Unity Bonfire [v0.67.0] [Hogswild Prasetto]

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

BeraGuyFan

Mar 1, 2018
Version 0.20.X
Conditionals, optimization and some horns

This new version adds conditional support to the dialogues of your custom NPCs, which combined with the also new ability to set and save data flags, will allow tinkerers to create more dynamic custom quests to the game.
I always wondered if it was ever possible to do this, but I don't know how to properly word it to find out. I got another question related to it but I'm gonna need to see it for myself if it warrants it. Depending on how I can work with this, I'm gonna have to spend a long time redoing a lot of dialogue trees I've made x'D:coldsweat:

BeraGuyFan

Mar 1, 2018
So after fiddling around with the new flag feature, I'm having difficulties that I think I'm overcomplicating it. I didn't have issues with the consumable items flag dialogue, but this portion

"Data flags are variables that can be added or modified through a new type of dialogue action. These data flags can be used in conditional checks (for example, saving custom quest progress for your NPC).

Conditionals are used through a new type of dialogue entry, which nests derived lines under it as the other types (Text and Choice, Simple Text...) but will take the speech to any of the offspring ones, depending on their contents.
"
I have no idea how or know if it is working.

Possibly related to the above, I have no idea how this works:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tried various words/numbers but so far I have no idea as it didn't do any noticeable changes.

During my Item Flag Dialogue test, I tried out the QuickSkip, here's the image of how it was laid out:
Line 16 has the Quickskip action.
When I run the dialogue, it started at "Testing Dialogue" and ended it at "This is line 1"
When I talked to my npc again it resumed at line 18 "You made a flag!" then stopped at line 20 "Skipped to line 20"
When I talked for the third time it went Testing>"This is Line 1"> "This is line 2"> "Skipped to line 20"
Then went Testing>"This is Line 1"> "Try again"> "Skipped to line 20" on the fourth time

I'm pretty sure I didn't use QuickSkip correctly, so if possible can someone provide a sample of their dialogue tree to better understand the mechanic?

Hogswild

Mar 2, 2018
So after fiddling around with the new flag feature, I'm having difficulties that I think I'm overcomplicating it. I didn't have issues with the consumable items flag dialogue, but this portion

I have no idea how or know if it is working.

Possibly related to the above, I have no idea how this works:
Tried various words/numbers but so far I have no idea as it didn't do any noticeable changes.

During my Item Flag Dialogue test, I tried out the QuickSkip, here's the image of how it was laid out:
Line 16 has the Quickskip action.
When I run the dialogue, it started at "Testing Dialogue" and ended it at "This is line 1"
When I talked to my npc again it resumed at line 18 "You made a flag!" then stopped at line 20 "Skipped to line 20"
When I talked for the third time it went Testing>"This is Line 1"> "This is line 2"> "Skipped to line 20"
Then went Testing>"This is Line 1"> "Try again"> "Skipped to line 20" on the fourth time

I'm pretty sure I didn't use QuickSkip correctly, so if possible can someone provide a sample of their dialogue tree to better understand the mechanic?
Flag checks only work if you have saved a flag before the actual check. You can save those flags through a dialogue action for that matter (only on Windows for now). There is only a misnomer to consider when doing so; the action displays "data 1" and "data 2" instead of "variable name" and "content", as on it's conditional counterpart.

Checking for a flag without making a flag is pretty much useless.

nickclark89

Nov 10, 2017
been a while since I checked this game, has it been added new fuckable orcs in the story? I think the last one I meet was the second red one

dennisfiish

Jan 3, 2018
Version 0.20.X

• Goblinizer (transformative) buffs now have a different, more organic behavior. Their old linear behavior can still be used through a new buff of similar name.
  • Height and muscle increase and decrease buffs
What is the goblinizer? how do you activate that? and what buffs is he talking about?

edgywor

Nov 1, 2017
I don't usually comment, but that scene with the shaman was really unexpected and really good. The game overall is really well done too, with a good sense of humor and cute.

Reactions: Orion0317

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Damn it, actually, if it wasn't a gay-only project it would be such an awesome game... What a shame, truly, such great art and smooth animations. I mean, I'm not after gay things but I'm still going to admire well done job as I said above. If only the dev would do more gender options he would get a really huge amount of fans.

Reactions: konstantin2547

someuserhere

Jun 9, 2017
can I somehow interact with the genie in addition to the standard scene?

but is it possible to play for the NPC? Or apply their appearance to yourself? I would like to apply the exterior of the genie

Nov 18, 2017
Damn it, actually, if it wasn't a gay-only project it would be such an awesome game... What a shame, truly, such great art and smooth animations. I mean, I'm not after gay things but I'm still going to admire well done job as I said above. If only the dev would do more gender options he would get a really huge amount of fans.
Now you have some inkling of what its like for us m/m loving folk looking at 99% of the content here. ;)

Legogood

Nov 7, 2017
Why.
There is no reason for females in a gay ONLY male game.
There is too many hetero/straight games already out there and not enough gay male ones.

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes