3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
This Game Was Made With Rpg Maker MV
The pictures are made wilth Honey Select
So, basically he took one of the worst/outdated game engines and chocked it full of content from one of the worst render engines? Great...

Jul 29, 2017
I'm having a particularly odd bug. After just getting Emily in the party, the exit is broken and I'm stuck in grandma's house.

EDIT: I found the exit. EVEN stranger fix. I tried click through the bathroom window and it ported me outside. WEIRD bug...

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
So, basically he took one of the worst/outdated game engines and chocked it full of content from one of the worst render engines? Great...
lol... a 3 year old game engine is "one of the most outdated game engines"? Wow! I never would have thought they go out of style that fast! Good thing no one uses Unreal 4, Unity, Renpy, or Twine around here, right? Then we'd REALLY be out of date.

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
lol... a 3 year old game engine is "one of the most outdated game engines"? Wow! I never would have thought they go out of style that fast! Good thing no one uses Unreal 4, Unity, Renpy, or Twine around here, right? Then we'd REALLY be out of date.
It’s not the age of it that makes it outdated, it’s the simplistic and limited design of it’s function. Not regarding age, you’re comparing a 8-bit Nintendo to a PS4/Xbox

Chickenflavor

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I understand that this engine is not the best as honey select is not either. I have no background in programming in fact its far off my main job (construction). I do this for fun a couple hours at night its an easy engine to work with so anybody that put his mind into it can create a game. I might try another engine after this game is over though but for now thats what it is. Unfortunately some people are not willing to give it a try because of the engine but i think its still worth a look.

Nightfall414

Jan 11, 2018
And, as anyone ought to know, it's not the engine, it's not the tools, it's what you can DO with it.

Sometimes, older systems and tools are more effective for a job because when you know how they all work, and the amount of things that have been added as support for it- either official or as third-party- you can get a LOT done. I mean, I've seen things done on an old Archimedes that modern graphics applications have no support for and trouble reproducing!

Reactions: TylerJ

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
It’s not the age of it that makes it outdated, it’s the simplistic and limited design of it’s function. Not regarding age, you’re comparing a 8-bit Nintendo to a PS4/Xbox
No one cares man. We're here to have fun and get off. Not nerd out over the technical excelence of the latest hair rendering algorithm. Graphics aren't what makes a game good. And my favorite games on this site are at least half RPGM games (or other spite based games). "Outdated" or not... I still end up enjoying them more, on average, than all the deja-vu inducing visual novels made with renpy or the barely-started-then-abandoned messes most of the unity and unreal 4 games end up. I've not once stopped in the middle of games like Dilmur, Valiant Warior Astrid, or The Last Sovereign and thought to myself "what this game really needs is cutting edge graphics at the cost of never getting completed, waiting months between very small releases, and vastly reduced play time even if it does get finished."

Remember, these games are made usually by one person working in their spare time. The single most common mistake I see is people thinking they can do far more than is reasonable. As @Nightfall414 aludes to... choosing a technically superior engine that ultimately prevents you from making timely releases and/or finishing isn't an improvement.

Also, RPG Maker MV is closer to 16-bit in the graphics department (and they all have been going back at least to RGPM VX released in 2008)... though, under the hood, it's more capable than any software running on PS4 could hope to be. It's built on javascript and can literally have any feature you want it to have... running with the full power of a computer's CPU and RAM backing it. By that standard? PS4 is the one that's out of date.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
The beginning of the game: So... I've been in a deep coma for 7 years only to wake up and being put into sleep again few moments later? XDDDDDDD

So I've met 1st 2 sisters. Both are described as 19 years old but one is ,,the youngest" and the other is ,,middle" one... What the? xD Well I could pressume there's a difference in age between them counted in months, OR it's just a bug or something. Still it looks funny.

The action progress is way too fast. The story is... Flat. Well, let's say I would at least try to polish it somehow so it would be more sensible. MC sister's reactions are so stiff and all like he's never been in any coma... At the current point it (at least to me) looks like a regular fap material where the player can focus on sex scenes more than the story/both. But then again, why there's not any ,,Skip" button? So even if I've saved the game before some scene, I need to play the whole scene so I can load the save to avoid mistake during the scene. Well, it actually is a bad thing since if You have multiple choices leading to multiple results, You need to replay the WHOLE scene way too many times which is a great time-consumer.

As much as I would like to play it further, I unfortunately can't stand it :/ Wish You good luck anyway!

@Edit: Well I actually gave it another try and completed everything the guide said (Well almost, I couldn't get past 100 point) and so far I can tell it still need polishing when it comes to story.

Chickenflavor

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
The beginning of the game: So... I've been in a deep coma for 7 years only to wake up and being put into sleep again few moments later? XDDDDDDD

So I've met 1st 2 sisters. Both are described as 19 years old but one is ,,the youngest" and the other is ,,middle" one... What the? xD Well I could pressume there's a difference in age between them counted in months, OR it's just a bug or something. Still it looks funny.

The action progress is way too fast. The story is... Flat. Well, let's say I would at least try to polish it somehow so it would be more sensible. MC sister's reactions are so stiff and all like he's never been in any coma... At the current point it (at least to me) looks like a regular fap material where the player can focus on sex scenes more than the story/both. But then again, why there's not any ,,Skip" button? So even if I've saved the game before some scene, I need to play the whole scene so I can load the save to avoid mistake during the scene. Well, it actually is a bad thing since if You have multiple choices leading to multiple results, You need to replay the WHOLE scene way too many times which is a great time-consumer.

As much as I would like to play it further, I unfortunately can't stand it :/ Wish You good luck anyway!

@Edit: Well I actually gave it another try and completed everything the guide said (Well almost, I couldn't get past 100 point) and so far I can tell it still need polishing when it comes to story.
Thanks for the review. I will try to add a skip scene for 0.8. as for point 100 just go outside where the father is buried and head for the left when you go out the mansion door.

G

gualmar

I am lost after meeting the school principal/getting invited to dinner and giving the glue formula I do not know what to do or where to go.

Chickenflavor

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I am lost after meeting the school principal/getting invited to dinner and giving the glue formula I do not know what to do or where to go.
Did you give it to helen? If not go see her if you gave it to her go to the side of the house.

Chickenflavor

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'd appreciate if there was a way to speed up the game in general. The scenes take a bit too long to go through. Adding a button to skip would be nice. And a load option without having to completely go back to the main menu would be nice. Other than that i think this game has potential.
You can keep the spacebar pressed to speed it up. I will try to make a skip scene.

Chickenflavor

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'm having a particularly odd bug. After just getting Emily in the party, the exit is broken and I'm stuck in grandma's house.

EDIT: I found the exit. EVEN stranger fix. I tried click through the bathroom window and it ported me outside. WEIRD bug...
I created the batroom exit as 3 people encountered that bug before you. I could never recreate it and code is all fine its like it was skipping the exit thats why i created the hidden exit.

Dhalamar

Jan 26, 2018
I have tried to pass the first scene of Helen several times and always in the middle of the scene I was thrown out of the game

Tyler11ball

Mar 8, 2019
I am enjoying the game so far, just downloaded it but I started in a browser. Is there anyway I can get a save state just after the bloody curtain? I would rather not start from the beginning.

I have since made it to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and I will stop there. I need a save state for right after this.

Reactions: 小雪
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes