Mork_kai

Mar 24, 2022
He's redesigning the UI rather than doing anything actually worthwhile.
Whilst it does need a redesign, I do agree that it's a silly thing to focus on at this stage in development. Surely there are more important things at hand.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
There are definitely better things to iron out or add, but an ugly or clunky UI can keep people from wanting to play any of the actual content regardless of the state it's in. Either he thinks it's an easy or worthwhile fix, or it's busywork to distract from more painful dev work behind the curtains.
I just hope it looks decent when he's done.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
There are definitely better things to iron out or add, but an ugly or clunky UI can keep people from wanting to play any of the actual content regardless of the state it's in. Either he thinks it's an easy or worthwhile fix, or it's busywork to distract from more painful dev work behind the curtains.
I just hope it looks decent when he's done.
With how he's known to flip the bird at players, I wouldn't put it past him to make it even worse.

gavinhooder

May 7, 2018
Does anybody know if there is a way to increase the max number of wild nephelyms that can spawn in the wild?

Last edited:

pldnzxa

Jan 25, 2023
Breeders of the Nephelym (BOTN) Incest Patcher

THE PATCHER IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE

You can easily enable incest in the game as shown below:

OVERVIEW:
A file named imma.degenerate needs to be in the same folder as OBF.exe.​
  • It does not need to contain anything.
  • It must be the same folder as OBF.exe.
  • The filename is imma and the extension is degenerate.
It doesn't matter what creates the file, it should work as long as the filename/extension is correct.

METHOD 1:
In the folder where OBF.exe is located, create a file called imma.degenerate (be sure to enable show file extensions if you're using Windows explorer). The file does not need to contain anything.​
METHOD 2:
Command Prompt:
In the folder where OBF.exe is located, type echo. > imma.degenerate and you'll be all set.​
Command Prompt (PowerShell) :
In the folder where OBF.exe is located, type New-Item -Path . -Name "imma.degenerate" -ItemType "file" and you'll be all set.​
I'm not sure how long this will work and I think it would be best for all of us to not mention it on Patreon (or DH's Discord) especially.​
This works with the Steam version as well but if your Steam library is in Program Files, you'll need administrative rights to create the file on Windows 10. Please follow the Steam instructions below if you need help.​
STEAM:
For Steam, this gets a bit more complex because of the higher security present in Program Files.​
  • Open a "Command Prompt" or "Command Prompt (Powershell)", you'll need to run either as Administrator. (NOTE: Windows Terminal generally won't let you start an Administrator session).
  • Depending on your settings, you'll may get a elevation prompt. Accept it to continue.
  • The following step assumes the default location for the game folder. If your Steam library is installed somewhere else you'll need to use the correct path: pushd "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha" (Powershell: cd "$Env:SystemDrive\Program Files (x86))\Steam\steamapps\common\Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha")
  • Now you just need to create the file: echo. > imma.degenerate (Powershell: New-Item -Path . -Name "imma.degenerate" -ItemType "file")
  • Close the command window/powershell: exit
The patcher will eventually return with support for this for a few reasons:​
  • There's no telling how long this will work and we may be back to patching soon.
  • If people use a patcher for something so simple it may help hide this from Patreon from that much longer.
  • Some users may just find it it easier. Obviously if it's using the file method, it will not actually be doing any patching at all. Just creating (or removing) a file as directed.
  • The patcher is, unfortunately, not my highest priority at the moment.
Would it be possible to see what this looks like? screen shots would be great plz.

Box_Dweller

May 8, 2021
Holy shit. This guy is making at least $12,034 a month (absolute minimum) to put out empty updates once every half a year, and he's been pulling this successfully for multiple years. I don't know if that's impressive or aggravating... He could straight up pay someone to program, animate, or design more than he does within those months and still come out with a good living wage.

144,408 a year minus a decent freelance worker's pay ($60k) and he is still making $84,408. That's without doing anything himself and having someone constantly employed. And that is also assuming all patrons and subs are 1st tier at $2 a month, which they surely aren't. Six figures for fucking what?

Can we acknowledge the absolute buffoons who continue paying anyway? Onlyfans is a better investment, you cucks.

Aug 22, 2021
Holy shit. This guy is making at least $12,034 a month (absolute minimum) to put out empty updates once every half a year, and he's been pulling this successfully for multiple years. I don't know if that's impressive or aggravating... He could straight up pay someone to program, animate, or design more than he does within those months and still come out with a good living wage.

144,408 a year minus a decent freelance worker's pay ($60k) and he is still making $84,408. That's without doing anything himself and having someone constantly employed. And that is also assuming all patrons and subs are 1st tier at $2 a month, which they surely aren't. Six figures for fucking what?

Can we acknowledge the absolute buffoons who continue paying anyway? Onlyfans is a better investment, you cucks.
Yes, it is absurd how much many he is making for how little apparent progress is displayed. He is not good at communicating outside of his patreon, so we only find out what has been done every 4 months or so.

To be fair though, this project in its current state is still immensely more playable and done than most of the classic scam breeding simulator games (looking directly at you cloud meadow). The game has basically all of its assets in at this point, so apart from balancing and finally deciding on a progression order for the world, it is basically done. With that in mind (and the fact that he did most of the labor up front before getting a patreon ready front), you can consider at least some of this as backpay for a normal video game dev cycle.

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Guys, quick question for a beginner; and I apologize beforehand if I'm missing something obvious, but successful breeding seems to be extremely rare for me.

I'm at my first starting hours so I can only catch Foxens and Vulwargs. And from my first 100 attempts at breeding only 5 have resulted in a pregnancy. The wiki says the chance for a successful breeding "is a % chance equaling the sum of the breeding partners' Fertility Stat." And " the maximum chance of success is 80%".
For me this % has never been below 60% and around 75% or more most of the time. If the wiki is to be trusted ... this is a far cry from ~20% I'm getting.

Am I missing something here, or is it supposed to be this way?

Aug 22, 2021
Guys, quick question for a beginner; and I apologize beforehand if I'm missing something obvious, but successful breeding seems to be extremely rare for me.

I'm at my first starting hours so I can only catch Foxens and Vulwargs. And from my first 100 attempts at breeding only 5 have resulted in a pregnancy. The wiki says the chance for a successful breeding "is a % chance equaling the sum of the breeding partners' Fertility Stat." And " the maximum chance of success is 80%".
For me this % has never been below 60% and around 75% or more most of the time. If the wiki is to be trusted ... this is a far cry from ~20% I'm getting.

Am I missing something here, or is it supposed to be this way?
Remember that if you just started out, both the Nephelym you catch and your PC will have a very low fertility stat (~80-120). As you level up yourself, the Nephelym, and their world level, that number will get much larger (mine are around 780 right now). Even with this, the odds are around 50% on average.

I would suggest prioritizing building the player and world level for the Foxen and Vulwargs. That will help jump start your stats and make later stuff a lot easier.

Reactions: Dr. Lewdwig

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Remember that if you just started out, both the Nephelym you catch and your PC will have a very low fertility stat (~80-120). As you level up yourself, the Nephelym, and their world level, that number will get much larger (mine are around 780 right now). Even with this, the odds are around 50% on average.

I would suggest prioritizing building the player and world level for the Foxen and Vulwargs. That will help jump start your stats and make later stuff a lot easier.
Thanks friend. Much appreciate the response.
That explains a lot. What confused me was this bit from the wiki (as I mentioned before) which I assume is outdated, or I'm reading it wrong:

BoN.jpg

The beginning experience of this game has been quite peculiar :HideThePain: You are thrown into the world and encouraged to experiment, which is excellent on its own. And then I see on the mission board that I need to breed specific pokém ... I mean nephelyms before certain dates; which means I am on the clock.
This is also good game design. The game is giving me a direction to pursue.
So I go to the Lustwood and catch as many of them as I can and get to work ... only to realize for some reason I can't breed any of them at all and I am always faced with "No offspring this time".
This genuinely lead me to believe there's something wrong with my game, or I'm missing something obvious. That's when I decided to consult the wiki which, as you can see above, only added to my confusion.

Regardless, as you kindly explained, as I persevered past this confusion by continuing random breeding attempts that kept leveling the nephelyms, I did manage to achieve a successful pregnancy :LUL:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
And then I see on the mission board that I need to breed specific pokém ... I mean nephelyms before certain dates; which means I am on the clock.
The Quest board is largely useless.
It has wanted Nephs that you have no chance of finding - in my latest playthrough it wanted a Futa Demon with Buxom. In three days. At the start of the game.
Also a Jabberwock.
I wouldn't count the Quest board as a guide of progression because many times it will want Hybrids. Which never appear in the wild.

The pregancy chance was severely nerfed but that's because DH loves flipping the bird at players, pirates and potential patrons all at the same time. It can be mitigated with the Fertility trait (which has three ranks, also increases offspring birth speed).
You can also save edit the trait onto your Breeder if it gets too frustrating...

Also, the move to UE5 has been going on for months now. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a marketing scam.
UE5 is powerful and has a load of extra features, that's true but not everybody's system has the possibility of running it.
The listed requriements that I can find are:

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD 2.5 GHz or faster
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Graphics Card: RTX 3070
As you can see, they're not ridiculous. But the GPU requirements are. While not too pricey right now (buying direct is £470ish - a sharp drop in price during the "Chip Shortage"), I consider it a mite silly to REQUIRE a Ray-Tracing capable GPU.
There's a very real chance that when the move is complete, it won't run on many systems which might just start the inevitable decline in supporters.

Last edited:

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
The pregnancy chance was severely nerfed but that's because DH loves flipping the bird at players, pirates and potential patrons all at the same time. It can be mitigated with the Fertility trait (which has three ranks, also increases offspring birth speed).
You can also save edit the trait onto your Breeder if it gets too frustrating...
Thanks friend, that basically answers my question. The good old bird-flip. Must've been a relatively recent change too.

The Quest board is largely useless.
It has wanted Nephs that you have no chance of finding - in my latest playthrough it wanted a Futa Demon with Buxom. In three days. At the start of the game.
Also a Jabberwock.
I wouldn't count the Quest board as a guide of progression because many times it will want Hybrids. Which never appear in the wild.
That's a shame. Could've been an obvious choice for an early progression bookmark. But to be fair that's what being a WIP means. And the dev clearly has more pressing matters to attend to ... like making sure RTX 3070s can run the upcoming version :WeSmart:

To be honest, I think someone with enough modding experience can fix most of the early to mid-game problems easily, clear up the gunk and provide a fleshed out fun experience which is shorter but sweeter. But then again, why would they? :HideThePain:

Edit: As a post below indicates, the move to UE5 has been a no go, which renders my 3070 snark pointless, thankfully.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 105 Votes