3.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Strange, I get that I have 0.3.2 and supposedly we are in version 0.1.5
Not strange. You're using an old version that runs on Ren'Py. We make this game in Unity now, so we restarted the numbers as well to help reflect that.

master_x_2k

Jan 16, 2018
Moving to Unity was a brilliant move, the game already feels a lot better from all the little animations you can make without drawing every frame. I think one missing feature from BS that could add a lot to the game is milking, even if they get no animations, it's a steady source of income between fullfiling requests and it as interesting to get different effects from different races. Also a way to increase the MC's stats so he's not useless for breeding later, it could be done through simple quests like breeding a specific monster for a potion that improves a stat as a reward, or give extra stamina as an achievement from breeding a particular amount of monsters.

Staflen

Sep 20, 2017
So, I'm actually going to ask something embarrassing, but it will greatly help me as a developer: how do I cheat/play better at this game? :ROFLMAO: I want to know how best to go about it from people who have played through the current content, and how to just cheat the hell out of it as well. It'll allow me to go through it at least once and get an idea where things need to better optimized in the script, GUI, font, backgrounds, etc. I tried doing this on my own, but I actually couldn't make enough money for the first month and failed without saving Lol. So, any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
I believe the only way to cheat right now is to use Cheat Engine. At the very least it will allow you to alter your money. As for playing better, I recommend you try to find a monster (preferably a catgirl since they are in high demand at the start) with the Cute genetic trait and breed the hell out of it. The cute trait doubles the XP they gain from breeding, which makes it MUCH easier to level them up when paired with Cece or the Breeder. Oh, and save often. :LOL:
I remember that in the Renpy version you were able to work in the bar every night to make some extra money. Unfortunately it seems like this was removed in the Unity version, since now you are only able to work there once. Maybe you can make it so you can work every night again? It should make the first month a lot easier if you have an additional way to make money.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I believe the only way to cheat right now is to use Cheat Engine. At the very least it will allow you to alter your money. As for playing better, I recommend you try to find a monster (preferably a catgirl since they are in high demand at the start) with the Cute genetic trait and breed the hell out of it. The cute trait doubles the XP they gain from breeding, which makes it MUCH easier to level them up when paired with Cece or the Breeder. Oh, and save often. :LOL:
I remember that in the Renpy version you were able to work in the bar every night to make some extra money. Unfortunately it seems like this was removed in the Unity version, since now you are only able to work there once. Maybe you can make it so you can work every night again? It should make the first month a lot easier if you have an additional way to make money.
So, for everyone's knowledge, this next version of BF is coming with a Game Editor button next to the Settings button. Some cool new features being implemented, but because of this new feature, I officially know how to cheat and get through the game "properly". Can't wait for you all to see it! Soon™

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
How to cheat money in cheat engine? I searched scan type - exact value and value type-all, and nothing.

1v0

Nov 21, 2018
New version ?

As this is the best breeding game so far ... There is "Breeders Of The Nephelym" but all of the girls are the same - same bodies , all of them look the same to me just with small diferences, so I don't like it ...

Any feedback I can give for 0.1.5 version is -
1. I want more variations of the monsters(hair,color hairs,skin color,additional features maybe) and more monsters ofcourse .
2. I want more to do on the farm - (something like building or get your own farm, more managment)
3. I really like the art !
4.I really like the characters too.

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
I've been reading through a lot of the past comments I've missed over the past few months. Really appreciate the good feedback and the supportive ideas you've all been providing. Very beneficial to our team's morale and pushes us to try more stuff out.

...but can I be honest with you guys? I've never played this game all the way through. Amity Park was always definitely the major thing that drew me to work with GZone, and to help make Team Bieno what it's already become in a modest amount of time. Now, I was glad to hear GZone wanted to create another game other than a Danny Phantom parody, because as much as I loved working on it, it was bogging us down creatively to only focus on ONE specific IP/game. It was more work for us to do LESS work, if that makes sense.

But, I always had Amity Park in my head as the "moneymaker" game and something I wanted to expand upon even greater than when GZone first started on his own (As an aside, I think you guys will be really happy to see what we're doing with that game in the next update as well, for those who are a fan of AP. Even more so in the anticipated "Redux Update".) And so I've never really gotten too far into reworking/replaying the game to help improve it, especially since we switched to Unity. And I don't think that's right to you guys as fans, or to my team! So, I feel it's only fair that I need to start giving back to BF even more, outside of just proofreading the scripts.

So, I'm actually going to ask something embarrassing, but it will greatly help me as a developer: how do I cheat/play better at this game? :ROFLMAO: I want to know how best to go about it from people who have played through the current content, and how to just cheat the hell out of it as well. It'll allow me to go through it at least once and get an idea where things need to better optimized in the script, GUI, font, backgrounds, etc. I tried doing this on my own, but I actually couldn't make enough money for the first month and failed without saving Lol. So, any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

New update coming soon,

-Morah :cool:(y)
Actually, the current structure of your save files prevents cheating in a typical fashion. None of the usual save editors, nor saveeditonline.com can process the game's save files. Your best bet might be to add in codes that the player can use to cheat through an in game menu.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Actually, the current structure of your save files prevents cheating in a typical fashion. None of the usual save editors, nor saveeditonline.com can process the game's save files. Your best bet might be to add in codes that the player can use to cheat through an in game menu.
Literally, half an hour after I wrote that, GZone told me to collab my files so they'd be up to date. There's now an easy to use Game Editor button. Just put in the cheat code lines if you know them, and it works super easy.

Reactions: PoyntFury

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Literally, half an hour after I wrote that, GZone told me to collab my files so they'd be up to date. There's now an easy to use Game Editor button. Just put in the cheat code lines if you know them, and it works super easy.
i can promise you that breeding farm is the real moneymaker, as good as Amity Park is it dwarfs in comparison to the demand of a breeding game. not including this game you dont have a lot of options when it comes to breeding games, most are either still early stages or being milked(cloud meadow).

i think if team focuses on this game more i'll even support it.

Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
Looking good! I hope the focus stays on the breeding aspect.

I read a couple of reviews, one suggested there needs to be a female mc. I think this is absoluty unnecassary.
Breeding Monster Grils through an mc is way more fun. If you add other playable characters, the game only gets bigger in width and updates take longer ...

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"Derp Farming" as it was called among players of Breeding Season is an entirely viable strategy in Breeding Farm without any apparent drawbacks besides cosmetic convergence of offspring to a single color. This lack of constraint or consequence for employing that strategy reduces the strategic complexity of breeding a monster with target stats and traits to a linear sequence of recursive ladder breeding between parents and offspring with little crossover except to breed a new target trait into the lineage.

Something that Breeding Season never implemented and should have is recessive vs dominant traits. Also, the patterns of inheritance are very very simple in Breeding Season, Breeding Farm, and Breeders of the Nephelym. This is a place that Breeding Farm could stand out.

At the moment, there are several problematic aspects to the simplified breeding model of Breeding Farm. Notably the patterns of species inheritance between parental pairs. If the player avatar breeds with a monster that is fertile then the resulting offspring will always be the same sex and same species as the monster. If you breed two different monsters of different species and different sex then you always get carbon copies of the parents; a female elf + a male wolfman will produce either female elves or male wolfmen as offspring but never male elves or wolfgirls.

In human biology, there is several distinct forms of inheritance. Most people are familiar at least some what with autosomal patterns of inheritance; this is the common form taught in grade school biology where you get roughly half of your chromosomes from one parent and roughly half from the the other. There is also parental haplogroup inheritance; typical XY-karyotype humans inherit a paternal haplogroup via the Y chromosome and a maternal haplogroup through the mitochondrial DNA. Typical XX-karyotype inherit only a maternal haplogroup via the mitochondrial DNA though in rare cases the SRY gene can end up on an X chromosome such that some people with XX-karyotype chromosomes will effectively have a paternal haplogroup inheritance as well as a maternal haplogroup inheritance. X chromosome inheritance is its own distinctly different pattern of inheritance which is somewhere between autosomal and haplogroup inheritance; it is distinctly different from maternal haplogroup inheritance which is through mitochondrial DNA.

To be clear and simplify things, your haplogroup inheritance generally corresponds to patrilineal inheritance for the paternal haplogroup and matrilineal inheritance for the maternal haplogroup. They represent what you get from your father's father's father's father's... line or what you get from your mother's mother's mother's mothers... line.

This gives four distinctly different forms of inheritance in human breeding: autosomal, paternal, maternal, and X Chromosomal.

Genetic traits that appear on the Y chromosome act like dominant traits in general. You either have the gene or you do not. Similarly for genetic traits that appear on the mitochondrial DNA. It is all or nothing inheritance with little or no crossover between parental DNA.

Genetic traits that appear on the autosomes are the conventional recessive and dominant genes. For a recessive genetic trait, you need a copy from each parent in general for the gene to express like red hair in humans. Recessive genes are often maladaptive and accumulate in patterns of inbreeding often resulting in physiological dysfunctions including infertility; they tend to select out of a genetic population after a few generations due to these maladaptions and the effect becomes more pronounced when breeding pairs are closely related such that the probability that the offspring will carry a recessive pair from any configuration of their parent's chromosomes approaches 100%. If both parents have recessive pairs then the offspring will too. Too many recessive pairs and the offspring will not be viable; real world infertility is many layered. Sperm can be malformed and incapable of fertilization of ova. The ova can be malformed or absent. Ovaries can fail to produce or expel ova. Fertilized eggs can fail to attach or the uterus can fail to develop the conditions for zygote implantation. An implanted zygote can be rejected/ejected from the uterus lining. Miscarriages are common. Recessive traits are generally regulating survival, fertility, fecundity, or reproduction.

Dominant traits are pretty straight forward. As long as the offspring gets a copy the offspring expresses the genetic trait.

The X chromosome is arguably the most complicated inheritance pattern. In human reproduction, the ova carries an X chromosome from the mother as well as her mitochondria, mitochondrial DNA, and her rough half of the autosome. The father contributes the rough other half of the autosomes as well as either an X or Y chromosome; in very rare cases, the father may contribute mitochondria or mitochondrial DNA, and in other rare cases, the parents may contribute far more than 50% of their autosome. It is possible for a parent to have an inheritable tendency to pass on more than half of their autosome; there is a few rare cases where offspring have inherited like 60% or more of their DNA from one parent.

For someone with typical XX karyotype inheritance, they inherit an X chromosome that is some mix of their mother's X chromosomes and their father's X chromosome which is inherited as some mix of the father's mother's X chromosomes.

This is all relatively more complicated than might be merited for a breeding game, but the basic shapes I think are useful for creating more diverse game play from generative genetic game mechanics. Some traits may be sex-bound such that they only are inherited if the offspring inherits the sex-selective chromosome the trait is bound to; so some traits might be Y-Chromosome Only and only get transmitted from male to male. Some might be Mito Only and only get transmitted from female to offspring such that it doesn't matter if the trait is on the father. Some traits might be X chromosome bound; these traits would be mildly like a genetic wildcard that can sometimes cross over onto Y-Chromsomes and can be inherited from a monster's mother or from the monster's father if the monster is not the same sex as the father.

Autosomal patterns of inheritance are just Punnett squares which are related to polynomial (binomial) factoring (there's University of Pennsylvania PDF on the topic) which are themselves related to algorithms represented in numeric encoding methods.

To sum up:
A given trait for a monster can be one of four types of inheritance from {autosomal, patrilineal, matrilineal, X-maternal}.
A given trait that is from {autosomal, patrilineal, X-maternal} can be recessive xor dominant. Patrilineal traits should almost all be dominant unless they are available for both patrilineal AND X-maternal inheritance.
Matrilineal traits are given to all offspring of the mother that carries the matrilineal trait.
Patrilineal traits are given to the male offspring of the father (with rare exceptions for traits that are also X-maternal type).
Most traits are going to be autosomal traits if they are not sex-linked genes.
Recessive traits should accumulate with patterns of inbreeding and disperse in patterns of outbreeding; they generally tend towards exitinction.

Last edited:

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Looking good! I hope the focus stays on the breeding aspect.

I read a couple of reviews, one suggested there needs to be a female mc. I think this is absoluty unnecassary.
Breeding Monster Grils through an mc is way more fun. If you add other playable characters, the game only gets bigger in width and updates take longer ...
i disagree, there's a big demand for Human female x Male Furry/beast in adult game genre. thats why games like wild life and cloud meadow keep making money.

both male and female mcs are needed but this game they can just let you get breeding help from your friend(red head girl) to breed with monsters lol

i have said it already, if they focus on this game more, they'll get way more support they currently from both of their games. but thats for them to decide.

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
i disagree, there's a big demand for Human female x Male Furry/beast in adult game genre. thats why games like wild life and cloud meadow keep making money.

both male and female mcs are needed but this game they can just let you get breeding help from your friend(red head girl) to breed with monsters lol

i have said it already, if they focus on this game more, they'll get way more support they currently from both of their games. but thats for them to decide.
Graphtreon dot com has the statistics.

Breeding Season at its peek was making almost 42,000$/month. If it had continued that way rather than catastrophically crashed due to bad management internally and bad PR/community-management externally then it would have made around 500,000$ to 550,000$ a year.

Disregarding its peak, it made 30,000$/month average during its lifetime. Which is still a respectable 360,000$ to 390,000$ per year just off of visible crowdfunding. One of the most well funded adult game projects on Patreon. They had basically no other form of monetization for their IP and could have made quite a bit more than they did with some improvements to their marketing and management.

There's a PCGamer article by Andy Chalk that has a summary of it.

There's demand for Breeding games left by the abandonment of games like Monster Rancher, Creatures, and various monster/creature breeding games that were developed in the late 90s and early 2000s. There's a lot of people who spent a lot of time breeding Pokemon and Norns as young people who have grown up looking for the adult version of those games only for it to be sporadic or absent or not satisfactorily implemented.

Breeding Season was a proof of concept that demonstrated that there is significant market demand for what amounts to doll houses where you can breed more and different kinds of dolls. The Sims has this as a secondary thing to the primary doll house game mechanics and social network/interaction simulation, and I want to note that the Sims is incredibly significant in game development history because it made billions of dollars and beat out pretty much every major game developed before it. It is also important to note that the driving force for the Sim's success was the demand by women. Women are the majority of game players by a wide margin.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes