VN Ren'Py Abandoned Broken Hearts Club [Ep. 1-2 v0.2.1] [PsychIntent]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
seamanq

The abandonment tag goes by activity if a patreon hasn't seen any activity in 3 months a thread gets the abandoned tag your patreon hasn't had a post in almost 6 months. To prevent from getting the tag you should update your patreon off and on with little updates on how the game is coming along and stuff like that because if we don't see any activity then we'll start thinking it's either dead or abandoned.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Is it still ridiculously slow in development, you're working in secret and seclusion and are going to surprise us all these days? ;):)
Trying to do my best to support my family during the pandemic. I will get back to this when I have time to. Patreon closed my page (which is ok, because I suspended taking payments ages ago).

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Trying to do my best to support my family during the pandemic. I will get back to this when I have time to. Patreon closed my page (which is ok, because I suspended taking payments ages ago).
Stay safe, stay healthy and all the best to you and your loved ones! :)

Reactions: ZeroSomeGame

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
the tag abandoned and suspended money payments is not a good combo sounds like you got the money you needed so you thought to yourself why keep working on the game (that's what it sounds like to me at least)
but during this pandemic stay safe

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
ArmoredCascade

The abandoned tag is added by the F95 admin when anything hits 3 months of no activity on here on their patreon or wherever they are active at the DEV themselves never stated that the game was abandoned they just never updated their patreon at all to keep it from getting tagged abandoned here. Most if not all of your post doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe they suspended money payments because they don't want to be like the rest of the fucking milkers that leave it on and getting money each month for not doing or uploading anything.

• Love
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
ArmoredCascade

The abandoned tag is added by the F95 admin when anything hits 3 months of no activity on here on their patreon or wherever they are active at the DEV themselves never stated that the game was abandoned they just never updated their patreon at all to keep it from getting tagged abandoned here. Most if not all of your post doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe they suspended money payments because they don't want to be like the rest of the fucking milkers that leave it on and getting money each month for not doing or uploading anything.
Thanks for the support, and you are 100% correct. I suspended payments because I did not feel that it was right to continue charging, even if it was a few dollars a month, if I wasn't actively developing the game.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I think that changing it from the Abandoned tag to the On hold tag would be more appropriate in this case since the Dev HAS communicated & confirmed that the game is in fact not abandoned.
I do agree with you. I have been communicating all along, but the staff made that decision. If you feel that way, you can let them know by going to the original post in this thread (where the game was announced) and go to the very bottom and click "report". This will let you send a message directly to the F95zone moderators. Thank you for your interest and support.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Good thing you warned me. I was considering moving my scene with Mandi from the diner to a coffee shop anyway. You think the windows there would be any safer?
If your still working on this then post a small update and then tell the mods to mark it on hold and they will do it.

You own this thread and you maybe able to change it to on hold your self, have you tried that yet?

Also if your not going to keep patreon alive for this game then you may want to remove the patreon link.

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
If your still working on this then post a small update and then tell the mods to mark it on hold and they will do it.

You own this thread and you maybe able to change it to on hold your self, have you tried that yet?

Also if your not going to keep patreon alive for this game then you may want to remove the patreon link.
Thanks for the very useful suggestions. I actually forgot that I owned the original post, so I made the changes you suggested. Patreon actually took down my page because it had not been used in so long, so I have removed it from all the appropriate places. Thank you.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I do agree with you. I have been communicating all along, but the staff made that decision. If you feel that way, you can let them know by going to the original post in this thread (where the game was announced) and go to the very bottom and click "report". This will let you send a message directly to the F95zone moderators. Thank you for your interest and support.
Good deal. It seems you already got it fixed. Glad to see that resolved for you.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Good thing you warned me. I was considering moving my scene with Mandi from the diner to a coffee shop anyway. You think the windows there would be any safer?
That was actually a joke about Grimtown's profile pic. The "Do you read Sutter Kane" line comes from the Movie "In the Mouth of Madness". Good movie actually, Part of John Carpenter's "apocalypse" series. Anyway, there was a scene where the protag & another character were sitting in a diner talking & one of the antagonist's goons put's a fire ax through the big plate glass window next to them, then climbs in & asks the protag "Do you read Sutter Cane?"

Here's a clip:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
That was actually a joke about Grimtown's profile pic. The "Do you read Sutter Kane" line comes from the Movie "In the Mouth of Madness". Good movie actually, Part of John Carpenter's "apocalypse" series. Anyway, there was a scene where the protag & another character were sitting in a diner talking & one of the antagonist's goons put's a fire ax through the big plate glass window next to them, then climbs in & asks the protag "Do you read Sutter Cane?"

Here's a clip:
Hey... pssst... over here... join me in this dark corner of the thread so the dev won't notice the comment.
I think seamanq got the reference, hence the "You think the windows there would be any safer?".
Just act casual now, nobody else saw the whooosh.

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroSomeGame

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Hey... pssst... over here... join me in this dark corner of the thread so the dev won't notice the comment.
I think seamanq got the reference, hence the "You think the windows there would be any safer?".
I think you might be right. That went right over my head. In all fairness, I posted while working, so I was semi distracted. Also, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet. & the sun was in my eyes... Yeah.. We'll go with that.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I had no clue about the cultural reference. Thanks for the enlightenment :p

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes