souldray

Jun 5, 2020
Heh old ass 1060 3gb working pretty good with this game...even with the processor about 2011 year's old....So much feature in new hardware that slower it down)

Aug 22, 2021
He's working on it, it's being updated for UE5 and also a major UI overhaul.
I am pretty sure he decided not to upgrade to UE5 because it was too much of a hastle to port everything. There is a specific patreon post about this (see from June of last year).

As everyone else remarked, the game already looks great and doesn't need an engine change. It just needs its main gameplay loop finalized. Dev could then keep the patreon up for updates adding more monster variants and such.

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
I am pretty sure he decided not to upgrade to UE5 because it was too much of a hastle to port everything. There is a specific patreon post about this (see from June of last year).

As everyone else remarked, the game already looks great and doesn't need an engine change. It just needs its main gameplay loop finalized. Dev could then keep the patreon up for updates adding more monster variants and such.
I may be misremembering that then (I also back too many of these things)... I know he's definitely working on the UI overhaul.

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
I may be misremembering that then (I also back too many of these things)... I know he's definitely working on the UI overhaul.
I find it peculiar that he wants to work on the UI now while he's having mental health issues when in the past he both stated that UI coding was "the most tedious unrewarding task I've encountered so far" and that he wanted to wait until the game was almost complete before working on it. He also stated that he would like to work on the UI on or after 0.800 so I wonder if this update will bump it up to 0.800.

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
I find it peculiar that he wants to work on the UI now while he's having mental health issues when in the past he both stated that UI coding was "the most tedious unrewarding task I've encountered so far" and that he wanted to wait until the game was almost complete before working on it. He also stated that he would like to work on the UI on or after 0.800 so I wonder if this update will bump it up to 0.800.
If it was my own code it might be he's at a point where things needed added to the UI and there's the dilemma of adding something new to the system you're going to replace anyway (or might need a rewrite to make it easier to add new things to)...

Reactions: Dr. Lewdwig
Aug 22, 2021
Just fyi, the trick for updating your save file to newer versions using saveditonline wont work if you have any substantial progress on that save as it gets too big.

I spent some time looking for it in a hex editor to do it myself but had no luck.

Seems the better way is to start a new save and cheat yourself to the top.

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
I usually start a new save each time - I want to be able to ensure I'm reporting new bugs not stuff introduced from some weird variable weirdness.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Just fyi, the trick for updating your save file to newer versions using saveditonline wont work if you have any substantial progress on that save as it gets too big.

I spent some time looking for it in a hex editor to do it myself but had no luck.

Seems the better way is to start a new save and cheat yourself to the top.
The problem with that is that the dev insists in fuck around with the game versions every 4-5 updates forcing you to restart all over again while the new versions demand even more grind and it gets to a point that the game asks you so many hours of grind that it gets extremely tedious when you do the exact same process mandatorily even with cheats all over and over again, cause cheats might ease the grind but not removing it to the point of only having to deal with the "actual" new content.

Being quite honest if the save edit trick doesnt work anymore Ill rather stop playing until the dev fixes his shit than keep grinding for hours AGAIN just to have them being wasted on the next update. And no, I dont want to hoard game versions for the sake of "keep playing". Cause this is the only game that I have played in which save files made on older game versions dont work on new game versions yet for some fucked up logic the opposite is true.

Reactions: TheOtherDragonborn
Aug 22, 2021
The problem with that is that the dev insists in fuck around with the game versions every 4-5 updates forcing you to restart all over again while the new versions demand even more grind and it gets to a point that the game asks you so many hours of grind that it gets extremely tedious when you do the exact same process mandatorily even with cheats all over and over again, cause cheats might ease the grind but not removing it to the point of only having to deal with the "actual" new content.

Being quite honest if the save edit trick doesnt work anymore Ill rather stop playing until the dev fixes his shit than keep grinding for hours AGAIN just to have them being wasted on the next update. And no, I dont want to hoard game versions for the sake of "keep playing". Cause this is the only game that I have played in which save files made on older game versions dont work on new game versions yet for some fucked up logic the opposite is true.
Just to be clear, the save edit trick might well work if you know how to edit the saves outside of saveditonline.

That being said, this is my single greatest gripe with the dev. I could understand if he did this infrequently during major version changes, but instead he does it nearly every other update.

Honestly, I would prefer it if he just disabled the save compatibility check entirely and instead put a warning to backup your save in case the new version borks it.

Reactions: RubyZeronyka

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Just to be clear, the save edit trick might well work if you know how to edit the saves outside of saveditonline.

That being said, this is my single greatest gripe with the dev. I could understand if he did this infrequently during major version changes, but instead he does it nearly every other update.

Honestly, I would prefer it if he just disabled the save compatibility check entirely and instead put a warning to backup your save in case the new version borks it.
Exactly. Because it's specially annoying how the saves are reversely backwards compatible. In the sense of: A save made in version 0.1 wont load on version 0.2. However a version made in version 0.2, EVEN WITH new stuff introduced on the new version, DOES load on 0.1. Which to me makes no fuking sense. How a save made on a newer game version with effectively more and new content can load on an older game version that lacks said new content, yet a save made in an older version is totally incompatible with new game versions. And that it has been like this since day 1.

Reactions: gvnuupjwbvrewtxigy

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
Is he even alive? :rolleyes:
I've just checked his page on Patreon and noticed a significant drop in the number of his subscribers.
There're no updates since November. No new messages from him either.
I wonder why...

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
I've just checked his page on Patreon and noticed a significant drop in the number of his subscribers.
I wonder why...
Technically? Yeah, and he seems to be somewhat active on Discord

Actually? Not really. Probably playing Elden Ring or one of those soulslike titles that he seems to be a fan of. No wonder the game is so grindy lol

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
I wonder why...
He is slightly more active on discord (less so lately) but even before he openly admitted to his mental issues the updates were slowing down. Optimistically, my take is that he's adding a lot to the UI backend to make it more friendly for future development as, up until now, the ui has been kept simple purposefully so he could develop it further later on. That, in combination with his mental issues and the fact that he doesn't particularly like UI coding probably makes for slow progress. He's definitely become a dev where I would say it is best to check up on yearly (at least) with humble expectations.

Drages

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
The final update was a little one and 4 months ago. He does not have anywhere he talks and he just maybe talks at discord once per month.
The game is probably dead as the dev slowed it down so badly and he continuously milking mindless backers right now.
When you say this, you get harassments from his mods at discord and get banned..

Drages

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
He's working on it, it's being updated for UE5 and also a major UI overhaul.
No dreamer.. He gave up that stupid UE5 attempt months ago and that "major UI overhaul" which will be probably only few filters took already 4 months and counting..

Reactions: Karack

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I stopped giving the guy any belief when he made Lovense plugins for the game. That was a huge and expensive waste of time.
Then the infinite main menu bgm loop. It annoyed me to the point where I just turned off the music.
I still boot it up (however rarely) these days. How long were people telling him that the UI needs some work?
The guy doesn't even listen to his backers and it seems a lot of them finally realised that they were talking to a brick wall.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 105 Votes