VN Ren'Py Abandoned Broken Hearts Club [Ep. 1-2 v0.2.1] [PsychIntent]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I honestly do not know. I don't have any experience installing this on an RCA device. I have tested it on a Samsung device with Android version 7.1.1 and it's working fine. I have heard isolated reports of some users having problems installing or using it on older versions of Android. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

estatistics

Mar 7, 2019
Hello from Greece! Funny! Good job! :) I have started to use Ren Py. I am a newbie. Thanks that you gave that for free. I will use some of its code in order to learn. Thanks.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hello from Greece! Funny! Good job! :) I have started to use Ren Py. I am a newbie. Thanks that you gave that for free. I will use some of its code in order to learn. Thanks.
Be careful learning from me. I am very new as well. Go to the forum for some good support for both Daz 3D as well as Ren'py.

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
i dont quite get what is wrong with the banner picture
where is the shoulder?
and are those supposed to be knees?

Jul 19, 2018
Dude. I've been using Daz for just over a month and this is my first complete game. I did work on modifying all of these models. Sandi is based off of Molly, and if you look at Molly, you will see there is scant resemblance between the two because of the work I did to change her. With the exception of Ellen (who is not based on a Daz3D model) I did work on each character to make them look as unique as possible, given my limited experience.
Dude. I've been using Daz for just over a month and this is my first complete game. I did work on modifying all of these models. Sandi is based off of Molly, and if you look at Molly, you will see there is scant resemblance between the two because of the work I did to change her. With the exception of Ellen (who is not based on a Daz3D model) I did work on each character to make them look as unique as possible, given my limited experience.
I'm pretty good in creating original characters in Daz. If you like, I can help out. Free of charge....

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Really nice and refreshing to be able to 'play' an adult male who doesn't act like a horny 12 year old! That alone makes me very happy. :)

Keep up the good work! (y)

Reactions: seamanq

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
There seems to be some potential in this game, but its very short of character scenes.
Lots of diverse dialogue with the characters in the same positions, with the same expressions, Mandy and MC on the pier is a great example.
Descriptions of the characters doing things, yet the images just show them standing there.

The MC is talking to Sandi who adopts the same pose throughout and then Shane arrives and a fixed pose Shane slides across the page, just like a cardboard cutout, I nearly burst out laughing.:)
This does need tidying up.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
i dont quite get what is wrong with the banner picture
where is the shoulder?
and are those supposed to be knees?
Look at the for the full image.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There seems to be some potential in this game, but its very short of character scenes.
Lots of diverse dialogue with the characters in the same positions, with the same expressions, Mandy and MC on the pier is a great example.
Descriptions of the characters doing things, yet the images just show them standing there.

The MC is talking to Sandi who adopts the same pose throughout and then Shane arrives and a fixed pose Shane slides across the page, just like a cardboard cutout, I nearly burst out laughing.:)
This does need tidying up.
Not including the blinking poses, Sandi has 4 diffferent poses in the sprites. This is mainly a sprite-based game, not unlike Daughter for Dessert. So in the conversation with Sandi, the poses do change positions semi-regularly. Shane sliding into the scene is a Ren'py feature and it's designed to "illustrate" her appearing on scene (as it does with Ellen later). Again, this approach is used in DFD as well. This VN is definitely heavy on the story and lighter on the renders, although I am trying to find ways to integrate more renders where they make sense and add value to the story (like the animations in Sandi and Shane's backstory). Some scenes (like Shane watching the movie with the MC) probably could use more renders, and I will work on adding more down the line. Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Reactions: UncleVT

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And Mandy is my?? humm... Maid lol
One of the early players of the game (when it was in Alpha) put Mandy attends "to my nuts." However, when the MC asks, hey, how are things going at to my nuts, it won't make a whole lot of sense. Hey, it's a free country. I've had programmer types recommend that I limit the number of characters, but then I couldn't play as BiggusDickus, so I leave the number of characters open. If an overly-long name makes their text window display wonky, that's on them.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Truthfully, that is exactly what I was going for. I'm glad it amused you :p

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
so far i like it but it feels like the plot points can be a bit um throw together for the entire first episode it felt like you had completely forgotten about the rape plot point

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
so far i like it but it feels like the plot points can be a bit um throw together for the entire first episode it felt like you had completely forgotten about the rape plot point
Not so much. In the conversation between the MC and Sandi, Sandi reports that Franks' father used his influence to get the investigation to prosecute Frank (the rapist) down. That's where Shane gets involved and launches Part I of Making Frank Pay. There will be a lot more of that down the line.

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
Only Doctor's can make the Vagina exam and only they have the rape kit.... police don't have it because they are not medics?
or am i wrong?
For me it's very weird when police do the exam of rape.....

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes