4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Why do you say 3+ months? I don't understand, I checked the release dates and that's not true, maybe I'm missing something
Sounds like you did not realize how long it has been.

Public:

December 17, 2022 by #Public release

July 30, 2023

Patreon:

April 26, 2023 by

August 05, 2023 by

So over 3 months for Patreon and 7 months for Public.

Biggering

Jul 23, 2022

Public:

July 30, 2023

Patreon:

April 26, 2023 by Biggering

Public:

July 30, 2023

Patreon:

April 26, 2023 by

August 05, 2023 by

August 05, 2023 by

Oh, now I know what you meant, and you need to add the 0.2.1 version that was released on January 31st, which was a whole rework that added more than 1000 images and bug fixes, so 3 months for Patreon and 6 for public

I don't know if you are aware of this, but I think many people haven't thought about it and they are accusing me of taking a lot of time between public updates: The monetization method that I've been using these past versions is releasing a public release at the same time that an exclusive release for patrons, so, patrons have the newest update. Why I'm doing this? because it works for me and the project. As a player, you can have your own opinion: Oh! I want public versions faster because that's not fair! You can play only by paying! Look, I'm very happy if it works for other devs that way, but every project is different, with different necessities, I can give you a list of why this game takes a lot of time, but probably I'm repeating the same thing over and over again, but you can check it out here if you have the time:

View attachment 2789604
I know that has been a lot of time since I said that, but please, I just want to create a good product, a worthy product, I don't want to play the victim here, but how can I keep developing the game without a constant money income? all those new patrons are the reason why I can keep doing this, and let me tell you something: This game requires a lot of time., I have to create all my scenarios in Blender, export and import them into the Studio app, I have to create custom animations and custom sounds, write the game script in a language different than English, I have to ask for help, and rewrite all the text again, I have to help with the proofreading, I created my own shadowing system, I have to create my custom UI, and finally fix bugs (ALONE). Dude... calm down, I do this because I love doing this. I want quality, I don't understand why people start to hate the game just because it takes a lot of time in being updated, and surprisingly, these kinds of comments are from people that don't support the game on Patreon, if you have the money to support, go ahead, if you don't, don't worry, I don't expect more from my players, I'm very happy because other devs are able to develop faster than me, but that doesn't mean that this game has to be the same way, trust me, I'm trying to be fast as possible.
Now, you need to have two updates ready if you want to apply this monetization method, I just had the 0.3 version for patrons at that time, and I knew that my decision would create confusion and people saying that I take too long, but that's not the case, the 0.4 version will be released the same day as 0.5 for patrons, that was just an exception, and it's not gonna happen again, I hope I've made myself clear here, there are still many people asking me if 0.4 it's gonna be free someday, obviously yes!

Stop being rude to devs who only want to bring something new to the market, This game a few months ago was not receiving any support, and now we are what we are because we are doing things right, I'm learning, and my goal it's always developing faster with better quality, you can hate my decision to make the newest version exclusive, but actually we need that support for 3D assets, music, and who knows... maybe voice acting in the future.

I can see that you are a fan of other games made with Koikatsu and those games develop faster, which is great, but look at the details of every project and you'll see why this game is different, We need to use Blender and Unity, if others game don't do it, it's fine, as I said, every project is different, I'm just trying to say... It's unfair to receive hate because the game doesn't fit YOUR standards.

Nov 1, 2022

Public:

July 30, 2023

Patreon:

April 26, 2023 by

August 05, 2023 by

Now normally I'm all for critisizing devs that only milk their product by providing as little effort as possible while getting all that patreon money.
But this guy really seems to put in a lot of effort. Now I haven't played 0.4 yet since I'm not paying, but I've seen previews on... you know... bad boy websites. And I don't want to judge it yet since it were only previews, but from my experience with these kind of games I'm pretty sure that this game is far above your standard koikatsu hentai game. like actually putting in work with the animations, and probably also the writing (from what I've heard, can't judge the writing as well as the animations from a first glance so I'll just have to go with what people are saying).
I'll give a thorough review when 0.4 is playable but again, from what I've seen so far I'm pretty convinced that you have a dev here that actually cares and wants to deliver a good game. If I'm wrong, then I'll see when the time comes and write about my expierence.
of course you can be disappointed that it takes so long, but that's something you can't change with a small team or even one man game developer.
If you want monthly releases there are plenty games like that already. but then you'll have to accept like 5 copy&paste animations with swapped models per months and like 100 new words of dialogue. and for that they get patreon money in the thousands.

JuanokuG4

Dec 26, 2018
That nightmare sequence genuinely scared the FUCK out of me. Didn't help that i was playing it at 2 am
Some fuckin "criminal criminal criminal" vhs horror shit
9/10 needs more lewds but it's on its way. Love the characters

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Wow, this is that one game where the Patreon version got released for the longest time but never releasing it publicly right? What happened here?

LurkingReader

Jan 10, 2022
Wow, this is that one game where the Patreon version got released for the longest time but never releasing it publicly right? What happened here?
The creator has said that the free version is gonna be one version behind the patreon version. If you check the discord you can see that the game isn't abandonded, but slowly progressing.

Mar 2, 2023
That nightmare sequence genuinely scared the FUCK out of me. Didn't help that i was playing it at 2 am
Some fuckin "criminal criminal criminal" vhs horror shit
9/10 needs more lewds but it's on its way. Love the characters
I felt the exact same way, but it was also one of the coolest experience i have seen on this site in terms of horor in friendly and comforting games.

chronocrest

Mar 12, 2019
Is that on Patreon, or has the dev communicated that with F95? Otherwise, they won't drop the abandoned tag.
both on their itch and patreon, was just posted a couple of days ago. Not sure if the Dev has talked to F95 about it tho.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BrokenDreams-0.3.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
This game requires a lot of time., I have to create all my scenarios in Blender, export and import them into the Studio app, I have to create custom animations and custom sounds, write the game script in a language different than English, I have to ask for help, and rewrite all the text again, I have to help with the proofreading, I created my own shadowing system, I have to create my custom UI, and finally fix bugs (ALONE). Dude... calm down, I do this because I love doing this. I want quality, I don't understand why people start to hate the game just because it takes a lot of time in being updated, and surprisingly, these kinds of comments are from people that don't support the game on Patreon, if you have the money to support, go ahead, if you don't, don't worry, I don't expect more from my players, I'm very happy because other devs are able to develop faster than me, but that doesn't mean that this game has to be the same way, trust me, I'm trying to be fast as possible.
Idk if you still come around here, but something to consider trying if you haven't already, would be to have patrons or certain tiers of patrons alpha/beta test new parts of the game for you as you're working toward completing a new chapter. It might not necessarily make testing faster, depending on your process, but it's unlikely to make it slower and should, at the very least, allow you to catch more bugs than you would be able to on your own.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes