VN Ren'Py Abandoned Broken Hearts Club [Ep. 1-2 v0.2.1] [PsychIntent]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Only Doctor's can make the Vagina exam and only they have the rape kit.... police don't have it because they are not medics?
or am i wrong?
For me it's very weird when police do the exam of rape.....
The police were there when the nurse (mom) did the rape kit. Police presence was required to establish the chain of evidence (in case it was challenged in court by the defense).

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Only Doctor's can make the Vagina exam and only they have the rape kit.... police don't have it because they are not medics?
or am i wrong?
For me it's very weird when police do the exam of rape.....
I think its called "poetic licence".

Reactions: seamanq

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
The police were there when the nurse (mom) did the rape kit. Police presence was required to establish the chain of evidence (in case it was challenged in court by the defense).
Yeah i know but she is a nurse couldn't you just put a doctor(1 time use) in only Doctor's are Legally allowed to do it(Germany) don't know if it is in usa diffrent

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah i know but she is a nurse couldn't you just put a doctor(1 time use) in only Doctor's are Legally allowed to do it(Germany) don't know if it is in usa diffrent
The United States is a hodgepodge of laws, with each state making the decision on how they want to regulate. We have a lot of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in this country that have similar abilities to practice medicine to doctors. And as far as I know, doctors are not required to do rape kits, (nor would they want to) in this country anywhere that I am aware of.

Reactions: Safetydummy

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
My bad, sorry @seamanq . Posted the fix in the thread where you pointed the problem.
No worries. Thank you so much for helping me with the code in the first place. Everything appears to be fixed at this point. I will be releasing an update tomorrow, and will encourage everyone to DL it so that their saves (especially if at the end of the epsiode) will work.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Could it be that the "script" is comprised mainly from PSA handouts for foolish white-knight types? - sarcasm

Good luck to the dev though. :)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Could it be that the "script" is comprised mainly from PSA handouts for foolish white-knight types? - sarcasm

The part of the game I got to before deleting from my hard drive - The MC talked the shower girl out of having sex with him.

WTF, the MC has to be gay, straight men do not talk themselves out of sexual experiences when hot chicks want to have sex with them.

I could not endure the "no fun" (which was all of it for me) content of the game.

I will pass on this game in the future.

Good luck to the dev though. :)
You didn't read the script fully. He didn't totally pass on it ... he just said not now. At a future point in the game, the viewer will have the option to pick which path they want to take ... but each path has particular consequences. And not every man is a horn dog with the self-control of a horny 16-year-old male.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
@seamanq

Get a traceback error trying to load any saves if you save the game at

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A new version has been released and is now in the OP. I would encourage everyone to download this as saves made after the final sex scene in Episode 2 may be corrupted. Thanks to @myuhinny for pointing it out to me and working through the beta versions as it got fixed, and thanks to @anne O'nymous for helping with the code in the first place as well as finding what was wrong with the code and fixing it.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
WTF, the MC has to be gay, straight men do not talk themselves out of sexual experiences when hot chicks want to have sex with them.
Well, if they have few neurons, yes they do, knowing for sure that a missed sex now is nothing in comparison of all the sex they will have later with the same girl.
He's not in a shower at the gym with a chick he'll probably never see again. He's with a neighbor/relative (depend if you applied the patch or nor). She'll not go out of the shower thinking that he's right and she shouldn't have sex with him. No, she'll go out wanting to try harder, ready to more compromise to achieve her goal.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Well, if they have few neurons, yes they do, knowing for sure that a missed sex now is nothing in comparison of all the sex they will have later with the same girl.
He's not in a shower at the gym with a chick he'll probably never see again. He's with a neighbor/relative (depend if you applied the patch or nor). She'll not go out of the shower thinking that he's right and she shouldn't have sex with him. No, she'll go out wanting to try harder, ready to more compromise to achieve her goal.
You make some good points. Something I learned in studying human psychology is that the more extreme a persons' behavior is on the outside, the more is going on "under the hood" and within that person's psyche. Lindsay Lohan and Demi Lovato are two good examples of young women who struggled with being abandoned by fathers at young ages, and it manifested in extreme (and sometimes bizarre) external behavior. Shane seems hell bent on doing everything she can to get the MC into bed, however could it be, just maybe, that she doesn't know how to get intimacy and closeness, and she is using sex to self-medicate? Things aren't always what they appear to be on the surface. Being raised by a single mom, it is doubtless that the absence of a father in her life has impacted her deeply.

An argument could be made that the MC sees Shane's exterior behavior but detects that something else is going on. By holding back, he could be in a position to be a gentle and genuine caring male influence in her life that she just hasn't had. Or, he could say next time she hurls herself at him screw it, I'm gonna get me some of that. Viewers of the VN will have to make their call on that, but all choices have consequences, some we see right away, and many that don't become apparent until much later. I realize this style of story won't appeal to a lot of people who want an MC that sticks his dick into any female that comes along, and that's ok. But I'm getting a lot of people who are saying "finally, an MC that's not a crazy sexed-up teenager."

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Hi myuhinny,

- talked the niece out of having sex with her uncle

In my game they were just neighbors (like the other female couples in the beginning of my game) so I don't get your point. :(
You can choose at the beginning of the game to make them family instead of neighbors

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Hi annO'nymous,

The girl was portrayed as horny neighbor in my game. I guess the way we as players were suppose to play the scene out was to further the girl's seduction of the MC somehow.

Man I hate female meaningless mind games, just say what you mean and get on with it. :(

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
I'm glad you found the reward worth the hassle it took to get there. I'm glad you noticed that the MC's actions got Mandy's attention (and a bit of respect). It might be interesting to see where that takes him.
Hi seamanq,

Thanks for the reply and offering your game but it is just not for me.

Good luck.

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes