HalGLC

May 12, 2017
So, realistically, how's the horror in this game?

Or, to be blunt, is it boner-killing? Am I going to be fucking a woman then BAM, some horror shit happens and the moment's ruined?

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
So, realistically, how's the horror in this game?

Or, to be blunt, is it boner-killing? Am I going to be fucking a woman then BAM, some horror shit happens and the moment's ruined?
No, don't worry about that. You aren't fucking a woman. Yet. ;)
It is rather about a kind of war between different two different powerful entities and how the main character fights to keep not becoming corrupted (or doesn't, depends on you) by one while being forced to fight against the other one for himself and his loved ones for staying alive. I would rather call it fantasy that horror.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
This problem probably happened by the difference of the Ren'py SDK used, can you send me your save files, to be sure of what happened?

The save files are kept in the folder folder "%appdata%\RenPy\BrightLord-1605874009"
well i think i do , they were too recent , if you still got old version of game load older save, for me it worked from here

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and more closer to the end of previous update was crash so had to replay chunk of previous update but its working

this scene where crashed for example

for the end can pop the actual saves of previous version (in attachment) since havent deleted yet 1 working , 2 are not

am using mod, did with previous and current release

lesson of making saves once in a while and not just keeping few i guess
Luckily I found an older save from an earlier version of the game and was able to continue from there.

Reactions: micmitja

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Even after Chloe done all those things and leave home with leaving all family behind, making her mom worried our MC calls her and tell ''You don't deserve the way we treat you.'' etc... Seriously DEV? She doesn't deserve the way they treat her?

Edit: and MC turns out realy selfish person with those flasbacks... So whats your purpose? You want use dont like any character of this game? At least you can make MC someone we can like you know? LOL
Screenshot_3.jpg

Last edited:

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Even after Chloe done all those things and leave home with leaving all family behind, making her mom worried our MC calls her and tell ''You don't deserve the way we treat you.'' etc... Seriously DEV? She doesn't deserve the way they treat her? So creating cliche annoying bitch old sister wasn't enough and you want change MC pushover and beta boy? Wow... Nice...
View attachment 1462502

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Even after Chloe done all those things and leave home with leaving all family behind, making her mom worried our MC calls her and tell ''You don't deserve the way we treat you.'' etc... Seriously DEV? She doesn't deserve the way they treat her?

Edit: and MC turns out realy selfish person with those flasbacks... So whats your purpose? You want use dont like any character of this game? At least you can make MC someone we can like you know? LOL
View attachment 1462502
I guess that's called "diplomacy"... ;)
Keep in mind that Chloe does not know what the woman she works for has done. So far, for her knowledge she is just a woman her mother dislikes and does not want her to work for. And she just thinks she needs to spread her wings, fly and make her own decisions for her own live. I am pretty sure, if she knew more about that woman's past, she would decide differently. But she doesn't.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I guess that's called "diplomacy"... ;)
Keep in mind that Chloe does not know what the woman she works for has done. So far, for her knowledge she is just a woman her mother dislikes and does not want her to work for. And she just thinks she needs to spread her wings, fly and make her own decisions for her own live. I am pretty sure, if she knew more about that woman's past, she would decide differently. But she doesn't.
Who needs diplomacy when we got Bright Lord powers, amirite?

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Seems to be a bit of continuity error. Megan accuses you of "using women" and specifically mentions what happened in her office even if you didn't do anything to the secretary.

I get she's a maniacal villain but I'm sitting here with only 3 corruption on that save and she's acting like I'm having my way with everyone I meet regardless.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Seems to be a bit of continuity error. Megan accuses you of "using women" and specifically mentions what happened in her office even if you didn't do anything to the secretary.

I get she's a maniacal villain but I'm sitting here with only 3 corruption on that save and she's acting like I'm having my way with everyone I meet regardless.
She didn't act like that. She hates men. She hates landladies husband for using her. Mc came into her office with one thought. I dont see any error in this. There is like 5 scenes in the game where you use them. Corruption variables has nothing to do with this....

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
She didn't act like that. She hates men. She hates landladies husband for using her. Mc came into her office with one thought. I dont see any error in this. There is like 5 scenes in the game where you use them. Corruption variables has nothing to do with this....
You're the Dev I assume but from my playthrough you are mistaken. My MC has 4 encounters with them (all forced) unless you use the mod to hang out with all three family members which ups it to 6 (all forced). I resisted from the very start and at every turn, didn't engage with Liza the second time when it was optional, and didn't screw the secretary.

She can hate men all she wants and irrationally attack the MC for being a user but the path I took can't be claimed as 'having my way.' Her claiming the MC did something with the secretary when it's literally an option not to and I chose not to is most certainly a continuity error.

I'll give you that the MC came into her office before the confrontation for a singular reason but once again that wasn't in the player's control; which honestly seems to be the ongoing theme for this game.

Anyway I've spoken my piece.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
You're the Dev I assume but from my playthrough you are mistaken. My MC has 4 encounters with them (all forced) unless you use the mod to hang out with all three family members which ups it to 6 (all forced). I resisted from the very start and at every turn, didn't engage with Liza the second time when it was optional, and didn't screw the secretary.

She can hate men all she wants and irrationally attack the MC for being a user but the path I took can't be claimed as 'having my way.' Her claiming the MC did something with the secretary when it's literally an option not to and I chose not to is most certainly a continuity error.

I'll give you that the MC came into her office before the confrontation for a singular reason but once again that wasn't in the player's control; which honestly seems to be the ongoing theme for this game.

Anyway I've spoken my piece.
So tell me how does Megan know that you tried to resist? And didn't do any of those things that you mentioned? I said she doesn't trust men after the landladies husband used her.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
So tell me how does Megan know that you tried to resist? And didn't do any of those things that you mentioned? I said she doesn't trust men after the landladies husband used her.
So Megan's accusation is only based on her assumptions and prejudices. Makes sense. But I can understand that her accusation feels unjustly for players who try to be uncorrupted.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Levant

Apr 27, 2017
i see whats happening :geek:
Santaras you as the creater of the game and you
Cernunnos. as a player have different Standpoint of information about what is happening in the game:cool:
and thats the problem:giggle:
let me explain:poop:
Santaras you as the DV know that Megan only accuse MC out of her hate for man and for you its crystal clear :D
but for us players that not alwasy the case we dont know if she is saying it because of point values or thats whats hier text is:unsure:
the easy way to solve this kind problem would be
if the MC tried to resist and didn't do any of those things that she mentions:cry:
the MC should at least reject the accusation with a inner monolog even if he can't say anything out loud:WutFace:
like ''what the fuck is she talking about'':mad:
with that the player will know if she is baselessly accuse someone or not:WeSmart:
after all Santaras you as the DV see and know the big picture so its normal for you to overlook small details:whistle:
we as the players like Cernunnos. just see a puzzle and its also normal for the players not to be able to keep up with the DVo_O
im not bashing around or trying to find faults in you guys:eek:
im just trying to find a middle ground for us:coffee:

ok this are my two cents:poop:
Santaras Love your game:love:

Gigachad

Apr 7, 2019
Just started the game, in chapter 1.
Wished the bright lord looked more elvish and less hideous monster, but liking the game so far.
Also, is the bright lord speaking in Black Speech? Kino if true.

Reactions: KissKissStudio

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Played though the game for the first time, a very interesting premise. Loved the story, it's definitely a departure from the usual tropes we see in games. Was pretty refreshing to see the dev not pulling any punches with putting all the chars through the grinder.

I wonder where it's going story wise and if there's even room for any non-corruption paths.

Will be watching this game with great interest going forward. It's not often that I think about the plots of these games after I'm done playing them, but this one made me do it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KissKissStudio
3.90 star(s) 88 Votes