4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
the maker isnt the one who willingly abandoned it it was the artist, that artist then proceeded to steal the idea of breeding season to make "cloud meadow". the guys a scumbag and i encourage you to not download his game or support him in any way

Reactions: Deleted member 2738
D

Deleted member 2738

the maker isnt the one who willingly abandoned it it was the artist, that artist then proceeded to steal the idea of breeding season to make "cloud meadow". the guys a scumbag and i encourage you to not download his game or support him in any way
Didn't he steal the money too or was that someone else?

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
Didn't he steal the money too or was that someone else?
he didnt steal the money he stole the games assets so that the original maker couldnt continue making the game with a different artist. so not only did he make a game to compete with the guy he was working for he also sabotaged his competition as he left

Reactions: Deleted member 2738
U

User_682252

i like clowd mewdown i support it, i agree that was a dick movie to steal assets and idea, but still ideas are stolen in gaming comunity quite often and it is strange that original creator did not try to treat similar game with the different artist

Jun 15, 2018
he didnt steal the money he stole the games assets so that the original maker couldnt continue making the game with a different artist. so not only did he make a game to compete with the guy he was working for he also sabotaged his competition as he left
"Stole" isn't quite the word, where I agree the guy is a douche and was in the wrong the developer had a lot of fault to take upon himself. He was an old name around LoK forum and not a guy with business sense, he had little idea how to focus a team on a project which is why it was such a clusterfuck of a project. As for the artist when he signed on the developer was the idiot who signed a contract that said he would pay BUT the artist retained all rights to the art assets. That is why I said "stole", since technically the art was in fact his via that travesty of a contract.

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
fair enough. yeah the maker of breeding season wasnt very business-savy but what the artist did was so scummy that i feel calling it theft is appropriate even if not accurate so a kind of a "yeah i was supposed to hit the apple but the guy it was on is an asshole so good enough right?" kinda feeling

Reactions: silentshadow

Icy Malaise

May 27, 2017
I think I remember a build the removed a lot of animations from the game. Did they manage to replace all of them? I'm a sucker for lost content.

D

Deleted member 742382

Yeah so my investigations have led me to conclude that the build with the most animations is build 6.3.1, the last build before they revamped the dickwolf design for the last time. The catch is that a lot of quality of life improvements to the game itself came after that, so it's a trade-off.

RndmGuy404

Sep 9, 2018
Yeah so my investigations have led me to conclude that the build with the most animations is build 6.3.1, the last build before they revamped the dickwolf design for the last time. The catch is that a lot of quality of life improvements to the game itself came after that, so it's a trade-off.
Where could you get that version?

Rawiya

Donor
Jan 19, 2019
My dream for this game, after being a fan of it's development from the early builds.... is someone pisses in both Dev and Artist's cheerios, takes what is there and makes a "Fan Game" not for profit purely for giggles.

Because the game was FINALLY shaping up to be decent. Because let's be real- that artist deserves to have their art ripped off and never see a dime of it after being such a tool. <3 I refuse to give that team a penny, after that, even if CM is shaping up to be decent. :devilish: Pirate's life for me, on that game. :devilish:

Lunas

Jun 4, 2018
Long story short: this one falied and someone decide to make cloud meadow with the same artist
Actually the artist torpedoed the project to steal the assets for cloud meadow some sort of drama caused him to throw a fit delete his assets off the server and left breeding season with a c&d for his assets leaving breeding seasons team up shit creek with a hole in the canoe and no paddles.

D

Deleted member 742382

Actually the artist torpedoed the project to steal the assets for cloud meadow some sort of drama caused him to throw a fit delete his assets off the server and left breeding season with a c&d for his assets leaving breeding seasons team up shit creek with a hole in the canoe and no paddles.
While this is true, it seems like a lot of people around here have forgotten how abysmally slow the progress on this game was by the end. They were continuously redesigning characters and monsters, which often required them to scrap animations and start from nothing with them, which basically had them treading water progress-wise. Meanwhile they had promised so many monsters and variations to their supporters that it would have taken decades at the pace they were going to actually implement them.

The game was abysmally mismanaged, and doomed even before the knife in the back.

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes