Other005

May 23, 2019
You know that the Japanese dictionary is not the same as the American one, right? There are Japanese words that cannot even be translated into English or vice versa.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Where did you read the same? I only saw similar ones.
From Stalin guy. He is the one who said Naofumi is the same as Keyaru
Remove the biases that everyone inject onto him, he meets the definition of an anti-hero. The same goes for Naofumi Iawatani from Rising of the Shield Hero, when you look at it on the surface, he only cares about himself primarily because he was forced to do so, and only goes out of his way to look out for himself. Just because Rising of the Shield Hero isn't necessarily as dark as a Dark Fantasy can go, doesn't change the fact that the two characters share the similar traits that define what an anti-hero is.

Reactions: Spuul

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
He's talking about the situation, not the characters. It was what I understood.
Yes, their situations were different. All wanted revenge but Hajime and Naofumi never did anything horrible like kill anyone who got in their revenge way or brainwash and rape their Harems. They even forgave some of their enemies like the other heroes. So they are not villains like Keyaru, they are just antiheroes.

Other005

May 23, 2019
It's because they weren't tortured, and raped, humiliated and beaten for years. The situation in question is that they are betrayed and react in a different way but with similarities. But it's right he abandons revenge. I think Keyaru is worse just like everything he went through.

Other005

May 23, 2019
It's because he said something very similar to the spear hero that's why I said that. In the anime itself, it was recognized as wrong.

Zedas

Feb 1, 2019
Guys, I apologize for interrupting you, I just have a question, is this developer working on some new game?

4.20 star(s) 58 Votes