DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
I do not know what the problem is with the people who complain about the "broken" link. I just downloaded the game from the link taken from Patreon. I unpacked it using Win.RAR v6.00 and 7.Zip v19.00, and in either case the archive is working and the game starts without problems. Just in case, I will give links to the game and archivers:

View attachment 1070468

P.S. And for the "broken" files, I think, you need to say thanks to your browsers and Google in particular. He is very curious, and sticks his nose where necessary and where not. Until recently, Google did not know how to check ".rar". Apparently he is studying ...

WinRar6.00 has the same corrupt files and fatal errors. If you have any incompatibility that means the majority of users can't use it...

Last edited:

STet

Apr 17, 2020
WinRar6.00 has the same corrupt files and fatal errors. If you have any incompatibility that means the majority of users can't use it...
First, check the checksum of the downloaded file (from Patreon), I specially posted it in the post above. If it matches yours - the problem is in the file, if not - the problem is in the download process.

DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
File was downloaded from the Patreon, 6.00 from RarLabs...twice. First pull of WinRar had bad CRCs.
Still has bad checksum errors, and a fatal error when unpacked & run.

There is a fail in the 7.514 version that you claim to be resolvable, but following your steps still is not working.

I've used WinRAR for years, been a stable & nearly-bulletproof super-utility.

Last edited:

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
File was downloaded from the Patreon, 6.00 from RarLabs...twice. First pull of WinRar had bad CRCs.
Still has bad checksum errors, and a fatal error when unpacked & run.

There is a fail in the 7.514 version that you claim to be resolvable, but following your steps still is not working.

I've used WinRAR for years, been a stable & nearly-bulletproof super-utility.
I think there is something going on, because i've unpacked all the .75XX archives and they've been good. However I've only gotten it from this site here. I use the nopy links here and unpacking it is working.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
I think there is something going on, because i've unpacked all the .75XX archives and they've been good. However I've only gotten it from this site here. I use the nopy links here and unpacking it is working.
As I wrote above, I checked the file downloaded from Patreon and posted the CRC for it. Apparently for many, file corruption occurs when booting from Mega. I would love to upload files to Nopy, but I do not have an account, and now you can only get it with the help of an invite.

DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
0.7.5.11 or 0.7.5.14? 5.14 from Nopy came down corrupted.

I might've had something going on called the MS Text Input App that autoloads despite Tablet Mode being turned completely off. Wouldn't be surprised if hand-disabling that invasive little twerp did very bad things to Win10's stability.

Pulling "07514a" which shows a version of 0.751.4 at the bottom of the black load screen from the Patreon via Google seems to come out clean. 3.95GB can take a while to pull in over DSL.

tydentyr

Jan 15, 2020
To try and demystify this issue. I've downloaded 0.7.514 from mega.nz link from public post on patreon. Unpacked without issue with WinRAR 5.80.

File is called "BOTN_Public_07514A_Windows_x64_DX11.zip", this zip file has these checksum values.

CRC - D5D49608
MD5 - 31dbbbc4c423a0f83ff7858a019895c0
SHA1 - 3cd53f28804eac0a2916f92d254370806124d278

If you try to calculate checksum on zip file you downloaded, and have issues with, and it doesn't correspond with any of these that means your file is different. It either got damaged during download for some reason, or damaged file was initially uploaded to file shares. I didn't download it immediately when it was released. I downloaded it 3-4 days after it was released so there was plenty of time for DH to replace link with fixed one if damaged zip was uploaded initially.

If you don't have special tools for calculating these values I guess it's easiest to get MD5, you can do it without any special tools in command prompt of Windows 7/10 with CertUtil tool.
Go to folder where your downloaded zip is, open command window (or PowerShell) there and type/copy/paste this command

Code:
CertUtil -hashfile BOTN_Public_07514A_Windows_x64_DX11.zip MD5
followed with enter key of course. This will output something like this

Code:
CertUtil -hashfile BOTN_Public_07514A_Windows_x64_DX11.zip MD5
MD5 hash of BOTN_Public_07514A_Windows_x64_DX11.zip:
31dbbbc4c423a0f83ff7858a019895c0
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
Here we can see that MD5 hash of my file is " 31dbbbc4c423a0f83ff7858a019895c0 ".
It can also do SHA1, among other types of hashes, if you replace MD5 at the end of command with SHA1 (or skip it entirely as it defaults to SHA1 hash).

tydentyr

Jan 15, 2020
I should have checked patreon thread first... mystery solved, first versions that were uploaded were corrupted, DH fixed them after people reported problems.

2021-03-06_202449.png

Link in first post was never updated, I see that it points to different mega.nz link, if you download 0.7.514 from this thread you get corrupted archive, if you download from patreon it will work fine.

yonsisac

Oct 31, 2019
I suggest download from the patreon page while the ones here are replaced. Atleast its a public build so nothing lost, like if it was a patreon exclusive or such.

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
A little help here, guys: How do I get the flowers to the queen bee? There is no special quest on the board even after I talked to her over and over, and none of the NPCs got anything for me to advance.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
A little help here, guys: How do I get the flowers to the queen bee? There is no special quest on the board even after I talked to her over and over, and none of the NPCs got anything for me to advance.
Speak to Autumn after Queen Bee gives you the Hivelands quest. She needs 1000 ml "Dragon semen", this quest will appear on the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinky Shop

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
the archive requires a password:)
more than likely one of two things has happened 1) you downloaded it from someone that altered it and put a password on it, or more likely 2) you do not have the full archive as this is sometimes something that can happen if you are getting it in multiple parts and then later unpacking those multiple parts at the same time.

NDups

Mar 2, 2021
more than likely one of two things has happened 1) you downloaded it from someone that altered it and put a password on it, or more likely 2) you do not have the full archive as this is sometimes something that can happen if you are getting it in multiple parts and then later unpacking those multiple parts at the same time.
I downloaded all versions from the links provided, they all require a password
on other sites and Steam, and other games do not require it.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I downloaded all versions from the links provided, they all require a password
on other sites and Steam, and other games do not require it.
I don't know what to tell you, but I have never had this problem what so ever unless something happened as I described.

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Speak to Autumn after Queen Bee gives you the Hivelands quest. She needs 1000 ml "Dragon semen", this quest will appear on the board.
I think my game is glitched then, because the queen never gives me the quest, despite the talking about the flowers back in the day.

3.90 star(s) 106 Votes