Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
press load and show which save you using. It could be that you saved in the ending of the episode(the thank you and asking for support) And now that they have been moved to episode 6 ending the save doesn't work
nope, i have like 3 saves plus the auto-saves and none of them works... :cry:

Shroluken

Jan 5, 2021
Yes I've told you, when i press Ignore, the game starts a new game. Its weird xd
You're not alone in this, I got the same issue aswell (same error aswell), weirdly enough a random older-ish (i think like 0.4) save worked for me so I didn't have to restart from the beginning

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
You're not alone in this, I got the same issue aswell (same error aswell), weirdly enough a random older-ish (i think like 0.4) save worked for me so I didn't have to restart from the beginning
sadly i dont have another saves, even Joker, the modder sent me his saves and nothing...

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Soooo... this just got tagged with [incest]. Can anyone tell me why? What is the nature of the incest content in this game?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I can confirm that the problems with some old saves. In my case it seems like the newest from the previous version did not work but those, which are a little bit older, worked. So I loaded an older save and skipped fast through the already played parts. And when I loaded from within the game and not from the game menu, also some of the saves that did not work from the game menu then worked. There was an error message, but after ignoring it, I had loaded the save I wanted to load. It seems it makes in some cases a difference wether the game itself is already running or just the game menu has been loaded so far. No idea why, but that's my impression.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
I can confirm that the problems with some old saves. In my case it seems like the newest from the previous version did not work but those, which are a little bit older, worked. So I loaded an older save and skipped fast through the already played parts. And when I loaded from within the game and not from the game menu, also some of the saves that did not work from the game menu then worked. There was an error message, but after ignoring it, I had loaded the save I wanted to load. It seems it makes in some cases a difference wether the game itself is already running or just the game menu has been loaded so far. No idea why, but that's my impression.
Yeah, so many random errors happening... That's why Phase 2 will be a new game where you will insert variables from the phone we added. And you will choose what choices you did in Phase 1. The new coder reorganized the game's files really clean but prob caused some issues with that.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing issues with saves made in 0.5 (which was the first release I started playing from start).

On another note... when I first visited the Bonus menu I got the below error
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Scale' <'Image' u'bonus/thumb/bonusLock.webp'> 360 203 True>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'bonus/thumb/bonusLock.webp'.
After unpacking the RPA files I did find this image in the bonus folder itself instead of inside the thumb folder. However, once a few images are unlocked and then accessing the bonus gallery again, the error doesn't occur, the lock image still doesn't show and it just shows the unlocked ones.

BTW. Anyone wondered how the MC found the time to postpone his studies to help with something minor as a move but later in the story the MC explaining the reason why he didn't attend his 'landlord's funeral was because he couldn't postpone those same studies for fear of losing his 'payed' spot? So suddenly this reason no longer existed? I mean, that makes this whole explanation a bit hard to swallow...

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
that would be a plausible reason if not for the fact he only realized his mistake _after_ getting an earful from Chloe about his perceived selfishness ...

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
This game would be a lot better if it didn't take until update 0.6 just to have oral sex with the main girls.

God this hellishly slow pace is such a waste on such good renders.

Reactions: Boldano

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
This game would be a lot better if it didn't take until update 0.6 just to have oral sex with the main girls.

God this hellishly slow pace is such a waste on such good renders.
I am not so sure about that. This game obviously is rather story than sex scene driven. A fast "wham bam, thanks mom!" pace might be a waste on a good story. So on one side we have good renders and a good story and on the other side we have a rather slow pace, but with several hot scenes that mainly take place in the heads of the different characters. Could be worse.
And don't forget that there was already an oral scene with Chloe in an earlier version (0.4 or 0.5, not sure, if you play the MC rather dominant)!

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
I am not so sure about that. This game obviously is rather story than sex scene driven. A fast "wham bam, thanks mom!" pace might be a waste on a good story. So on one side we have good renders and a good story and on the other side we have a rather slow pace, but with several hot scenes that mainly take place in the heads of the different characters. Could be worse.
And don't forget that there was already an oral scene with Chloe in an earlier version (0.4 or 0.5, not sure, if you play the MC rather dominant)!
Story driven and sex scenes aren't mutually exclusive, many many other titles prove that. A good story will make a game better but if there isn't a new explicit sex scene in every major update then that's just a waste of my time. The story is the spice and the build up but ultimately, the sex is the primary content and if that's missing then what's the point.

Reactions: acondo and Boldano

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
There will be no NTR, PREGNANCY, and any other hardcore fetish.
wait what? since when is pregnancy a 'hardcore' fetish? sorry for the late response but sheesh... i don't know how others let this one go.

but yea, for some people you don't have to have MC have sex with pregnant women for the fetish fulfillment. sometimes it's all about just knowing you planted the seed there and watching it grow. but yea, personally i can't even see prego sex as a hardcore fetish. it's much too vanilla imo and very common. (i think i read something some years ago how a number of surveys indicated hetero men's preferences are about 50/50 split on the subject of pregnant sex.)

i've yet to play the game as i'm waiting for it to get closer to being finished, so considering that and that i'm replying to an old post, if by chance you have already included pregnancy then feel free to berate my foolish ass! :p

Last edited:

felipons

Fluffy, The Destroyer of Worlds
Modder
Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Any suggestion?

Everytime i try to load a save from the 0.5 to the new update
This problem probably happened by the difference of the Ren'py SDK used, can you send me your save files, to be sure of what happened?

The save files are kept in the folder folder "%appdata%\RenPy\BrightLord-1605874009"

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Yes I've told you, when i press Ignore, the game starts a new game. Its weird xd
I dont know really what did went wrong with your saves :D

well i think i do , they were too recent , if you still got old version of game load older save, for me it worked from here

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and more closer to the end of previous update was crash so had to replay chunk of previous update but its working

this scene where crashed for example
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

for the end can pop the actual saves of previous version (in attachment) since havent deleted yet 1 working , 2 are not

am using mod, did with previous and current release

lesson of making saves once in a while and not just keeping few i guess

3.90 star(s) 88 Votes