4.80 star(s) 10 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Only found dev's work recently and finished both this and prequel a couple days ago, but from skimming the forum in the first game and seeing what had to be said about it, I'm honestly kind of impressed he's willing to do it again, and without financial incentive this time. Personally not a fan of it, but I'm not here to knock it.
Well, since that content is avoidable, I didn't search too much about it either. The harem ending of that game bothered me much more than the NTR (rape) scene, which I haven't seen.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
As the game itself says, Riley will be a man or a woman depending on what you choose:

View attachment 3638850

While Eleonora will always be trans, but if he chooses "only females", then there will be no romance with her:

View attachment 3638848

And here you have the choice:

View attachment 3638852

So if you choose "Only Females" Riley is female and Leonora will not be available romantically, and if you choose "Allow for Trap content" Riley is male and the MC can have a romance with Leonora.

AS Alandir says, there is no possibility of choosing Riley to be a woman and at the same time having the option of romance with Eleonora. Although the truth is that I hadn't noticed it until now, possibly because my only option is "only female"
Then that's kinda silly, I guess. Also just not happy about Eleonora being trans regardless when Riley has a choice. I like her, just not my thing.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Well, since that content is avoidable, I didn't search too much about it either. The harem ending of that game bothered me much more than the NTR (rape) scene, which I haven't seen.
Harem endings are hard. Harems are hard. It's hard to make them make any sort of sense, except for maybe how Out of Touch does its polycule.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Harem endings are hard. Harems are hard. It's hard to make them make any sort of sense, except for maybe how Out of Touch does its polycule.
I guess you know this is a harem game, right?

Actually the problem with the first game is that the harem ending doesn't feel like a harem ending at all. I'm not going to say what it's like, but if you've seen it I guess you'll agree that it's a very disapointing ending.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I guess you know this is a harem game, right?

Actually the problem with the first game is that the harem ending doesn't feel like a harem ending at all. I'm not going to say what it's like, but if you've seen it I guess you'll agree that it's a very disapointing ending.
Haven't. Said a few pages ago, I believe, that I can't get into the old HS1 style. And yes, I know this is a harem game. Although IIRC that's not, like, explicitly out in the open as far as the game goes; like, Eternum is the same way. It has harem game vibes, but in actuality so far it's just bouncing between girls without telling them you're in a relationship with multiple girls. And, that, to me, is a very bad way to run a harem... but honestly is there a good way, besides lucking into one a la Out of Touch? It wasn't a criticism of the game, or to say that I dislike the game, or even the genre, just that making a satisfying harem ending is hard because harem storylines tend to be rather... out there, in terms of reasoning.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to apologise because I know it's a sort of faux pas (if not outright rule break?) to namedrop other games in a game thread, but it's hard to talk about something like genre without citing precedent/contemporaries.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Haven't. Said a few pages ago, I believe, that I can't get into the old HS1 style. And yes, I know this is a harem game. Although IIRC that's not, like, explicitly out in the open as far as the game goes; like, Eternum is the same way. It has harem game vibes, but in actuality so far it's just bouncing between girls without telling them you're in a relationship with multiple girls. And, that, to me, is a very bad way to run a harem... but honestly is there a good way, besides lucking into one a la Out of Touch? It wasn't a criticism of the game, or to say that I dislike the game, or even the genre, just that making a satisfying harem ending is hard because harem storylines tend to be rather... out there, in terms of reasoning.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to apologise because I know it's a sort of faux pas (if not outright rule break?) to namedrop other games in a game thread, but it's hard to talk about something like genre without citing precedent/contemporaries.
For now he is handling it better than in the first game, also for now the MC doesn't have any romantic relationship with any LI. I hope that later on, as the MC begins to have romantic relationships with the LIs, everything becomes more like a real harem game where all the LIs know the situation and accept it.

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
I agree with you on that, although for different reasons. I like where it was headed, the room for conflict was plentiful and having maybe a little more content for it would've been great, but then they just throw it away and decide "hey, we're cool with this cus he says so". I do hope dev fleshes it out this time around because I do believe with things like the family tension between Quelea and Ryuko and the dynamics around Ame-Miki-Zoe and Hana-Linh, not to mention the potential dynamics between Bea-Emi and Riley-Nora, there's so much room for development in between everything that I really hope dev does something with it rather than just looking at them individually or in pairs and throwing away any buildup for a quick ending.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I agree with you on that, although for different reasons. I like where it was headed, the room for conflict was plentiful and having maybe a little more content for it would've been great, but then they just throw it away and decide "hey, we're cool with this cus he says so". I do hope dev fleshes it out this time around because I do believe with things like the family tension between Quelea and Ryuko and the dynamics around Ame-Miki-Zoe and Hana-Linh, not to mention the potential dynamics between Bea-Emi and Riley-Nora, there's so much room for development in between everything that I really hope dev does something with it rather than just looking at them individually or in pairs and throwing away any buildup for a quick ending.
It seems to me that he is slowly but consistently preparing the ground for the harem.

Reactions: ToadMayn
4.80 star(s) 10 Votes