PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
Chloe, if the intent was to make her unlikeable then kudos to the writer, they did an amazing job at making her completely unlikable, self-centered, petulant, entitled, and the way she treats her family would make her the villain of the story if not for the other more defined threats of the story, And it's made worse if you don't use the corruption options, the MC more or less acts as a doormat, letting her walk over him because that's the "Nice thing" to do.
1000000% dude... hate that character enough that I don't even give a rip how nice she might look. Let the BrightLord doom her utterly and get it over with... maybe she'll come out better afterwards when her mind is no longer her own, because she sure as shit can't get much worse as a person.

---------

That put aside now, in the club... was that "Valerie" from "Strip-n-Play with Valerie", as in the Succubus Valerie?? Is this a hint at something, or just a wink wink nudge nudge to another artists creation? >_>

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
1000000% dude... hate that character enough that I don't even give a rip how nice she might look. Let the BrightLord doom her utterly and get it over with... maybe she'll come out better afterwards when her mind is no longer her own, because she sure as shit can't get much worse as a person.

---------

That put aside now, in the club... was that "Valerie" from "Strip-n-Play with Valerie", as in the Succubus Valerie?? Is this a hint at something, or just a wink wink nudge nudge to another artists creation? >_>
I wanted to promote the dev that helped me.

Oct 9, 2018
I'm so confused...Is Bright Lord the bad guy? Is amethyst the bad guy? Are they both bad guys with different motives?
I feel like its kind of being set up that Bright lord is a good guy but also doesn't really care much about the lives of individual humans, and Amethyst is the true villain who is against both the MC and Bright lord, but IDK.

Also, why is there an incest patch if you get to make up your own relations in game???

Reactions: Rory Smith

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I did a full playthrough up to the end of the content to get up to speed on this game in preparation for the next update, and from the beginning the story didn't fully click with me and after thinking about it I finally understood what it was.

There is a conflict in the way the story is written and it comes from using 2 different narrative tools

1- The MC as a player avatar

2- The MC as a Story Character

When the MC its an avatar of the player, he is a blank slate and the player chooses his reactions and personality, when the MC its a story character he has a defined personality and the player just choose who to pursue and that's it.

In this game the MC has a set personality that more or less dislike all the corruption/mind control, and that's fine, the problem comes when the player is given the choice to do something that goes against that mindset, he fights the player's choice, but then after that moment the story continues with no changes to the character, One may start to get the feeling that the choices don't matter because in practice they don't actually matter, the only time when the choices are reflected on the story is when you reach a scene that needs X amount of points to happen.

If the player chooses the corruption choices, then it needs to be reflected in the way the character thinks or behaves, when he's having an internal monologue or just thinking, the previous choices need to be reflected, perhaps he feels conflicted about his actions, perhaps he enjoys it and doesn't want to fall for that feeling, Something that makes the choices have an actual impact aside from the scene where the choice its made, so far it feels that no matter what your choose the MC and the story will keep the same course, making those choices redundant.
You made some good points. The coding and writing that is required to make a gradual and precise growth of the character through choices is something that is almost never realized. It's too much work to make intermediate states that account for every combination of choices and the changing mental state of the MC. The best they can do in a good/evil scenario is to try and create a baseline MC that isn't leaning too much into any direction so that any choice stays within reason. For the most part, I think they did ok in this regard. I never felt like the MC is acting unreasonable when going for the full corruption route. The MC is a pretty neutral being. He is a "normal" guy who doesn't want incest shit and don't want to be controlled by some malevolent otherworldly being. At the same time, he does like the perks of such powers when it suits him. "Give in" can mean a lot of things. He might just be too weak to resist the influence. He might secretly want it but can not admit it to himself. Just because he can resist it in one route doesn't mean that he could have resisted in the other route. It's possible to view stories like this as alternate realities.

Whatever the case, I don't necessarily think complex choices are incompatible with "Story Character" MCs. The only thing that matters is if the choice and outcome makes sense for the character at that moment in time. For the most part, this game keeps a consistent MC (it helps that the evil stuff he does can be attribute to the Bright Lord). I think from a meta perspective, it would be nice to have the MC showing some signs of corruption soon, but I am content as long as the MC doesn't act wildly out of character.

For comparison, Radiant has an MC that is suffering gravely from all the points you have made. He acts like a schizophrenic twat that has the most incredible mood swings on the dark route.

• Hey there
Reactions: cormac69

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
The difference between the first version and this are stunning. The graphics and animations have always been top tier but now the story is catching up to them. While I had questions about this game at first.. whether it had a chance or not.. that question has been answered in spades. Rated this one a 5/10 earlier on but moving it to 7/10 and still with growth potential. Great work KissKiss Studio, I can't wait to see more! Just turning into a really great game.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
Finished editing the script to 0.6 which is going to be very good if you like the story that is writing so far.
with v1 of the 0.6 script completed this means it goes back to Santaras to read through and see if he needs to do anymore renders based on the extra 500 words on top of the 8400 pre-edits he had written.

Then it comes back to me with beta in code for me to edit the script again with the new added animation and also, sometimes the sex scenes need to be reworked as I don't write them until I see the beta and do complete play though. This takes time. Lots of time.

0.5 was a major work and as a release it was pretty big for a 2 month timeframe release, with 45mins gameplay and 19980!!!
I've mentioned this already.

I am always surprised when I play a game and the release is like 5mins or I've waited months for a release. I usually bail out of support on those ones. There is also those patreons who pull their support if the chapter isn't released on time or delayed by a week, as they may think that the dev isn't going to release it. But, then there are devs who wring supporters along. Both are sad.

I am working hard to give my time 90% free voluntarily to this project, I don't back many devs, so I can't complain, as I see it as a balance to my getting to play free what others are helping to get developed as well get a better understanding of creating games and also the community.

I'm not going anywhere until Bright Lord is at 1.0 release. I am even waiting for it to finish before I begin work on completing my own game script. I have already written the demo script.

As, part of the indie game scene now I am looking for backers myself on patreon because I would like to put together a team after Bright Lord is completed and would getting my patreon support up.

I am looking forward to 0.6 as much as you all are.

Thank you for all the kind words. We did have some bad actors with 0.5 release.

Toss a coin my way if you are able.

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
U don't even pledge lit u r playing the game that others pay for free and u still whining like a emo suicidal teenager, no hate but get urself a life or sum go and play video games hangout with friends or go and talk with a girl idk....
so you think i can't criticize something because it's free? And here i thought this is free speech forum. Too bad there are people like you here.

Ps: I'm here gonna ignore your comment about my personal life

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
For a game that updated once in a 4 months, this is incredibly short
U don't even pledge lit u r playing the game that others pay for free and u still whining like a emo suicidal teenager, no hate but get urself a life or sum go and play video games hangout with friends or go and talk with a girl idk....
“I wholly disapprove of what you say—and will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Voccoro33

Feb 15, 2021
so you think i can't criticize something because it's free? And here i thought this is free speech forum. Too bad there are people like you here.

Ps: I'm here gonna ignore your comment about my personal life
Bruh, I never tried to censor you, u gave ur opinion and I gave ya the mine that's all

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
Interesting take, not sure where you got that idea from, but let point out as co-writer and editor on this game, we have released

2 specials
5 releases since Nov 21, 2020

That's 7 releases in the last 9 months alone.

Our last release 0.5 had around 45mins of gameplay alone.

So, maybe before making accusations look read the thread and read when the posts are made about the time of release.

I don't take lightly accusations made about our teams hard work on this, especially from someone who doesn't financially support our work on this game. I say this knowing that if did, you would be on the discord chat alongside our amazing supporters who know when each and every release is about to be released or and also take part in the discussions about the game.

Maybe, do some research before making some statements in the future.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Interesting take, not sure where you got that idea from, but let point out as co-writer and editor on this game, we have released

2 specials
5 releases since Nov 21, 2020

That's 7 releases in the last 9 months alone.

Our last release 0.5 had around 45mins of gameplay alone.

So, maybe before making accusations look read the thread and read when the posts are made about the time of release.

I don't take lightly accusations made about our teams hard work on this, especially from someone who doesn't financially support our work on this game. I say this knowing that if did, you would be on the discord chat alongside our amazing supporters who know when each and every release is about to be released or and also take part in the discussions about the game.

Maybe, do some research before making some statements in the future.
damn... guess he/she is not allowed to have a opinion since it hurts the devs....
he/she stated their opinion no need to act so hurt just because 1 person said they think the game is short(from their point of view)...
take this message as you want , I'm just saying that's not really the type of reply I expect to see from one of the devs.
also game is not short, I'm guessing you skipped most of the content if you say the game is short

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
damn... guess he/she is not allowed to have a opinion since it hurts the devs....
he/she stated their opinion no need to act so hurt just because 1 person said they think the game is short(from their point of view)...
take this message as you want , I'm just saying that's not really the type of reply I expect to see from one of the devs.

also game is not short, I'm guessing you skipped most of the content if you say the game is short
I just wrote short answer lol. I dont use this site cuz its anti dev. And he can say what he want tbh idc

3.90 star(s) 88 Votes