msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Only use this patch if you want to play in an incest context and are annoyed by the weird sentences.

Although the game allows you to define relationships, it will result in some extremely weird dialogue which I find incredibly off-putting. No sister would refer to her brother as "brother" all the time, but that's exactly what you get when you define such a relationship.

So what this patch does:
  • Fix casing, since capital Mom, Sister and Brother really bug me when it's done mid-sentence.
  • Depending on the wording, Margarie is called mom or mother and the father is dad or father.
  • Chloe and Emily are called MC's sisters.
  • Rewrite some sentences to remove brother or replace it with the player's name so they sound more natural.
  • Rewrite some sentences that were just plain weird. Don't worry, there are plenty of those remaining, nor did I fix the overusage of comma's.

Other notes:
  • Patch doesn't mess with core files, can be added/removed without issues and will work with future versions.
  • You must define the relationships yourself when starting a new game; the patch will tell you what to enter. The original code is set up in such a way that I don't see an easy way around this without modifying game files.
  • When loading an existing save, relationships are applied automatically.
  • Of course the patch needs an update for future game versions' dialogues, assuming the current writing trend continues.
Disclaimer: I won't guarantee (immediate) future updates.

Feel free to notify me of issues or missed dialogue.

Game version: v0.5a
Patch version: v0.5.1

Download file and place in the game directory.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks. This really helps. I assume this works for v.5b as well

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
good game. wish it updated more often, but im rock hard every time i see it in the latest update section
It all depends on the chapter and amount of work writing and rendering and animating the scenes. In the end we delivered a very only 40mins to 1hr long gameplay to make sure everything we set out to do for this chapter was what was needed for the story.

My endeavour is have the story be the focus with the xrated content balancing out enough that it's enjoyable. If that means there is a delay, and there was one due to actual real issues which was discussed on discord, then well, it just can't be helped.

I mean it was only a few weeks late, unlike say 6mths to 2yrs.

Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying the game. We work real hard to deliver the goods. And really appreciate the supporters on patreon, don't forget to send some coins on our way on patreon to show your appreciation.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
I don't understand why MC is so reluctant to fuck his family.
Imagine coming from a totally functioning family, full of caring people with a healthy environment and everything going well....

You have a really good relationship with everyone.
You're not a creeper to the females. You are a wholesome normal male with no vices.
Suddenly an entity decides to turn all that on its head.

Now... You have to decide whether to throw away your soul or take control and get back your soul. By soul, I mean everything that was good about you, and the relationship with your unit.

Thats basically where this MC is at right now. He isn't beta. I hate beta males. You did play through 0.3 & 0.4?
I thought we all had fun with Liza and Angelina.

So, he has to go through an actual time of transition to get to where he throws away he's soul and thats the corruption path.
There is a real human emotion called, guilt. Which, he hasn't been able to shake.

No, one unless they are inherent evil or a sociopath turns into something opposite their nature overnight. And, thats what the story is partly about. Its deeper than just a 'lets build a harem, now that I got this power'. Though I love those types of games myself.

We want to deliver something special storywise.

Variety is the spice of life.

Jan 2, 2021
Bright Lord [v0.5b] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.02 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.99 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 260 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 225 MB: MEGA -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Bright Lord [v0.5a] Walkthrough & Cheat Mod

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Getting nonstop error

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Imagine coming from a totally functioning family, full of caring people with a healthy environment and everything going well....

You have a really good relationship with everyone.
You're not a creeper to the females. You are a wholesome normal male with no vices.
Suddenly an entity decides to turn all that on its head.

Now... You have to decide whether to throw away your soul or take control and get back your soul. By soul, I mean everything that was good about you, and the relationship with your unit.

Thats basically where this MC is at right now. He isn't beta. I hate beta males. You did play through 0.3 & 0.4?
I thought we all had fun with Liza and Angelina.

So, he has to go through an actual time of transition to get to where he throws away he's soul and thats the corruption path.
There is a real human emotion called, guilt. Which, he hasn't been able to shake.

No, one unless they are inherent evil or a sociopath turns into something opposite their nature overnight. And, thats what the story is partly about. Its deeper than just a 'lets build a harem, now that I got this power'. Though I love those types of games myself.

We want to deliver something special storywise.

Variety is the spice of life.
True and you have the bright lord here to make that turn and start of it more believable. Still if give our MC too much resistance and guilt you can write yourself into a corner and go so slow the final fall becomes unbelievable. MC needs too make some turn in thoughts over time and have it begin to show and since he basically also really loves them, well as just an example corruption can also be allowing yourself to delude yourself you are doing it for their best interest, since you need to protect them and are best for them to be loved, happy and safe. :)

It does not have to be a creepy sleep rape to corrupt someone, corruption often uses the better sides of a person, but twists them to become open to things they did not even envisaged doing before and makes those feel like the normal and natural thing to do, so our MC will have to lose his guilt somewhere anyway. :p

Edit: Said in another way Corruption does not always has to be about pumping up the baser instincts of someone, sometimes attacking and corrupting their more lofty motivations work way better if you can bring those in line with your goals as Brightlord. With less guilt resistance by MC since MC is doing what he thinks is good instead of bad due to that corruption. :p

Last edited:

Horny

Apr 26, 2017
Nice update. It was a decent story progression along with some hot scenes with Chloe. That ending was a great cliff hanger. What I most like about this game besides the hot models is the MC isn't another boring horn dog sex addict who pervs on his family with every chance he gets right from the very beginning. He is a completely normal brother who has his hands tied by a higher power to slowly corrupt his loved ones. With that said I think the character development can be better. The overall pacing of the story telling is just a little too hasty for my taste.

Last edited:

Bobby Boucher

Oct 16, 2020
I'm not a large fan of redemption arcs in general.
But if there is one, at the very least the character must be sympathetic to some degree and the actions before need to be reasonable from his/her pov.

But i really don't have a shred of sympathy left for her at this point. Not after how she treats her sister, chooses Megan over her family and worse, doesn't care if she hurts her family, if she gets what she wants.
If i had the choice, i'd say goodbye to her, wishing her good luck in her new life away from the family, like she wanted.
Redemption arcs are the worst

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
Bright Lord [v0.5b] Walkthrough & Cheat Mod Updated
As, always. Thank you.
Joker, Mixdrop Compression links aren't working.

It's say Link no longer available.
All links are working, I just checked.
However,
Joker Mixdrop Compression links aren't working.
It would help in future if you let the uploader know exactly which link is dead. It will save both players and uploaders time.

Getting nonstop error
Copy/paste from page 1:
IF YOU PLAYED 0.4 WITH CLEAN SAFE EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK
(clean save)

Jan 2, 2021
As, always. Thank you.
Joker, Mixdrop Compression links aren't working.

All links are working, I just checked.
However,
Joker Mixdrop Compression links aren't working.
It would help in future if you let the uploader know exactly which link is dead. It will save both players and uploaders time.

Copy/paste from page 1:
IF YOU PLAYED 0.4 WITH CLEAN SAFE EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK
(clean save)
I'm playing from beginning

AnubisMRM

May 18, 2018
I started from the beginning as well and now I can't resume the game from any save file. The game just stops responding when I click a save file.

PS: added the i patch and the Walkthrough mod.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
I have tested the Compressed Version with the (uodenim) plus my own Walkthrough Mod, i haven't got any errors, started fresh, no erros, loaded a previous save after 0.4, got no errors, tested witht the patch only, no errors, with only the mod, no errors, with both the Patch and the Mod, no errors.

I advise people to check their game version if it is v0.5b.
Using the same version of the mod, if the saves are from 0.4 or after.
This is important if you have installed the mod and or patch in the correct way, for the patch remove the numbers when you download and add the patch inside the game folder, for the mod, unzip or just drag the folder "game" from iside the zip file to the "BrightLord-0.5b-pc" and replace when asked.

Edit: Did the same testing for the original version, i haven't got any erros.

Last edited:

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
This might just turn out to be a gem. So far so good. And dev, I hope that you've AT LEAST sent pig's head to those death threats. I understand if you don't want to, so if you won't sent it, that's ok, just tell me. I know a guy :giggle:

Jan 2, 2021
I have tested the Compressed Version with the (uodenim) plus my own Walkthrough Mod, i haven't got any errors, started fresh, no erros, loaded a previous save after 0.4, got no errors, tested witht the patch only, no errors, with only the mod, no errors, with both the Patch and the Mod, no errors.

I advise people to check their game version if it is v0.5b.
Using the same version of the mod, if the saves are from 0.4 or after.
This is important if you have installed the mod and or patch in the correct way, for the patch remove the numbers when you download and add the patch inside the game folder, for the mod, unzip or just drag the folder "game" from iside the zip file to the "BrightLord-0.5b-pc" and replace when asked.

Edit: Did the same testing for the original version, i haven't got any erros.
I don't have any previous saves but still error

3.90 star(s) 88 Votes