Zhurgy

Aug 6, 2016
It is indeed 20 subject and what you do is you cheese it by assigning and unsagging people from your gangbang squad which you evolve to have 15 people and then it's easy.

biohazard1453

Feb 27, 2018
Looking through the HTML file I think I've found a few things about fear and loyalty.

First they both have a constant drop. Loyalty will drop 3 each week, achievement 2 will lower to 2. Fear is a little more complicated. Achievement 3 will add 1 fear each week, then it will decay naturally by 2. This drop will be increased if there are more female subjects than male subjects and there are less than 50 male subjects.

Second they both have a base. This is the floor of these values. Initially both seem to be set to 0. Both are raised by player charm, muscle, height and rank, loyalty has a 2x multiplier on the muscle. Both receive a bonus based on gloryhole slaves up to +10 at 25 slaves. Fear gets a bonus from having a prison, gloryhole and drugs. Loyalty is raised by the number of glory hole slaves(in addition to the bonus mentioned before) and brothel whores. Loyalty takes a 10 point hit if there are more males than females.

Finally, it seems that these are not thresholds for people leaving. They seem to essentially be the chance of not triggering a runaway. A d100 is rolled and if it is higher than the value people will leave. The difference between the two determines the severity.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Krew

venohm

Aug 17, 2017
The concept looked great, so wanted to give this one a try. But without any sort of tutorial or explanation of how things worked I was a bit frustrated. Then with explore skip week, repeat, I got quickly bored. I hope this one gets better because I really like the concept, but for now, it's definitely a pass for me.

Krew

May 5, 2017
Bug: If you have a squad assigned to a building and start a new zone, they are stuck guarding that building despite you not having found the building in the new zone.

Reactions: Klausus

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I'm having trouble with "Gold Rush". It seems quite difficult, even with character stats optimized for it (stamina 5 and charm 4) to get 30 whores trained in time.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Got this early in my second attempt at Gold Rush. More instances of "Not A Number"

1630639467470.png

EDIT: Loaded up my save and haven't been able to reproduce yet.

EDIT2: Objective states that additional coins can be made by selling female prisoners at auction. Any clue how to actually do that ?

EDIT3: Failed again to train enough whores to get past Gold Rush. I end up with too many Concubines and Scientists. Does the number of wardens at the prison have any influence ? Or is the the PCs stats only ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Klausus

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Yes I also end up with way to many concubines and no Idea what use they bring yet, I have not managed to get past zone 2 so far. The training uses 3 separate d100 roles to determine success. Love , Fear and Corruption. The outcome is determined by the combination of successful rolls.

no success: girl is sent back to prison
love: concubine
love + corruption: warden
love + fear: scientist
love + corruption + fear: pet
corruption: whore
corruption + fear: slave
fear: random reward, girl is sent back to prison

With the loyalty issue I rarely have another option then Pleasure its calculated like this.

Pleasure
Love: muscle x2 + height + charm x3 + concubines at HQ x2
Corruption: charm x2 + Brothel level
Fear: muscle x3 + height x2

As you can see charm gives an extreme modifier for love as do assigned concubines to the HQ, so it becomes increasingly easier to be successful at loves, which rules out the woman becoming a whore. For that you need the love roll to fail and the corruption roles to succeed.

For the other training options you can check the ? besides the training but here it is.

Torture
Love: muscle + charm
Corruption: muscle + charm + HQ level + gloryhole level + slaves at HQ + slaves at gloryhole + cocaine level + heroine level + LSD level
Fear: muscle x3 + height x2 + charm + prison level x2 + slaves at gloryhole + cocaine level + heroine level + LSD level

Humiliation
Love: muscle + charm + female wardens at prison x2
Corruption: charm x2 + brothel level + gloryhole level + female prison warden x5
Fear: muscle + height x3 + charm x2 + level gloryhole + slaves at HQ

Gangbang
Love: muscle + charm
Corruption: charm x2 + brothel level + female prison warden + male prison warden x5
Fear: muscle + height + level gloryhole + male prison warden

I think the higher punishment options you can activate the more male wardens you have in the prison. Personally I think counting in the numbers of concubines in the HQ is creating a self-reinforcing loop here.

SlothOnMeth

Apr 15, 2021
The training RNG looks awful, even more grind.

Also it of ruins the roleplay of being a big bad slaver that can do exactly what he wants to the prisoners and has complete control over them.

But I have a sinking feeling that the RNG focus and lots of failed attempts for missions is the main draw for the dev and the kind of game this is going to end up as.

RNG can be a great tool but only if it's paired with a sensible difficulty progression.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Thank you all for your constructive criticism.

First: I have received word that the videos will be uploaded today afternoon (greenwich time). He said it's only completed for about 95% since he hadn't any time.

About the game:
I decided to make some changes, most important:
- a complete overhaul of the loyalty, fear and partitally the food system. Until then i will not change anything that is affected by loyalty and fear (including the missions). I have to think it over, but atm i tend to dismiss fear completely and just let prisoners escape (which will rather be based on the number of prisoners in comparison to the prison level and the number of wardens present)
- the first mission will be changed for better, as will be the issue with stamina. Most likely i just will let the player start with 3 stamina or even more.
- i will change the text for options like feast, training and so on, that the prerequisites are easier to catch
- i will add a "tip/hint" area in the mainbar where the most basic and important things will be highlighted randomly.
EDIT: - i will add the option to deny new goons while exploring and from brothel/gloryhole events in general; same for refugees.

I acknowledged the bugs and will remove them (apart from loyalty related issues) with the next update. I will upload a small update with some of the changes, where i add a "temporary fix" for loyalty to make the game a little easier until iam finished with the overhaul of the loyalty mechanics.
It's a good thing i took some leave days from work, because i can concentrate on fixing it in the coming week.

I quoted only a few of you, since the main problem is the lack of information, loyalty, stamina and the boring grind, which i already adressed.

Some suggestions if it's meant to be able to be played fast.
- Allow an option to turn off text transitions (ie the slow fade in.)
Good, idea. I add it on my to do list, but it's low priority atm.
- Add a confirmation button or alternatively highlight content that the player hasn't already seen.
Probably not, since the game apart from the missions is not story driven. But maybe iam misinterpret the meaning of your suggestion.
Other suggestions.
- Add an option to change volume or mute the bells and whistles.
Will add it next update. Iam stressed out by the sounds myself and they are only there as placeholders. However, there is more important stuff atm as sounds, so i just add the volume option.

My last point is the needless complexity of some of the systems. Particularly in the training system. Three different d100 rolls that create a random outcome for the prisoner. I can understand a roll for success/failure but leaving the outcome of a success completely to chance seems excessive and they seem pointless when the chances are almost non-existent for some outcomes any way.
The loyalty mechanics i already mentioned above.
The training mechanic will most likely stay that way, even though the values most likely will be adjusted.
The idea is, that each training has it's purpose, f.e. "pleasure" is meant to have better concubine outcomes, just like "gangbang" is best to train whores. However, there are still chances that the outcome differs, since every person is different.
The main issue is, i think, that other parts of the game are designed poorly. I think with a change of the everything i wrote above, it will be easier to grasp. It is probably in need of improvement, but i think the training mechanic in itself is a good concept. However, when those changes are made and it is still an issue, i will change it of course.

Wouldn't it be better gameplay wise if you would actually build the buildings and not find them?
The camp could start out with a rudimentary holding area so that the first 20 girls that join without having found the prison don't run away literally the next night. Later, that cellar or whatever could be upgraded to eventually reach a fully fledged prison or something.
Basically, every subject that isn't assigned to a specific "work place" just hangs around at your HQ. I didn't specifically outline that, since i left that to the players imagination. Iam guilty in the sense that i didn't add "prisoners" to the female subject overview at the main screen, which makes it a lot more confusing.
I decided against the option to let the player construct buildings for several reasons. Most importantly, each buildings is unique, which means you cannot have 2 prisons in the same area. The storyline leads the player to meet resistance of hostile rivals. Then those buildings will be under enemy control and you have to conquer them, and accordingly the enemy may attack and conquer buildings under the players control.

EDIT2: Objective states that additional coins can be made by selling female prisoners at auction. Any clue how to actually do that ?
The option is under "gold". You need to have a village (port is not implemented yet) and unassigned female subjects of any profession (f.e. whore, slave, scientist). The auctions cost is between 1 and 5 gold (it gets cheaper with HQ level). A higher village (port) level will slightly increase revenue.

EDIT3: Failed again to train enough whores to get past Gold Rush. I end up with too many Concubines and Scientists. Does the number of wardens at the prison have any influence ? Or is the the PCs stats only ?
It depends on the training type. To have whores as outcome, gangbang is the best choice and the more male wardens the better. "Pleasure" is the worst choice for whores, even with maxed charm. Torture and Humiliation are decent, but torture is best for fear (and thus slaves) and needs amongst other things drugs for efficency, while humiliation needs amongst other things female wardens, which are to hard to get the first few missions. In general, whores are easiest to train for the first few missions assuming you have a prison leveled up and as many male wardens as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlavoredEverything

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
But I have a sinking feeling that the RNG focus and lots of failed attempts for missions is the main draw for the dev and the kind of game this is going to end up as.
I assure you, that is not the case. As i mentioned in my last post, iam guilty of giving the player poor info on the game mechanics and you all convinced me that the loyalty mechanic sucks, as the boring grind does.
To take the training of whores as an example, which i explained right after your post, later in the game (let's say level 10, but more likely earlier), the chance can be close to 100% with drugs (heroine in that case). Even at mission 2, the chance is higher than 60% with prison 5 and 12 male wardens.

biohazard1453

Feb 27, 2018
- a complete overhaul of the loyalty, fear and partitally the food system. Until then i will not change anything that is affected by loyalty and fear (including the missions). I have to think it over, but atm i tend to dismiss fear completely and just let prisoners escape (which will rather be based on the number of prisoners in comparison to the prison level and the number of wardens present)
As a suggestion, having the loyalty events be triggered at a threshold instead of randomly and having base loyalty be something that the value will tend towards rather than a floor would be good starts I think.

Also would you consider looking at the xp and level systems as well. Part of this maybe fixed with the more stamina you suggested, but it seems like right now it takes way to long to be able to raise any stat other than stamina. A lot of the systems seem based on building those values up but it will be the 3rd or 4th area before you can feasibly start to increase them.

More of a question of design choice but is the constant resets in the areas intended? The story of the game seems to be about building up a single settlement but mechanically the game plays more like fixing an issue in spot and then moving on.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I think I've finally reached the end of the content, however, it has a bit of a typographical error in it.

You have mobilised more <span class"companies">troops</span> and strengthend our position.

After this there are two options;
A preemptive strike against the outpost.
Pacify the hostile area to strengthen our position.

Either one results in a " Double-click this passage to edit it. "

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
- the first mission will be changed for better, as will be the issue with stamina. Most likely i just will let the player start with 3 stamina or even more.
Or give two points in stamina at the start and change the "pass stage" to grant 1 stamina automatically when you pass a stage and one point per level to spend as the player desires. That way you'll reach the cap on stamina and will only get your 'customization' point to spend. The way it is now I feel that I *HAVE* to spend level up points in a certain way or I won't be able to pass the level tests.

- i will change the text for options like feast, training and so on, that the prerequisites are easier to catch
Thank you. This will encourage people who aren't as stubborn as I am.

EDIT: - i will add the option to deny new goons while exploring and from brothel/gloryhole events in general; same for refugees.
Maybe make it a toggle you can set globally rather than a decision that has to be made each and every time ?
Maybe make it specific as in
Accept new male subjects Y/N ?
Capture new female subjects ? ALL / If prison is not full / None

It's a good thing i took some leave days from work, because i can concentrate on fixing it in the coming week.
I'm currently between jobs so I could stay up WAY too late until I beat certain levels

The idea is, that each training has it's purpose, f.e. "pleasure" is meant to have better concubine outcomes, just like "gangbang" is best to train whores.
What's best to get pets ? I was trying to reach the secondary objective in the last stage (10 guards 5 pets) but didn't get a single one although I had gotten as many as 2 in other stages.

Do concubines and/or slaves at your HQ have any effect ?

[auction] The option is under "gold". You need to have a village (port is not implemented yet) and unassigned female subjects of any profession (f.e. whore, slave, scientist). The auctions cost is between 1 and 5 gold (it gets cheaper with HQ level). A higher village (port) level will slightly increase revenue.
So just change the text to something like "If you have a village or port, you can sell female prisoners at auction by using the option under 'coins'.". I will, of course, have to go back and try that now.

It depends on the training type. To have whores as outcome, gangbang is the best choice and the more male wardens the better. "Pleasure" is the worst choice for whores, even with maxed charm. Torture and Humiliation are decent, but torture is best for fear (and thus slaves) and needs amongst other things drugs for efficency,
I never got more than a dozen or so research points at any stage, and as such never got access to any drugs.

In general, whores are easiest to train for the first few missions assuming you have a prison leveled up and as many male wardens as possible.
I was initially operating under the misconception that additional wardens added capacity (throughput) rather than capability.
Example : I thought if one worker can make 5 widgets per hour, then two workers can make 10 widgets, whereas the game is more like two workers can make IMPROVED widgets and three can make SUPER widgets and six can make ULTRA widgets.

When I fail a stage or bump into the end, I'd like to keep a little more of my progress when I'm returned to the beginning. Yes, you get a bump after your first failure, but you don't seem to get one for subsequent failures.

When I restart from the current end of content, the game made me put all my points into the first thing I clicked on, although that may just be operator error.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Klausus thank you for the work you do.

I understand that pleasure is the worst option to create whores, but my problem was that I never could keep a warden more then 2 weeks (and 2 weeks was already rare) and they are extremely expensive to replace, so I see the torture options once in the game and then never again basically.

I agree that the Loyalty system needs to be replace and I personally like the Idea that you have a number the loyalty tends to automatically (e.g. 50) and Events and your work actually can push it further up or below.

HowlinMadMurph

Dec 19, 2018
Klausus thank you for the work you do.

I understand that pleasure is the worst option to create whores, but my problem was that I never could keep a warden more then 2 weeks (and 2 weeks was already rare) and they are extremely expensive to replace, so I see the torture options once in the game and then never again basically.

I agree that the Loyalty system needs to be replace and I personally like the Idea that you have a number the loyalty tends to automatically (e.g. 50) and Events and your work actually can push it further up or below.
I'm in the same boat: nothing but concubines, negative gold, and zero loyalty so everyone leaves every week.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
If you can get a village, you can auction off those concubines for cash, *IF* you can manage have the single coin needed.
If you can get 20 subjects and enough food and cash to throw a feast, do that.
It might be best to attempt to get some of the achievements, such as Infamous or Defiler, so that you start with more than 50 loyalty or fear.

QUESTION: What is the requirement for the achievement "Leader" ?
Raise the minimum loyalty of your subjects.
How is this done ?

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Hi, i wanted to give a short statement how things are going. I worked on the game the whole time since and i have changed a great amount of what is most pressuring.

Most important, i implemented some new stuff to deal with loyalty.
I added governments and a focus, each with 4 options. The governments basically increase loyalty each week and add different loyalty caps and some other advantages/disadvantages. I also added the option to not hire males/females. Now when you hire goons, loyalty will decrease, but since you don't have to, it's not an issue anymore.
There is one focus that gives 2 additional stamina each round, and also a government form that can give 1 stamina.

Most of that is finished, but i worked since early in the morning and i don't think i manage to complete it today. I think tomorrow i update the game, even though i haven't laid a hand on missions, food and the escape mechanics. But i think it will be more playable than before.

As a suggestion, having the loyalty events be triggered at a threshold instead of randomly and having base loyalty be something that the value will tend towards rather than a floor would be good starts I think.

Also would you consider looking at the xp and level systems as well. Part of this maybe fixed with the more stamina you suggested, but it seems like right now it takes way to long to be able to raise any stat other than stamina. A lot of the systems seem based on building those values up but it will be the 3rd or 4th area before you can feasibly start to increase them.

More of a question of design choice but is the constant resets in the areas intended? The story of the game seems to be about building up a single settlement but mechanically the game plays more like fixing an issue in spot and then moving on.
There will be caps now for loyalty, at the moment ranging from 70 to 100, depending on government. There is also a focus that gives +10 on loyalty.
The level system will be changed, but probably not the amount you get "naturally". The thing is, when your settlement is build up somwhat, there will fire a lot of events that increase the chance for xp. I also wanted to add more "goals" within the missions to get xp.
The constant resets are intended. The idea is, that you "conquer/settle" one area and expand. You will be rewarded with stuff that you take with you to the next area, like fold income, starting goons, whores and so on. Research is fixed anyway, which means you always keep your research. The same will be with governments. You can change them periodically and they have requirements, but when you have a government form, it will stay in the next area, even if you wouldn't met the requirements.

Or give two points in stamina at the start and change the "pass stage" to grant 1 stamina automatically when you pass a stage and one point per level to spend as the player desires. That way you'll reach the cap on stamina and will only get your 'customization' point to spend. The way it is now I feel that I *HAVE* to spend level up points in a certain way or I won't be able to pass the level tests.
I feel with the government forms and the foci it will be better. I feel it's still not perfect, ut tomorrow you may see for yourself.

Maybe make it a toggle you can set globally rather than a decision that has to be made each and every time ?
Maybe make it specific as in
Accept new male subjects Y/N ?
Capture new female subjects ? ALL / If prison is not full / None
I just have a yes/no toggle for male/female, but it is relatively comfortable, since it is right next to the "explore" button.
EDIT: In this game it doesn't matter if prisoners die. The only disadvantage is that prisoners eat food. When they die, they don't eat. I also updated the auction that prisoners can be sold too.

What's best to get pets ? I was trying to reach the secondary objective in the last stage (10 guards 5 pets) but didn't get a single one although I had gotten as many as 2 in other stages.
Do concubines and/or slaves at your HQ have any effect ?
Depends on your settlement, but torture and humiliation can be good. There is also a small chance due to the prison events and the capture event from the company on patrol duty.
But to be honest, it's probably too hard. It's just like that, because i switched pets from barracks to watchtower and it was whores before.
EDIT: I had to change it since it makes more sense to have whores at the barracks. Also pets will have a use in combat later on, but that is low priority,

I never got more than a dozen or so research points at any stage, and as such never got access to any drugs.
Scientists do research by themselves, when you have femal scientists, there are also events at turn end. You can also help with research in the lab, but you need at least 1 female scientist.

When I fail a stage or bump into the end, I'd like to keep a little more of my progress when I'm returned to the beginning. Yes, you get a bump after your first failure, but you don't seem to get one for subsequent failures.
I have to rework achievements and mission rewards anyway. I think i will make the mission rewards more generous as they were.

When I restart from the current end of content, the game made me put all my points into the first thing I clicked on, although that may just be operator error.
I never had that. When it happens regularly i look into it.

Klausus
I usually saved up and even let goons flee before i startet to build up. A few goons in the village is a nice start when it's upgraded a little, since it helps with materials. When there are a few whore, there are events that give more materials or even a whore or a slave occasionly.
When you are short, just upgrade the prison and add all wardens at once, best when you still have all stamina. THen you can use gangbang to increase loyalty.
But that strategy will be more or less obsolete soon.

Klausus
[/QUOTE]
Yes, this post and some similiar post from others gave me the idea with the governments you can install. For example, the one easiest to install is anarchy, where you get 5 loyalty a turn, but it's capped at 70 loyalty.

I do hope there will eventually be a sandbox option.
I don't think that would be too hard. But i want to untangle the mess and then implement the other "basics" still missing, most importantly combat.

QUESTION: What is the requirement for the achievement "Leader" ?
Raise the minimum loyalty of your subjects.
How is this done ?
You need to hit a hidden value, which is a base loyalty of 70. I will change that, since base loyaltyisn't very usefull as it is. However, if you want to achieve it, you basically have to get a thriving settlement, meaning a lot brothel whores, gloryhole slaves. To do that, you will need a fully staffed prison (more or less) full farm and so on. It's not easy. But when you have some achievements, it's doable.

Someone has tried the video pack? How do you like the "click to continue" aspect of the game, and the fact that many events unfold at the end of the turn?

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes