4.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Aug 31, 2020
well yea no. the artist got blamed from the beginning of that crisis back then, while that writer did literally nothing but getting cash, for months. artist pulled out, and did some legal stuff on his arts in response to internal crap, animator pulled out and so on.. after quite a time having to do everything, writing, coding you name it. i know he blamed everyone else, on blogspot. far as i recall, he still owes alot, to those who left. reasoning back'n'forth, don't dig that back up. it's only going to smell really bad.
maybe rather dig up the dev file from that link, and check for bomb's ToDo; most of that stuff had been done by someone else while he spent time at the beach or sumsuch. it's in the files.
/rant
Yeah I don't know too much I didn't dig too deep on it. The game was too ambitious and Hbomb obviously isn't innocent. I've heard there are a ton of things that they wanted to add, but it wasn't feasible within the time, budget, and team they had. Especially the overhaul with the art, sprites, and animation.

Money does things to people too. Some are great working hard for their patreons that always put out consistent updates and works. Like Vendril(?) with DoL or the creator of Portals of Pheron. Then there's people, such as Lilith's throne and Yandev, that sits on their ass with slow to little updates. It's also that the issues that were brought up I also see in CM. Personally I wish things ended differently, but in the end it's just a shitty situation.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Knack - My Sharona
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah I don't know too much I didn't dig too deep on it. The game was too ambitious and Hbomb obviously isn't innocent. I've heard there are a ton of things that they wanted to add, but it wasn't feasible within the time, budget, and team they had. Especially the overhaul with the art, sprites, and animation.

Money does things to people too. Some are great working hard for their patreons that always put out consistent updates and works. Like Vendril(?) with DoL or the creator of Portals of Pheron. Then there's people, such as Lilith's throne and Yandev, that sits on their ass with slow to little updates. It's also that the issues that were brought up I also see in CM. Personally I wish things ended differently, but in the end it's just a shitty situation.
i did follow Mittsies' work after the whole BS went abandoned, has nothing ot do with it anymore, still nice animations. most of it can be found in the Flashbang archive (forum search). didn't follow CM for longer than idk a week. maybe. i don't like what people do with Unity most of the time, also it went way too far away from the original BS theme, so droped it.
with BS, they didn't really think through what can opens if you add more monsters and still try to follow canon, being "have 1male and 1female and 1futa and each of them with a loli version and animate all of it" it just goes ballistic.

Ipigskickass

Jul 10, 2017
It's been a long while, but about two years ago when I stumbled around what the hell happened to BS. I found some article, also old I think around 2018, that Hbomb wouldn't mind reviving or working on a revision, but as said above he didn't have the resources and rights to do so. It's probably water under the bridge and moved on.

It's also why no one has ever tried to revive or revision it like with flash Slave Maker 3.0 or Free Cities. Since Hbomb hasn't released the source code and more importantly. We don't have the artist's permission, and for sure would shoot it down because CM exists. I know there are some spiritual successors but they just don't have the same feel, mostly for me it's the art and animation, but I'm not touching CM because I dislike the direction they went and ofc the controversy from BS.
H-Bomb did leak the source files. S-Purple constantly gets requests from people - he sometimes shares them between servers - asking for permission to "rewive the game!!!!?>!" and all this shit and he never responds to them. He's moved on, the project is dead.

There's a "spiritual successor" known by S-Purple that he thinks is shitty and garbage, some garbage anime game. I am willing to agree with him, it's so bad I can't remember it's name. I think it's like "Breeding Farm"? or something?

In regards to "too ambitious", S-Purple's work on Cloud Meadow clearly shows that what they envisioned for Breeding Season was 100% possible. I would say that Shwig isn't really at fault for doing what he did in regards to Breeding Season. The project was dead, with H-Bomb basically being a useless piece of shit. If you want to look at Shwig and say he's only in it for the money, I think you have to look at what he did with Darkest Dungeon and the mods he's made for it. He's not just after money, he does things for fun and because he legitimately enjoys them. His work ethic is good and he has solid progress on all of his work.

You don't see that with Breeding Season and one can only really blame H-Bomb. If S-Purple were allowed to do his job, we'd have a finished project years ago.

• Angry
Reactions: Poopinmybutt

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I'm glad he had proved us all wrong now with the Cloud Meadow project
that, uhh well yea it's a project, but by now completely different to what BS was, or still is, in it's abandoned form. checked it in the very very early beginning, didn't like the Unity base, checked again like half a year ago, wasn't really "my thang".

Reactions: Normone

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Even though this is abandoned, I wanna know how long this game is?
very much depends on the version you play. tha lates one can take you a few days, if you have a real life. wouldn't give a estimate in hours, since that varies too much, but definitely takes more than 20 (if you're completionist like me); paying off a debt does take some time.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
very much depends on the version you play. tha lates one can take you a few days, if you have a real life. wouldn't give a estimate in hours, since that varies too much, but definitely takes more than 20 (if you're completionist like me); paying off a debt does take some time.
Despite being only 30 MB of size? Interesting... unless I'm missing something here!

Reactions: SmokeyBacon

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Despite being only 30 MB of size? Interesting... unless I'm missing something here!
well if you don't use cheats, the debt to pay off is called monthly-ish and you have to make income against a limited daily ressource; you just run out of energy and have to sleep. it'll be faster with all animations switched Off i guess, but you still have to do the grind. or you cheat, then it's a shorter game.

AngelOfDesire

Mar 23, 2022
A this game is always worth coming back to for a bit. I did change the game files during my last playthrough to make the energy level scale much faster with player level. Made the game a lot more fun, but completely breaks the small semblance of balance that existed before. I did change the prices and capacities of most buildings which helped make it more interesting but it didn't help the balance much. Maybe if i figure out how to change the length of an in game month it could be more interesting...

Oblato

Aug 5, 2018
Bro, found this masterpiece when I was 16, almost cried when I rediscovered it at 19 and learned it was canceled. Cloud Meadow is somewhat decent from what I played, need more content since the main story-line you end in about 2~4 hours of gameplay, yet it won't ever have the same charm as Breeding Season, if the game would be to get completed, it would have been a real sucess in the hentai game industry and would incetivise many more to be fucking degenerates like us.

anotherone225

Jul 13, 2017
I don't suppose anyone could explain how to use the alchemy lab thing?
Or was it not properly implemented before development shut down?

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
Hey comunity, someone knows how Lewi's cowgirl-mission works? He searches a cow-girl with 'nurturing' for a nanny.
I dont know, how to master it. Each day I let suck my catgirls on the cowgirls tits, but it seems to be the wrong way!
Can anyone help me?

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Hey comunity, someone knows how Lewi's cowgirl-mission works? He searches a cow-girl with 'nurturing' for a nanny.
I dont know, how to master it. Each day I let suck my catgirls on the cowgirls tits, but it seems to be the wrong way!
Can anyone help me?
you need any monster with the "nuturing" trait.. might look for one in the shop. then you breed until you have a cowgirl offspring with that trait, level it up to the required, and finish the mission. you could also use guild points to order a cowgirl with exactly this trait, should take a few days until that one shows in the shop.

Reactions: Angora Kitty

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
Can anyone help me?
Damn, what version is this? I played 5.3 and got pretty far, but I never got this mission...

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes