RPGM Abandoned Bounty Hunter Samus [v0.1] [STARPARTY]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

VNProtagonist

May 14, 2017
Oh, cool! They're using Scale Garden's battle system. Their games are fun.
Art looks great in this plus fun mechanics? Will definitely be checking this out.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Is there a trick to surviving this game, or has it just been too long since I played a genuinely challenging game? I had to skip a lot of fights to live, but then I'm only level two by the Golem fight. It was a very short and pathetic 1 round death. Guessing I'll need to start fresh, but I'm not sure what to do. Also, I like the battle system, but I've never seen it before. Are there tips on that?
EDIT: Also, what is vitality?

Smellfire

Sep 4, 2019
Is there a trick to surviving this game, or has it just been too long since I played a genuinely challenging game? I had to skip a lot of fights to live, but then I'm only level two by the Golem fight. It was a very short and pathetic 1 round death. Guessing I'll need to start fresh, but I'm not sure what to do. Also, I like the battle system, but I've never seen it before. Are there tips on that?
Vitality is usually Hitpoints or Health. Haven't played it yet so couldn't confirm it in this.

ICTOAUN

May 19, 2018
Fun enough game, but I just reached the second area, and the evasion on the slimes is WAY too high. Even when you put all your points into Hit Chance, the miss rate is still high enough that the slimes take longer to kill than the boss of the first area. I found myself using my super about twice on every slime, which frankly seems kinda ridiculous.

I get that their high evade rate is supposed to represent their slippery nature, but nobody wants to spend 6-7 minutes per trash mob.

I'd recommend lowering their evasion, or if you REALLLY want to keep their evasiveness up, cut their hp in half.

....or is there some aspect of the fight I'm missing here?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Reberu

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
You should be fighting the Golem at least at level three. Try to fight all monsters you meet on your main way and search for hidden items. They are on almost every map. Also, be sure to use Samus' skill during the fight with the Golem.

There are currently 3 ways for you to recover AP points. (AP is used for strengthening your combat stats)
Using an item, level up or with vitality. Once you use even 1 AP point, on the top right box a countdown of 4 turns is displayed. After that time, the Vit points get turned into AP points.
E.g. you have only 25 AP left, and 80 Vit -> after 4 turns you will have the max. AP of 30 and 75 Vit left
Vit is more or less a reserve stock for AP.

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Reberu what RPG Maker engine does this use? Game looks nice but I was wondering if I could make a native Linux version of it since while wine is great sometimes it gets a bit finnicky

Reberu

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Fun enough game, but I just reached the second area, and the evasion on the slimes is WAY too high. Even when you put all your points into Hit Chance, the miss rate is still high enough that the slimes take longer to kill than the boss of the first area. I found myself using my super about twice on every slime, which frankly seems kinda ridiculous.

I get that their high evade rate is supposed to represent their slippery nature, but nobody wants to spend 6-7 minutes per trash mob.

I'd recommend lowering their evasion, or if you REALLLY want to keep their evasiveness up, cut their hp in half.

....or is there some aspect of the fight I'm missing here?
Thank you for the feedback! I'll take it into consideration :)

Very good, nice art so far for a demo. any chance of beastiality or beastiality like monsters?
Yes, there will be H-Scenes with bestiality monsters.

Reberu what RPG Maker engine does this use? Game looks nice but I was wondering if I could make a native Linux version of it since while wine is great sometimes it gets a bit finnicky
I'm using RPG Maker MV. Once I get to it, I will definitely look into both, a Mac and Linux version.

Reactions: PapaJohnLunchMeat

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Thank you for the feedback! I'll take it into consideration :)

Yes, there will be H-Scenes with bestiality monsters.

I'm using RPG Maker MV. Once I get to it, I will definitely look into both, a Mac and Linux version.
what version of RPG Maker MV are you using though? I can test your Linux version for you if you want. I wanted to make a linux version of this but it only comes with the exe and a save directory in the www so it makes it hard to use the base Linux RPG Maker MV

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes