4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Biggering

Jul 23, 2022
Hey, just wanna say I'm loving it so far, but maybe get someone on your Discord or something to give it a proofread before finishing up next time. The english, while not completely broken, is sometimes iffy enough to be distracting. Good luck with the future, I'm looking forward to more of this one
Thank you, we are working to improve the quality of the game with every update.

Biggering

Jul 23, 2022
and the Spanish translation is not integrated into the game advertising in deceitful: v
I don't have control of this post, I want to update the information, and sorry but I can't continue with the Spanish translation, since I'm a one-man army doing the game, and it's complicated for me, also, I didn't have the good reception for the game from the Spanish community as I expected in the first release. Maybe in the future, I will continue with the Spanish translation or contact dedicated groups to make it, Thank you, I wanted to clarify it.

Reactions: ferxharu

ferxharu

Aug 21, 2020
I don't have control of this post, I want to update the information, and sorry but I can't continue with the Spanish translation, since I'm a one-man army doing the game, and it's complicated for me, also, I didn't have the good reception for the game from the Spanish community as I expected in the first release. Maybe in the future, I will continue with the Spanish translation or contact dedicated groups to make it, Thank you, I wanted to clarify it.
No problem I just wanted to know that thanks and congratulations because it's a great game both the story and the characters have a great passion good luck and keep it up

• Red Heart
Reactions: Biggering

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Not gonna lie, I agree with the comments, that MC don't feel like he suited for his job. Even his alternate personalities provide quite controversial help. Another thing that drags the game down is the sandbox elements that serve no purpose, the story is linear, and few interactions that we have in home, doesn't justify the existence of said system. Still, despite this clear disadvantages I played till the end, the writing and those dream sequences of alternate personalities keep me going. Again, I think the MC's first personality is a representation of lazy, uninteresting person who just burns his life and just wants to be left in that state. I have seen such type of character in some anime, can't recall the name, but I also played the game Meteor world Actor with such exact character trope. The only difference is that, there the main protagonist actually knowing his stuff, and he always does the bare minimum of work, knows a lot of tricks to make sure he doesn't strain himself too much, or subject himself to unnecessary risks, so in the end he would get his paycheck, so he can burn it down for a drink. That isn't the most charismatic character to watch, and especially not to play, so I didn't go through the second games in this series. In this game, it would be possible to give the main character some resemblance from that one, in the sense that he would at least understand his profession, and in addition to this, his alternate personalities could give a lot of options in resolving upcoming situations (giving various outcoms bad, neutral or good). And frankly, I plan to follow this game for a while and see if the player will have the ability to influence the story.
And the most good part of this game, it's probably the horror sequences. I noticed that horror genre not that very popular among adult games, and the ones I played, was barely resemble any uneasy, uncomfortable atmosphere. But this game is different, I really fell uncomfortable during the main character's mental breakdowns, partly is the reason why I'm writing this comment. That scene with the mirror in school, was quick, I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but the girl standing behind him, was creepy as f**. I really like it. I liked this horror elements and map design during his dreams, and I really would like to see if you ever want to create a horror game. You're already good with the writing (some problems can be fixed with experience, I believe) and you can create mystery around your story, I think it could turn out in something cool. The only thing I'm not yet sure, because it wasn't fleshed out in game yet, is how the sex scenes will be presented. Will they be like really sexy, so you'll think that you came not for wrong address to read some romantic story. That's also the important question for me.

In any case, I wish you good luck with development, I hope some of the things I mentioned doesn't discourage you and the things where I praised you will help you in your creative work.

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

Biggering

Jul 23, 2022
Not gonna lie, I agree with the comments, that MC don't feel like he suited for his job. Even his alternate personalities provide quite controversial help. Another thing that drags the game down is the sandbox elements that serve no purpose, the story is linear, and few interactions that we have in home, doesn't justify the existence of said system. Still, despite this clear disadvantages I played till the end, the writing and those dream sequences of alternate personalities keep me going. Again, I think the MC's first personality is a representation of lazy, uninteresting person who just burns his life and just wants to be left in that state. I have seen such type of character in some anime, can't recall the name, but I also played the game Meteor world Actor with such exact character trope. The only difference is that, there the main protagonist actually knowing his stuff, and he always does the bare minimum of work, knows a lot of tricks to make sure he doesn't strain himself too much, or subject himself to unnecessary risks, so in the end he would get his paycheck, so he can burn it down for a drink. That isn't the most charismatic character to watch, and especially not to play, so I didn't go through the second games in this series. In this game, it would be possible to give the main character some resemblance from that one, in the sense that he would at least understand his profession, and in addition to this, his alternate personalities could give a lot of options in resolving upcoming situations (giving various outcoms bad, neutral or good). And frankly, I plan to follow this game for a while and see if the player will have the ability to influence the story.
And the most good part of this game, it's probably the horror sequences. I noticed that horror genre not that very popular among adult games, and the ones I played, was barely resemble any uneasy, uncomfortable atmosphere. But this game is different, I really fell uncomfortable during the main character's mental breakdowns, partly is the reason why I'm writing this comment. That scene with the mirror in school, was quick, I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but the girl standing behind him, was creepy as f**. I really like it. I liked this horror elements and map design during his dreams, and I really would like to see if you ever want to create a horror game. You're already good with the writing (some problems can be fixed with experience, I believe) and you can create mystery around your story, I think it could turn out in something cool. The only thing I'm not yet sure, because it wasn't fleshed out in game yet, is how the sex scenes will be presented. Will they be like really sexy, so you'll think that you came not for wrong address to read some romantic story. That's also the important question for me.

In any case, I wish you good luck with development, I hope some of the things I mentioned doesn't discourage you and the things where I praised you will help you in your creative work.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment, feedback is always appreciated.
Trying to explain the sandbox part of the game... as a developer I can say... I add everything I need, if I add a sandbox system, is because I have ideas, but I don't rush anything in the process, I check everything works as intended and I start to create more from there, the system works?... fine, now I can add more things to it, don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea to release an incomplete game either, that's why the game has the tag "in development" if it was for me, the game would not be available yet, but I need people to help me.

Talking about the MC personality, everything in the story has a reason, if you think the MC is a jerk, it's fine, if you think the MC is not capacitated for his job, it's fine, if you think is something wrong about the MC ... then... I did a good job writing his personality so far, I don't want to make any spoilers, you can read it on the game page, Broken Dreams is a story about personal growth...or##########
To be fair, I guess you can go back here when the game is completed and say if the main character is a good or bad character. And sorry if I said something grammatically incorrect, I'm learning English. I'm trying my best to create a good game.

Reactions: LuanDechasere

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
OK Sandbox feels like a waste nothing you can do with it at all. Now to the story the opening scene said you were dying and they needed all the blood they could get. Now your supposedly not hurt badly can only go a few places and have very little interaction in a dead world.

Now my thoughts on the game.

I'm thinking that you are in a coma and your actually dreaming all this the interaction maybe and experiment to help you to cope. After all it says your broken and it sounds more like in a mental way and not a physical so almost like a Matrix type vibe here. The stranger can't tell you who she is for fear of breaking what little remains of you while your in the coma hoping to bring you out of it.

All of this would explain the nearly empty world and city as his own thoughts stated his entire life was his 2 friends and work nothing else. So if he was in a dream per say his mind would not fill in the world with a bunch of strangers.

Anybody else have thoughts on this or there ideas?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Hey dev, liking the game a lot so far. It's a slow burn with romance and I appreciate that. All the girls have something going for them, and you actually got me to like the violent tsundere. mostly because you show her being cornered by mommy and daddy and that's great.

Caught these typos (check file names) AND a pretty serious bug whenever you talk to Natsumi. I think it's just a typo in the code for when she wants to say MC's name:
View attachment traceback.txt
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Biggering

Biggering

Jul 23, 2022
v0.3 has been available for Patreons since April 26, May 3, and May 10. When's the Public Update then?

Until the next release for patrons (0.4), to be more precise, patrons are a whole update ahead, sorry if it's taking a little bit more than expected, I did a few changes trying to explain and connect events of the story with the free-use mode, at the end of the day, that mode isn't supposed to calm people that have been waiting for h-content, you can even found your answers and learn more about the girls there, so, I think I'm making a good decision with the delay here, however, I'm finishing all the renders, and then the translation process is not going to be so long, we're close to the next release.

Reactions: Dimmuborrgir

TheLarceny

Apr 26, 2022
Until the next release for patrons (0.4), to be more precise, patrons are a whole update ahead, sorry if it's taking a little bit more than expected, I did a few changes trying to explain and connect events of the story with the free-use mode, at the end of the day, that mode isn't supposed to calm people that have been waiting for h-content, you can even found your answers and learn more about the girls there, so, I think I'm making a good decision with the delay here, however, I'm finishing all the renders, and then the translation process is not going to be so long, we're close to the next release.
There would be any free use mode for natsumi in 0.3 or 0.4?

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes