2.40 star(s) 5 Votes

TranceTitan

Aug 22, 2018
"souls-like"
"This game is meant to be difficult, you will die a lot!"

I'm guessing this is what makes it souls like?

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Played it. The animations are really nice. The combat is good-ish, the enemy's attack hitbox also hits behind him, which is annoying, not to mention that it has bigger reach upwards than downwards: you can stay out of his reach if you're positioned down and still hit him, it's a tight window but it helps cheese the fight a bit.

Fun bit: Demon Souls "copied" a lot of stuff from Monster Hunter, including the dodging and stamina management. Invincible dodge rolls already existed back in Mega Man Legends

dexyne

Jan 26, 2019
Game (or prototype should I say) as been discontinued as stated on the itch.io page . A shame but I guess the game should be marked as abandoned.

Reactions: Lucho041

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Quoting from their itch post:
According to player behavior, Braindance does not seem as fun and as exciting as our other games. It did not "stick" with the players as much as Queen's Brothel and Barely Working did. We had very very good marketing for Braindance, millions of views on TikTok and still the fanbase for Braindance is very small. For comparison, when we had millions of views on TikTok for Queen's Brothel, we had massive long-term growth.

Not surprising. The demo was a single boss where you spent most of your time fighting then only got like 10 seconds of fun. There was too much focus on the game part and not enough on the hentai. There was nothing to keep a player coming back.

As a side note, I thought tiktok banned adult content? Or did they carefully skirt around without showing the sex part?

Reactions: Lucho041 and dexyne

Redboi8

Mar 17, 2023
It could've became a decent h-game, but I guess I can understand why it "did not stick". The initial demo was literally one minute worth gameplay with clunky controls, and after several month it's still basically the same but with colors and music.
I mean, I've seen worse and really wished this game the best, but I see why the audience didn't buy it... :cry:

Reactions: dexyne
2.40 star(s) 5 Votes