Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Sandbox mode pls
Sandbox mode will need at least 2 or 3 more updates.
Iam working hard on the next update and it will be more massive than all previous updates.
Iam almost finished with combat (the mechanics at least), added a new area and changed/added a lot of other stuff. There will be an update of the vid pack too.

I think i can release it in about a week.

Last edited:

Xavim

Jul 2, 2017
When you first open the game the I am over 21 message - Iam is what's showing so that needs a space.

Current:
In 2019 a new virus spread over all humanity. Even though the virus was seen as a thread and many counter measures were taken by various governments, a variant of the virus viped out most humans just a decade later.
Fixed:
In 2019 a new virus spread over all humanity. Even though the virus was seen as a threat and many countermeasures were taken by various governments, a variant of the virus wiped out most humans just a decade later.

Current:
The survivors tried to build new governments, but too many knowledge was gone with the dead. There just wasn't enough time to learn the needed skills to maintain the existing infrastructure. The results were catastrophies like nuclear meltdowns, uncontrolled wildfires, the uprise of once extincted diseases, the rupture of food chains and many more. The newly formed provisional governments failed again. Anarchy took over and the survivors organized into small groups fighting each other rather than cooperating.
Fixed:

The survivors tried to build new governments, but too much knowledge was gone with the dead. There just wasn't enough time to learn the needed skills to maintain the existing infrastructure. The results were catastrophic due to nuclear meltdowns, uncontrolled wildfires, the uprise of once extinct diseases, the rupture of food chains, and many more issues coming up. The newly formed provisional governments failed again. Anarchy took over and the survivors organized into small groups fighting each other rather than cooperating.

continue.png
Having it Continue would look a bit better. Really this will go for any button choice

Current:

Now, almost 50 years later, not much has changed. There are no countries and no governments. A few communities managed to survive living a simple life of farmers and hunters.

Your father was one of the few people who "always had seen it comming". He was better prepared than most other people. He had a secure place, hidden in an abondened mountain area. He had stored supplies and equipment for many years to come.
But now he is dead and you are all alone. Your mother died when you were born. Your father did his best to raise you to become a strong and independent man, armed with all necessary skills to survive in a harsh environment.
Basically, you have everything to live on your own, but you are lonely. Even though you are socially unexperienced due to the lack of company, you realize that you are the born leader. With every day passing by, you are more and more driven by the thought to explore the world around you. You want to find other humans, build a society, create something lasting, reproduce.
Fixed:

Now, almost 50 years later, not much has changed. There are no longer any countries or governments. A few communities managed to survive living a simple life of farmers and hunters.

Your father was one of the few people who "always had seen it coming". He was better prepared than most other people. He had a secure place, hidden in an abandoned mountain area. He had stored supplies and equipment for many years to come.
But now he is dead and you are all alone. Your mother died when you were born. Your father did his best to raise you to become a strong and independent man, armed with all the necessary skills to survive in a harsh environment.
Basically, you have everything to live on your own, but you are lonely. Even though you are socially inexperienced due to the lack of company, you realize that you are the born leader. With every day passing by, you are more and more driven by the thought to explore the world around you. You want to find other humans, build a society, create something lasting, reproduce.

Current:
Welcome to the tutorial. Step by step you will learn how to play the game. The tutorial covers the most important basics, the rest you will learn by playing the game. Some parts of the game are explained in more detail while you play the story mode.
Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

If you want to end the tutorial before you finished it, click on 'Headquarter', which you can find in the left menu and then on 'objectives', the dartboard at the top.
Fixed:

Welcome to the tutorial. Step by step you will learn how to play Breakdown. This tutorial covers the most important basics, the rest you will learn by playing the game. Some parts of the game are explained in more detail while you play the story mode.

If you want to end the tutorial before you finished it, click on 'Headquarters', which you can find in the left menu, and then on 'objectives', the dartboard at the top.

Current:
If you want to end the tutorial before you finished it, click on 'Headquarters', which you can find in the left menu, and then on 'objectives', the dartboard at the top.
Suggestion:
Change 'objectives' to OBJECTIVES so it matches the format for the other menu items.

Current:
headquarter.png
Fixed:

HEADQUARTERS

Reason for this one: The noun headquarters can be either singular or plural. In both cases, it is written with an s at the end; headquarter as a noun is incorrect. The noun headquarters is generally singular

Current:
On the top of the main screen you can see a menu with a big
stamina
symbol.
stamina
stands for stamina and the number underneath represents the number of actions you have each week.

At the beginning of the game you start with 1
stamina
Stamina is the most important attribute in the game. The more stamina you have, the more you can do each week.

Since 1
stamina
isn't very good, the first thing you should do, is to increase it. Apart from spending skill points to increase the attribute stamina, there are other options to increase stamina.
One of them is the agility focus.

Click on 'stamina' at the top or on the orange circle on the left, and select the agility focus!
Fixed:

On the top of the main screen, you can see a menu with a big
stamina
symbol.
stamina
stands for stamina and the number underneath represents the number of actions you have each week.

At the beginning of the game, you start with 1
stamina
Stamina is the most important attribute in the game. The more stamina you have, the more you can do each week.

Since 1
stamina
isn't very good, the first thing you should do is to increase it. Apart from spending skill points to increase the attribute stamina, there are other options to increase stamina.

Click on 'stamina' at the top or on the orange circle on the left, and select the agility focus!

Current:
Great, you selected the agility focus.
However, you won't get the additional stamina immediately. You have to wait until the beginning of the next week that changes take place.

You can see that the symbol in the orange circle on the left has been replaced by a number. That number tells you how many weeks you have to wait before you can select another focus.
Fixed:

Great, you selected the Agility Focus.
However, you won't get the additional stamina immediately. You will have to wait until the beginning of the following week for the changes to take place.

You can see that the symbol in the orange circle on the left has been replaced by a number. That number tells you how many weeks you will have to wait before you can select another Focus.

Current:
end week.png

Fixed/Suggestion: Change the + sign to End Week.

Current:
Week update.png

Suggestion: Have a text box that says click anywhere to continue.

Current:
Nearly at the same time, 2 strange men with a girl and 4 youngsters arrive at your headquarter. The strangers offer to trade the girl for protection and shelter.
Of course you have to test the merchandise before you can decide. While testing, 3 hungry girls arrive. They are shocked and want to flee despite their hunger. But you, the strangers and the youngsters push them to the other girl and take them prisoner.
Fixed:
Nearly at the same time, 2 strange men with a girl and 4 youngsters arrive at your headquarter. The strangers offer to trade the girl for protection and shelter.
Of course, you have to test the merchandise before you can decide. While testing, 3 hungry girls arrive. They are shocked and try to flee despite their hunger. But you along with the strangers, and the youngsters are able to capture them and take them, prisoner, with the other girl.

Current:
As you can see, stamina is now 3.

You also should have gained a few male and female subjects. Before we talk about them, we have to cover the resources available in the game.

The most important resource is food (
food
).
Suggestion:

You also have gained a few male and female subjects. Before we talk about them, however, we need to cover the resources available in the game.

food
).

Current:

is needed to feed your subjects. When the total number of subjects exceeds your , subjects will either flee or starve to death.

food
can be gathered while exploring or it can be produced at buildings like HQ and farm.
How to do that will be explained more detailed later.

Another important resource is materials (
materials
).
Fixed:

is needed to feed your subjects. When the total number of subjects exceeds your
food
, subjects will either flee or starve to death.

food
can be gathered while exploring or it can be produced at buildings like HQ and farm.
How to do that will be explained in more detail later.

materials
).

____

Just some quick fixes I saw at the start of the game that you might want to take a look at.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
When you first open the game the I am over 21 message - Iam is what's showing so that needs a space.

Current:

Fixed:
In 2019 a new virus spread over all humanity. Even though the virus was seen as a threat and many countermeasures were taken by various governments, a variant of the virus wiped out most humans just a decade later.

Current:

Fixed:

The survivors tried to build new governments, but too much knowledge was gone with the dead. There just wasn't enough time to learn the needed skills to maintain the existing infrastructure. The results were catastrophic due to nuclear meltdowns, uncontrolled wildfires, the uprise of once extinct diseases, the rupture of food chains, and many more issues coming up. The newly formed provisional governments failed again. Anarchy took over and the survivors organized into small groups fighting each other rather than cooperating.

View attachment 1614135
Having it Continue would look a bit better. Really this will go for any button choice

Current:

Fixed:

Now, almost 50 years later, not much has changed. There are no longer any countries or governments. A few communities managed to survive living a simple life of farmers and hunters.

Your father was one of the few people who "always had seen it coming". He was better prepared than most other people. He had a secure place, hidden in an abandoned mountain area. He had stored supplies and equipment for many years to come.
But now he is dead and you are all alone. Your mother died when you were born. Your father did his best to raise you to become a strong and independent man, armed with all the necessary skills to survive in a harsh environment.
Basically, you have everything to live on your own, but you are lonely. Even though you are socially inexperienced due to the lack of company, you realize that you are the born leader. With every day passing by, you are more and more driven by the thought to explore the world around you. You want to find other humans, build a society, create something lasting, reproduce.

Current:

Fixed:

Welcome to the tutorial. Step by step you will learn how to play Breakdown. This tutorial covers the most important basics, the rest you will learn by playing the game. Some parts of the game are explained in more detail while you play the story mode.

Current:

Suggestion:
Change 'objectives' to OBJECTIVES so it matches the format for the other menu items.

Current:
View attachment 1614138
Fixed:

HEADQUARTERS

Reason for this one: The noun headquarters can be either singular or plural. In both cases, it is written with an s at the end; headquarter as a noun is incorrect. The noun headquarters is generally singular

Current:

Fixed:

On the top of the main screen, you can see a menu with a big
stamina
symbol.
stamina

At the beginning of the game, you start with 1
stamina

Since 1
stamina
isn't very good, the first thing you should do is to increase it. Apart from spending skill points to increase the attribute stamina, there are other options to increase stamina.

Current:

Fixed:

Great, you selected the Agility Focus.
However, you won't get the additional stamina immediately. You will have to wait until the beginning of the following week for the changes to take place.

You can see that the symbol in the orange circle on the left has been replaced by a number. That number tells you how many weeks you will have to wait before you can select another Focus.

Current:
View attachment 1614150

Fixed/Suggestion: Change the + sign to End Week.

Current:
View attachment 1614151

Suggestion: Have a text box that says click anywhere to continue.

Current:

Fixed:
Of course, you have to test the merchandise before you can decide. While testing, 3 hungry girls arrive. They are shocked and try to flee despite their hunger. But you along with the strangers, and the youngsters are able to capture them and take them, prisoner, with the other girl.

Current:

Suggestion:

You also have gained a few male and female subjects. Before we talk about them, however, we need to cover the resources available in the game.

food
).

Current:

Fixed:

is needed to feed your subjects. When the total number of subjects exceeds your
food
, subjects will either flee or starve to death.

food
How to do that will be explained in more detail later.

materials
).

____

Just some quick fixes I saw at the start of the game that you might want to take a look at.
Thank you, i changed everything that could be changed fast. The end week button will be replaced anyway, just didn't have the time yet.

Reactions: Seven7h

Xavim

Jul 2, 2017
problems.png

Ran the HTML in VS Code and found a few issues. The Speak errors looks to be speak:none and missing ; at the end of none right now.

Empty rulesets are just empty values so no color codes it looks like.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
View attachment 1618576

Ran the HTML in VS Code and found a few issues. The Speak errors looks to be speak:none and missing ; at the end of none right now.

Empty rulesets are just empty values so no color codes it looks like.
thanks, i look into it. but those issues shouldn't effect the game and i have to check the whole styling anyway, since i changed a lot since first release.

Reactions: Xavim

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Hi, short update from my phone. My internet connection is broken for about a week now and i exchanged the rooter and everything. I already contacted my provider and hope my internet is up again soon.
Until then i cannot upload the new version.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Hi, short update.

The technician repaired my internet but i seem to have a streak of bad luck, because shortly after my pc didn't boot anymore and i suspect it's the CPU. I was able to put together a working pc from old parts, but somehow one of my external discs is not recognized anymore. Luckily the one with the game is still working, but i lost all my save files.
Therefore it's only a small setback and i will share version 11 in a couple of days.

• Red Heart
Reactions: hatza and FallenR

FallenR

Nov 2, 2021
Hi, short update.

The technician repaired my internet but i seem to have a streak of bad luck, because shortly after my pc didn't boot anymore and i suspect it's the CPU. I was able to put together a working pc from old parts, but somehow one of my external discs is not recognized anymore. Luckily the one with the game is still working, but i lost all my save files.
Therefore it's only a small setback and i will share version 11 in a couple of days.
I will wait:), time is but a number.

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
just finished the game (v10) few days ago and i must say it's entertaining
hope you can deliver the package at the end of the day

i had several itch to share tho
==option to end the stage early==
this might be weird suggestion but for me on 30+wk the food always on deficit. must spend few stamina to scavenge foods, even then if i got lucky to find that food cache. maybe add food when goon commit mass seppuku, maybe :p

==role repurposing center==
trained 'slave' mean that they're prepped to fill a role needed, and that didn't exist (yet?) in this game. early game training, with torture (because of humility :HideThePain:), usually end me up with scientist/warden/pet (yay rngeezus) while i need something else on this phase. selling them in auction is actually impossible since early village/port is unheard of, and they had to stuck there.
tl;dr - role is fluid specialty isn't, or so i assume :KEK:

==the click==
needlessly to explain further what is the problem. maybe add option for that click requirement to be disabled/streamlined. carpal tunnel :HideThePain:

==the entourage==
add a little bonus for the staff beside the officers. maybe it's already planned in few update, or not. something like amplifier for brothel from special whore (got 6 of them), humility base from special concubine (got 7 of them). you know, so they're not pointless.

==explore mechanic==
what i meant for this 'explore' is post-100% specifically. my suggestion is after area fully explored i can focus my search for something i really need urgently like shortage of supplies (food in late game) or fixing man-woman ratio (through recruit). doesn't have to be fixed outcome but the chance that leaner more on a focus is appreciated.

==guard and abandon==
maybe, just maybe, add the number of soldier guarding the facilty to escape/desert chance. i got fully staffed warden (8) and full company (5) guarding prison of 3 inmates and 1 of them can still escape, i mean. . . :HideThePain:

that's it for now
waiting for v11 to be dropped soon :BootyTime:

Reactions: Black Xoul

Darkminou

May 13, 2017
Hi, short update.

Been a bit more than a couple of days
You're ok?

I mean, i love the game, but i don't want to put pressure on your or anything, just asking if it's ok, or if you have any news. As long as it don't damage your sanity.
You did wonderfull so far, just hoping to see more! =)

FallenR

Nov 2, 2021
Damn I waited. Hopefully someone continues this because I really think that this has a lot of potential just like free cities in my opinion.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Been a bit more than a couple of days
You're ok?

I mean, i love the game, but i don't want to put pressure on your or anything, just asking if it's ok, or if you have any news. As long as it don't damage your sanity.
You did wonderfull so far, just hoping to see more! =)
It's been a while, thanks for your concern.

I really had a hard time and was totally demotivated i have to admit, especially since i had also RL stuff going on that wasn't all too pleasant.

However, i didn't want all the stuff i learned go to waste and really enjoyed the coding (if you can call it that using Twine), therefore i started a while ago working on another project. A simpler game which probably would be liked by a broader audience and get me more subscribers (when i may start patreon or subscribestar), because the workload is quite high and i think this game is more for niche players. The new game is somewhat like Reign with porn, but i "only" have most part of the skeletton, nothing to play yet.

However, as i started to work on the new game, i checked out BreakDown and i have to admit that i like the game, even though the code is pretty complex and interlaced.
Since i hate not to finish something, especially when i like it, i started to continue working on it.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes