VN Ren'Py Abandoned Broken Hearts Club [Ep. 1-2 v0.2.1] [PsychIntent]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I played this game a while ago but, for some reasons, I inexplicably failed to comment on this game here. Since it has been a little while, my memories may be a bit patchy here and there but I will try my best here. @seamanq I wanted to say that, first of all, I think the story is strong and good overall. I actually enjoyed and am looking forward to seeing what comes next. Good job on this game so far. Keep it up!

The dialogue between MC (main character) and his niece Shane about trust and the potentially harmful impact of pursuing such a relationship at such a young age was actually great. And I really loved MC's fatherly and caring acts for his daughter Sandi following the rape. The MC is someone who I can actually empathize with, unlike the male MC of many other games who seems to generally try to exploit the bad circumstances of their female counterparts. (1) I also personally prefer the actual romance so this is more in line with my preferences in general.

I was already familiar with , since I frequently browsed the Wikipedia (I am a history buff so blame that xD), which was a Clinton administration initiative (most of my times growing up was under that President). But I didn't know that this legislation could be used for in case of a rape occurring to a child. Interesting, never thought about that potential application of this legislation.

Nevertheless, I think that speaks to certain educational values of this game and I think this is a deliberate purpose of the game, among other purposes. Obviously, the ultimate purpose of games are entertainment. But this doesn't mean that games can't be educating and entertaining at the same time. Game franchises like SimCity and Europa Universalis definitely has shown the real potential of the so-called .

All in all, I wish you the best and I will be keeping my eyes on the development of this game. Good luck!

Notes
(1) I should make it clear to anyone who is reading here that "empathy" and "sympathy" is different. "Empathy" is understanding others, putting yourself in their shoe whereas "sympathy" is an act of feeling pity for another person. I am sure I got the definitions a bit wrong but I can tell you that they are very different and are not same thing.

EDITED: Fixed the link to the first Wikipedia article cited here.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I played this game a while ago but, for some reasons, I inexplicably failed to comment on this game here. Since it has been a little while, my memories may be a bit patchy here and there but I will try my best here. @seamanq I wanted to say that, first of all, I think the story is strong and good overall. I actually enjoyed and am looking forward to seeing what comes next. Good job on this game so far. Keep it up!

The dialogue between MC (main character) and his niece Shane about trust and the potentially harmful impact of pursuing such a relationship at such a young age was actually great. And I really loved MC's fatherly and caring acts for his daughter Sandi following the rape. The MC is someone who I can actually empathize with, unlike the male MC of many other games who seems to generally try to exploit the bad circumstances of their female counterparts. (1) I also personally prefer the actual romance so this is more in line with my preferences in general.

I was already familiar with , since I frequently browsed the Wikipedia (I am a history buff so blame that xD), which was a Clinton administration initiative (most of my times growing up was under that President). But I didn't know that this legislation could be used for in case of a rape occurring to a child. Interesting, never thought about that potential application of this legislation.

Nevertheless, I think that speaks to certain educational values of this game and I think this is a deliberate purpose of the game, among other purposes. Obviously, the ultimate purpose of games are entertainment. But this doesn't mean that games can't be educating and entertaining at the same time. Game franchises like SimCity and Europa Universalis definitely has shown the real potential of the so-called .

All in all, I wish you the best and I will be keeping my eyes on the development of this game. Good luck!

Notes
(1) I should make it clear to anyone who is reading here that "empathy" and "sympathy" is different. "Empathy" is understanding others, putting yourself in their shoe whereas "sympathy" is an act of feeling pity for another person. I am sure I got the definitions a bit wrong but I can tell you that they are very different and are not same thing.

EDITED: Fixed the link to the first Wikipedia article cited here.
Thanks for the kind comments. I am going to put this game on short hiatus because my situation at present can't support consistent releases. I am also putting my Patreon on hold so none of my patrons will be charged in the process. You are right about FMLA. Each state implements it the way they want, my application of it was the way it is implemented in California, where the story in the game is based. Quite frankly I was surprised to find this out myself, but it's a good thing because it's so necessary.

Yes, you are right that edutainment is part of the purpose, although I have yet to find the audience for this game and have limited support thus far. I hope in the next month or two to be able to release another episode to at least keep people interested and let them know I haven't given up completely on the project. It's just that my life has suddenly become crazy busy and I have to prioritize. You got the application of empathize right as well, which means to feel the same feelings another person is having.

And you are absolutely right about my not wanting to make this game about another MC who will stick his dick in the first hole that passes by and then "wham bam thank you mam" (yes, Teenage Dirtbag, I mean you). I will continue to write and develop the story and hope that future episodes can continue to entertain my albeit small audience.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I really hope there will be an actual scene with Sandi at the party in the next updates.
Thanks for asking, but no. I have no intentions of including actual NTR in this story or rape. Next episode will feature more development of the storyline with Mandy as well as introducing Paula and continuing to develop the school saga that Sandi and Shane are involved with. I am toying with an idea of even doing the "campaign speeches" of dirbag Frank against his opponent Brenda and the surprise I have in mind for him. It should be fun. Stay tuned.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
One of the early players of the game (when it was in Alpha) put Mandy attends "to my nuts." However, when the MC asks, hey, how are things going at to my nuts, it won't make a whole lot of sense. Hey, it's a free country. I've had programmer types recommend that I limit the number of characters, but then I couldn't play as BiggusDickus, so I leave the number of characters open. If an overly-long name makes their text window display wonky, that's on them.
What if I want to call my character "Wodewick"? Lol

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I think it's a very special and rare game but maybe there's too much (psychologic) dialogues so far and some guys think it's too boring and blue balls-content. My english isn't the best, so I've personaly few probs to understand the conversations and have to check some words at translator. But I think/hope in the next updates the game become more lewd content, so I guess the reviews are going to be better.

(Guys, I wrote these words without translator, so I'm curious about my english, would be great to hear your opinion and if you understand me good (via DM too) and corrections are welcome, thanks!)
First, the English was easy to understand so you are doing good. Second, there are sex scenes in both the first and second episodes, the second one with two different angles. Many good games do not have sex scenes for the first few. This is a video novel with sex scenes. It is not a sex novel with a few words written to make it stick together. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I don't know whatever you are talking about! <* snigger *>
Well, be careful- I hear he's a wobber and a wapist. ;)

Y'know what? I like you. Lol I'm gonna give your game a try...tbth, I thought I already had then I saw somone's sig on another thread and realized that I had "issues" that called for a reboot and I never did. It was because of the grainy-ish picture with the girl in the shower that made me remember it. :) I read through the comments and this sounds different- I'm looking forward to playing it.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Well, be careful- I hear he's a wobber and a wapist. ;)

Y'know what? I like you. Lol I'm gonna give your game a try...tbth, I thought I already had then I saw somone's sig on another thread and realized that I had "issues" that called for a reboot and I never did. It was because of the grainy-ish picture with the girl in the shower that made me remember it. :) I read through the comments and this sounds different- I'm looking forward to playing it.
Well I hope you enjoy it. Don't be afraid to share your comments ... I haven't been afraid to accept them so far. The scene of her through the shower is grainy because of the water on the glass shower wall, however the side views of her are anything but, once the MC comes around. She also has a much more racy scene in episode 2 (included in the current download). Enjoy!

Reactions: Safetydummy

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Thanks for the kind comments. I am going to put this game on short hiatus because my situation at present can't support consistent releases. I am also putting my Patreon on hold so none of my patrons will be charged in the process. You are right about FMLA. Each state implements it the way they want, my application of it was the way it is implemented in California, where the story in the game is based. Quite frankly I was surprised to find this out myself, but it's a good thing because it's so necessary.
Sorry to hear about the hiatus. Speaking of the patrons, I already had pledged for a number of games and I regret that I cannot pledge any further, as I am but currently a college student with no job right now. But I will gladly give this game my moral support. If I do get a paying job while the game is still in the development, I will gladly pledge here.

Yes, you are right that edutainment is part of the purpose, although I have yet to find the audience for this game and have limited support thus far. I hope in the next month or two to be able to release another episode to at least keep people interested and let them know I haven't given up completely on the project. It's just that my life has suddenly become crazy busy and I have to prioritize. You got the application of empathize right as well, which means to feel the same feelings another person is having.
I applaud your determination to continue this game no matter what. I think it shows your dedication to this project and I think this game, educating and interesting as it is, deserves to be finished to the end. I urge you to not give up, no matter what. Some day, the game may be much more appreciated in future. Hell, some films were box office failure but later became a cult hit.

And you are absolutely right about my not wanting to make this game about another MC who will stick his dick in the first hole that passes by and then "wham bam thank you mam" (yes, Teenage Dirtbag, I mean you). I will continue to write and develop the story and hope that future episodes can continue to entertain my albeit small audience.
I personally don't have a problem with games being about a MC sticking his dick in the first hole he can get. However, I think the market is currently way oversaturated with the games utilizing this basic premise that it gets old and fast (at least for someone like me). And I think there need to be some balance in the market.

Unfortunately and perhaps unsurprisingly, that premise is by far more popular for, where market demographics tends to be overwhelmingly male, most men tends to be less interested in romance and slow build-up while more interested in things to fap off to. Such is the nature of men in general. I am probably in the minority of men that appreciated the actual romance and slow build-up.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
In the case of honey select games you can't really call a meatball on a stick a dick. You call it either the meatball on a stick or slinky dick as the dick is just like a slinky during sex scenes. It never goes in or out it just compresses like a slinky does.

I have started naming 90+% of the MC's horsecockian the fake so that they have a name to match their fake looking horse cock.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Unfortunately and perhaps unsurprisingly, that premise is by far more popular for, where market demographics tends to be overwhelmingly male, most men tends to be less interested in romance and slow build-up while more interested in things to fap off to. Such is the nature of men in general. I am probably in the minority of men that appreciated the actual romance and slow build-up.
I join you in the minority of men that appreciate the actual romance and slow build up of some of these stories.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
I join you in the minority of men that appreciate the actual romance and slow build up of some of these stories.
I think it should depend on the characters personalities and situations they're put in. You should be able to jump in to bed with some quick(day one fucks/parties etc), while others may take longer.

Variety is key. Too much or little gets boring. :p(y)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I think it should depend on the characters personalities and situations they're put in. You should be able to jump in to bed with some quick(day one fucks/parties etc), while others may take longer.

Variety is key. Too much or little gets boring. :p(y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes