4.20 star(s) 36 Votes

Altru

Lover of Giantesses
Donor
May 14, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you wouldn't mind AlphaCarrot, I would like to know the reason why as well.

I'm actually interested in trying this game out, however, there really isn't much in the way of explaining the overall theme besides, you unleash a succubus and use her power.

If either you or JoyVanKek can give a quick overview or what the overarching theme and more prevalent fetishes, and of course what you find is the direction it is taking more that you don't find appealing anymore AlphaCarrot, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: nanajosh

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
So, this will likely be the last time I post a subscriber build of the game. I might post one more, hoping it is a content update and not a bug fix, but I am not sure yet. Simply put the game is going in a direction that I personally do not care for and my desire to keep supporting it in any capacity has been greatly declining. I did not want to just up and vanish and leave anyone who looks forward to these posts hanging. I feel that would not be right without an explanation or reason as to why. This will also go for the posts about the streams and anything done therein.
No worries, I've done the same thing with other creators. Currently, I've been supporting Kanashii since he had to use SubscribeStar. I can start posting updates if you'd like, I'll be continuing my support for now. I'd would also like to know your reasoning, just to understand what has changed as I'm not the best at following steams and stuff with Kanashii. ^_^

AlphaCarrot

Nov 29, 2019
Book of Lust v0.0.57.1a Bunny Suit Edition

Mega:

MediaFire:

Sorry I have not addressed some of the comments above. I will do that later, but in the meantime have a new update :)

Last edited:

Tigg

Oct 4, 2017
Anyone figure out how to body swap back with Caroline in .57.1a? Went to mall with Julia, talked with Mel, had the 3-way with Jake/Julia and solo with Jake and no love. Please halp.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Anyone figure out how to body swap back with Caroline in .57.1a? Went to mall with Julia, talked with Mel, had the 3-way with Jake/Julia and solo with Jake and no love. Please halp.
There are a bit more steps. Look at the under Quest Guide. The quest is Memetics. It'll guide you through how to get to the point where you can body swap with Caroline.

EDIT: I may be confused by your question. >.<

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigg

Tigg

Oct 4, 2017
There are a bit more steps. Look at the under Quest Guide. The quest is Memetics. It'll guide you through how to get to the point where you can body swap with Caroline.

EDIT: I may be confused by your question. >.<
Already did the swap and am trying to swap back. I get <Something went wrong> in the message area.

Reactions: Shilou

NCC1701B

Jan 9, 2020
I assumed that might be the case, was just hoping it wasn’t.
You should be able to swap back. Kanashii included an exit that isn't story dependent (because that storyline isn't done yet), but it might have become a bit context dependent, now that there are a few places the 'swap back' button can show up.

Give it a few tries - swapping back via the Caroline dialog option should work once you've exhausted the dialog about how it isn't working.

Reactions: Tigg

Tigg

Oct 4, 2017
You should be able to swap back. Kanashii included an exit that isn't story dependent (because that storyline isn't done yet), but it might have become a bit context dependent, now that there are a few places the 'swap back' button can show up.

Give it a few tries - swapping back via the Caroline dialog option should work once you've exhausted the dialog about how it isn't working.
I saw that in the first caroline body swap build but with the new dialogue additions that seems to be borked. I'll keep at it and see if I can figure out the sequence.

Tigg

Oct 4, 2017
I have noticed that after all the additional quest stuff, if you have sex with jake as caroline you get a "Continue" button but no corresponding text and no way to move forward without clicking it so I suspect it's a build bug.

D

Deleted member 1827769

To give you an exact reason is kinda difficult as it is not one single thing, but rather a couple of things. I guess NTR could be large factor especially how in your face it is or at least it felt that way to me, but I would not say it is the sole reason. In addition to the NTR theme I felt that more attention and care was put into the character of Mel based on what scenes and dialogue is/was available. Basically from my view point Mel received a lot more of what I considered interesting and unique content and comparing that to what the player could actually do or influence I feel/felt cheated. It feels/felt more of a Mel world than anything else especially, in my opinion, how pervasive he is through out the beginning portions of the game. Then there is the foreshadowing of the neighbors which I mentioned above which again I felt just added to the issue.
From when I first played the game very early on, I really liked the theme and the art style, and as it went along the moment he added the pregnancy sex animation I felt that this was a great effort to add details to the game, as I had not seen other games do that at the time, I quickly started supporting rather than just downloading the game (it was the first game I gave money to, and the one that lead me to look for other games XD).

I was a $15 supporter for a very long time, and I was happy, but same with you, I felt that it was getting many updates and effort towards Mel, with some of the artwork he posted on patreon involved Mel with Cas and Olv, it slowly kept turning me off the game (These art works may not be "lore" but I still din't like em much, great artwork, but still wish it was MC and not another character). And now the way the story is going (other people having books/powers), it doesn't seem to be the game I was expecting where you the MC goes on a corruption rampage and get what ever you want, or succumbing to the succubus you released from the book.

I do not mind that Mel is in a relationship with Cas, or the possible neighbors having a relationship in the next updates, what I want is to be able to change that at my will, and it seems more effort is given away from that, or at least, will be many updates away until this is possible. I stopped supporting and keep an eye on the change log to see if some off the new updates peek my interest, but for a while, so far none have.

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
Glad to see that I'm not alone with similar expectations about this game.
I hoped for power fantasy with good anthro, straight and incestous story and pregnancy as a bonus.(rare mix)
Yet the focus has shifted for more NTR power ranger thingy, withe every other character running around with their very own book. MC is even said to be the weakest of them all according to in game lore. Just to nail the point.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Glad to see that I'm not alone with similar expectations about this game.
I hoped for power fantasy with good anthro, straight and incestous story and pregnancy as a bonus.(rare mix)
Yet the focus has shifted for more NTR power ranger thingy, withe every other character running around with their very own book. MC is even said to be the weakest of them all according to in game lore. Just to nail the point.
Though I think "weakest" depends on the circumstances. Alone, probably, but imagine if you corrupt enough people with your skills that others would have to go against them because theoretically you should be able to use "dominate mind"/"compulsion" (and other things of course) on a higher level the more your (succubus) power grows.

Though Caroline might be an higher threat because of her abilities.

About the other things, I can only agree that it goes more into NTR and I dislike it (not NTR itself). Progression is already slow and adding a second male character made the overall progression even slower since more content needs to be done, which not every person even likes (gay content is another example).

In my opinion he should have focused on finishing the started scenes with Cassandra and Olivia since they were the first characters besides Jake. He made some progress but didn't finish all before going further to the dreams and stuff, which annoys me since Cassandra would be the next person the Succubus would be able to possess, though she doesn't have finished scenes for that.

Currently it almost looks like there isn't a clear direction the development is going to, though that statement would be wrong since it is focusing on (mostly) more story and Mel content, but I mean it from an overall perspective since there is still unfinished content and he goes already to the next.

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
Though I think "weakest" depends on the circumstances. Alone, probably, but imagine if you corrupt enough people with your skills that others would have to go against them because theoretically you should be able to use "dominate mind"/"compulsion" (and other things of course) on a higher level the more your (succubus) power grows.
I get your point here, and I agree that by corruption he may gain some advantage here. But remember his spells are basically useless if the other book holders don't want them to work on them. The impregnation, change body and so on worked on Caroline because she wanted it to work on her.

Though Caroline might be an higher threat because of her abilities.
True, but looking where the things goes, she may become PC's weapon, but we are far away from that, and I dunno how much of actual combat and "warfare" will be included, so I won't go any further with this thought.

About the other things, I can only agree that it goes more into NTR and I dislike it (not NTR itself).
I have different feelings about both NTR and gay stuff, that's why I always opt for leaving things like that to the player's choice with the possibility to turn off fetishes that don't float one's boat. After all both in adult and more mainstream games, the more choices, the better. CK2 is the best example of this, with it's high customization before you even start campaign.

It worries me that he moves to other things before finishing the basics/core, like with that cheat option usage detection, that serves no point in the current state of the game.(Even if he will implement it in finished game, i'm not in support of things like that, after all they limit player's agency)

I agree that he should finish the core characters before moving on to the next content. His current lack of focus reminds me of other failed projects with bad resource and goal management. We can only hope that this game won't share that fate.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
But remember his spells are basically useless if the other book holders don't want them to work on them.
I was only trying to say that his abilities aren't as bad as it sounds compared to others.
That's why I said that it doesn't affect them directly, but the people around them. He could corrupt others and force them on the other book holders, which would make Caroline's abilities a threat against it, but obviously she isn't because of their relationship.
I have different feelings about both NTR and gay stuff, that's why I always opt for leaving things like that to the player's choice with the possibility to turn off fetishes that don't float one's boat.
It worries me that he moves to other things before finishing the basics/core
That's what I meant by saying that I dislike that he does more NTR content. I didn't mean NTR itself (like I mentioned), but that the focus keeps shifting and he creates new content even though the previous content isn't finished yet, like the content of possessed Cassandra or that Olivia got some finished scenes only afterwards (but is still missing some).

kurwa99

Jan 20, 2018
After reading some posts her im glad im not the only one that pick up and disliked the NTR theme. I dont mind it being in the game if people want it, but clearly some people dont want it. so eaither with the spell or just settings option the NTR should be able to be turned off.

I think using a spell to "subjigate" Mel would be prefered. specially with the recent info on how the spells attach to ideas it would make sense for a spell to atachh a complicated thing to the idea of "Mel"
for example making any female that recognises the idea of "Mel" activate "repulsion" or "unatractive" this way you could turn off NTR.

i really like the game so all i want is for him to give players an option, be it lore way or just in the settings.

Fanthrose

Apr 26, 2019
Does Caroline move somewhere else? I talked to her a couple times, and went off to do other things. Now suddenly i go back to her room and she's never there. Like, at all.

NCC1701B

Jan 9, 2020
Does Caroline move somewhere else? I talked to her a couple times, and went off to do other things. Now suddenly i go back to her room and she's never there. Like, at all.
If you ignore Caroline for too long (7 days, I want to say?) she disappears permanently. I'm guessing that was meant to be a character development / story thing, but I'm not a fan of that mechanic, given how insanely punishing it is for the player.

moohoo

May 13, 2018
you can probably look at the helium tank in her room and put 2 and 2 together.

• Haha
Reactions: atur
4.20 star(s) 36 Votes