PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Wait a minute, dev punching donut, do you have a walkthrough on how to get an ally guide, thank you
There are no published walkthroughs yet, BUT this is high up on my todo list. I plan to start writing them up next week. I will post them on both itch and steam and will link the posts here so you don't miss it.

Reactions: Jombizomazp

VNLXV

Nov 19, 2017
Well a tip to the dev is play The Witch's Night of Vengeance. That game is the gold standard when it comes to this game type (Adult side scroller/action game). I recommend the dev try it out for suggestions. Just swap the interaction. Have more female enemies and instead of having to kill/defeat them to get an h scene you can knock them down at a certain threshold and take advantage of them (They can get back up as well if left for too long). And instead of it being a whole transition to another screen have it on games playing field. That is assuming dev actually wants this to be an h game. Though I guess this suggestion is more suited for the next game in the series. Its just a common issue I see where h content isn't really weaved into the gameplay loop well. Its either not part of the gameplay at all or its on defeat (Which is extremely counter intuitive, since that should be the reward).,Im also not a big fan of unlock entire gallery on beating the game. The best games are always the games where you find yourself playing after beating to try and 100% the gallery. I mean you should be close to 100%ing the gallery already if h content is weaved in properly to the gameplay loop, major branching paths on withstanding.

Last edited:

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Well a tip to the dev is play The Witch's Night of Vengeance. That game is the gold standard when it comes to this game type (Adult side scroller/action game). I recommend the dev try it out for suggestions. Just swap the interaction. Have more female enemies and instead of having to kill/defeat them to get an h scene you can knock them down at a certain threshold and take advantage of them (They can get back up as well if left for too long). And instead of it being a whole transition to another screen have it on games playing field. That is assuming dev actually wants this to be an h game. Though I guess this suggestion is more suited for the next game in the series. Its just a common issue I see where h content isn't really weaved into the gameplay loop well. Its either not part of the gameplay at all or its on defeat (Which is extremely counter intuitive, since that should be the reward).,Im also not a big fan of unlock entire gallery on beating the game. The best games are always the games where you find yourself playing after beating to try and 100% the gallery. I mean you should be close to 100%ing the gallery already if h content is weaved in properly to the gameplay loop, major branching paths on withstanding.
I am shocked to see you still here to be honest. I got the distinct impression that you hated my work and just moved on to other things. Happy to see you still around here. I welcome the criticism, it will only help me to make better content.

You have mentioned Witch's Night of Vengeance before, I have never played it but am willing to check it out and see what you mean.

I did not really use any other games as references when making this game. It's my first ever game and I wanted to figure out how things could work on my own. This may not have been the best plan but I am happy with the results. The next game will be much different on the development side of things. I know what I am doing now (code and game engine-wise) and will be working with a team rather than a solo pursuit.

Regarding the unlocks, yeah you are right. I should have made unlocking them more of a task but during a normal playthrough, you really will have already unlocked everything anyways. All but a select few of the unlocks are tied to the main story line, which is unavoidable/can't be missed. I am adding holiday events this year for Halloween and Christmas, the associated unlocks/gallery/etc will be a bit different and won't be auto unlocked on game completion.
FWIW.

Reactions: seriiuo

VNLXV

Nov 19, 2017
I am shocked to see you still here to be honest. I got the distinct impression that you hated my work and just moved on to other things. Happy to see you still around here. I welcome the criticism, it will only help me to make better content.

You have mentioned Witch's Night of Vengeance before, I have never played it but am willing to check it out and see what you mean.

I did not really use any other games as references when making this game. It's my first ever game and I wanted to figure out how things could work on my own. This may not have been the best plan but I am happy with the results. The next game will be much different on the development side of things. I know what I am doing now (code and game engine-wise) and will be working with a team rather than a solo pursuit.

Regarding the unlocks, yeah you are right. I should have made unlocking them more of a task but during a normal playthrough, you really will have already unlocked everything anyways. All but a select few of the unlocks are tied to the main story line, which is unavoidable/can't be missed. I am adding holiday events this year for Halloween and Christmas, the associated unlocks/gallery/etc will be a bit different and won't be auto unlocked on game completion.
FWIW.
Nah If I hated it or w/e I would have not even humored it with a reply or criticism, like most of the content on this site. Its the fact I actually like what you are doing is why im so critical of it. There are also plenty of things I like about your game. Original engine/Not another illusion VN game, unique character design/story, compelling setting, and the gameplay IS fun. But in my experience focusing on the good doesnt lead to getting better. You gotta focus on the bad to actually grow. If everyone just said your game is perfect how tf are you supposed to improve? And unfortunately that happens far too often in adult games since the bar is pathetically low. 90% of the sht on DLSITE that has 5 stars has me baffled cause they are elaborate gif galleries or buggy messes. This game has the potential to be one of the few adult games that are actually good. Don't let it get to your head though. Ive seen far too many S-tier devs get full of themselves and fall off a cliff.

Reactions: PunchingDonut

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Nah If I hated it or w/e I would have not even humored it with a reply or criticism, like most of the content on this site. Its the fact I actually like what you are doing is why im so critical of it. There are also plenty of things I like about your game. Original engine/Not another illusion VN game, unique character design/story, compelling setting, and the gameplay IS fun. But in my experience focusing on the good doesnt lead to getting better. You gotta focus on the bad to actually grow. If everyone just said your game is perfect how tf are you supposed to improve? And unfortunately that happens far too often in adult games since the bar is pathetically low. 90% of the sht on DLSITE that has 5 stars has me baffled cause they are elaborate gif galleries or buggy messes. This game has the potential to be one of the few adult games that are actually good. Don't let it get to your head though. Ive seen far too many S-tier devs get full of themselves and fall off a cliff.
No exaggeration, this is the most motivating thing I have been told all year. Thank you.
My only goal with this and future games is to make something people will not only have fun playing, but will (in some way) stay with them well after they have finished playing them. I didn't decide to make games for the money or the personal recognition. I love video games in general and had some cool ideas and stories that I wanted to create experiences from. My dream is for people to talk about my characters/creations in the future, whether or not they ever know who made them is not important.
So what I am saying is that I hear you, but there is zero chance that I will ever get any kind of ego about myself. The games are the only thing that matters.

Side note: I got my hands on Witch's Night and started playing. I see what you mean about the seamless h scene integration. I am already drafting ideas for making mine just as seamless. I will see what I can do here...

Reactions: VNLXV
Dec 21, 2019
Bro, I've been playing our dear p-games for god knows how long. And yet there was only one game that i could sit on the chair and play all day long, forgetting that the intention was for a quick one. But, this one was so good that it kept me hooked on it till the end of the demo. I'll sure be buying it on steam and leaving a review. Congrats sir, you made a fapper have fun.

imagem_2024-07-24_232509399.png

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Bro, I've been playing our dear p-games for god knows how long. And yet there was only one game that i could sit on the chair and play all day long, forgetting that the intention was for a quick one. But, this one was so good that it kept me hooked on it till the end of the demo. I'll sure be buying it on steam and leaving a review. Congrats sir, you made a fapper have fun.

View attachment 3864388
This is exactly why I do what I do. Thank you homie

Reactions: hogjimla

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
probably going to waiting for a gallery unlock its a dud for now.
If all you are wanting is the artwork from the game, just follow me on twitter. I post lewds from the game all the time. Don't waste your time trying to play a game you don't like.

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes