VN Ren'Py Abandoned Broken Hearts Club [Ep. 1-2 v0.2.1] [PsychIntent]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
I tried this out and right now its just an "eh". The visuals arent good but I hope this dev gets better and sticks with it because the story itself has potential, but the models dont do it for me at all.

Reactions: botc76

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
There is also the possibility for incest in this game. No patch is required, and the relationships that will trigger future incest content are daughter for Sandi, and niece for Shane, when setting up the game. Obviously, this information could not be posted to Patreon.
All well and good - but that puts us in the position where his ex-wife doesn't know what he does for a living, he doesn't know what she does for a living or where she works ... and he has to ask his "daughter" questions that sound ridiculous given their relationship

Granted, it's all information the player needs, but it seems there could have been some kind of rewrite for that route...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
All well and good - but that puts us in the position where his ex-wife doesn't know what he does for a living, he doesn't know what she does for a living or where she works ... and he has to ask his "daughter" questions that sound ridiculous given their relationship

Granted, it's all information the player needs, but it seems there could have been some kind of rewrite for that route...
If they have been out of touch for many years, this isn't unbelievable on both scores. Text breaks are already fixed in my production version, and will be resolved in the next alpha release shortly.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i just played it.

here my honest thougth about it (personnal , i dont talk for everybody)

- the renders are good

- the game seems good and story is ok.

- they are wayyyy too much text with few renders. my opinion is you should make maximum 5 sentences of text per renders. it give the game more "life", because honestly its pretty boring to read text again and again without a change on the renders/background. you can do that, but limit it at 5 sentence of text by renders, overwise its turn boring quickly because peoples dont want to read a book with images on it, they want a game with some "actions" on it (whatever is the action, a char that move, a sex scene ,etc..)

- This is probably my worse point about the game.... but its just my own opinion soo it doesnt count alots. The chars need... something. honestly they are weird, some are ugly (yup, sorry, just my taste, but i think Carla is ugly.. sorry again.), but its hard to see the neighbor and her daughter they doesnt fit imho, she is too young or her daughter is too old.. i dont know.

but its a start soo i wait and see where it goes. maybe a great game. only futur will tell.
( my own game was also super shitty at start.. and its still super shitty.). but yup... can be good, it have a good skeleton, just need more flesh to see it good :D.

keep it up and good luck ! :)

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
Bad: the lightning in every images are too dark. Characters are not good looking. Too many texts to read. Good: Story line is interesting. The game has potential. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Hoostevall

Aug 15, 2017
@seamanq I'll be honest, I've scrolled past this game on multiple occasions and the models face in the screenshot threw me a little, BUT after reading your responses to the community and seeing a caring dev I've seen past my rather petty concerns and will absolutely give this game a try/download.:D It's refreshing to see a dev try something new, taking Daz assets and making them their own, and for that I salute you good sir/madam! Also I see that you have a pretty good head on those shoulders, which means we might finally get the game that was promised ;)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Bad: the lightning in every images are too dark. Characters are not good looking. Too many texts to read. Good: Story line is interesting. The game has potential. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Dear JK:

I hate to disappoint, but this is going to be a text-heavy story. I'm a writer first. However, I will try to include good renders when needed, and will also work on providing high quality animations. Only time will tell if I can meet the desires of the community. Also, my ability to proceed is going to be dependent on how much support I get. I am working on uploading the 0.95 alpha which responds to many of the concerns expressed by my early alpha users. BTW -- I really appreciate everyone that was willing to download the alpha release and give their unvarnished (and sometimes harsh) suggestions. I took them all to heart and changed the things that I feel really needed changing.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
@seamanq I'll be honest, I've scrolled past this game on multiple occasions and the models face in the screenshot threw me a little, BUT after reading your responses to the community and seeing a caring dev I've seen past my rather petty concerns and will absolutely give this game a try/download.:D It's refreshing to see a dev try something new, taking Daz assets and making them their own, and for that I salute you good sir/madam! Also I see that you have a pretty good head on those shoulders, which means we might finally get the game that was promised ;)
What I am able to do is going to be contingent upon the support I get. I still have to make a living, and if I can't attract enough patrons, then my ability to continue this project is going to be compromised. You are right, however. I do care very much (sometimes too much). I had to beat down the perfectionist side of me to upload this alpha in the first place, because I knew there were parts of it that were rough (which many of the alpha testers pointed out). I have revised the Mandy model because I know she was problematic. I will work on Sandi and see what I can do to improve her as well, but it won't be in this release, because I was dealing with too many other issues that were raised. This whole process has given me a new appreciation of all of the minute details that game developers have to deal with that the public never sees.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
i just played it.

here my honest thougth about it (personnal , i dont talk for everybody)

- the renders are good

- This is probably my worse point about the game.... but its just my own opinion soo it doesnt count alots. The chars need... something. honestly they are weird, some are ugly (yup, sorry, just my taste, but i think Carla is ugly.. sorry again.), but its hard to see the neighbor and her daughter they doesnt fit imho, she is too young or her daughter is too old.. i dont know.
How are the renders good, if the characters are ugly? Aren't they part of the renders? Also, the renders don't seem particularly good, even if you set aside the design/look of the characters. The lighting and shading for example is very flat.
Not trying to start a fight, but I found this part of your review a bit unclear.

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
What I am able to do is going to be contingent upon the support I get. I still have to make a living, and if I can't attract enough patrons, then my ability to continue this project is going to be compromised. You are right, however. I do care very much (sometimes too much). I had to beat down the perfectionist side of me to upload this alpha in the first place, because I knew there were parts of it that were rough (which many of the alpha testers pointed out). I have revised the Mandy model because I know she was problematic. I will work on Sandi and see what I can do to improve her as well, but it won't be in this release, because I was dealing with too many other issues that were raised. This whole process has given me a new appreciation of all of the minute details that game developers have to deal with that the public never sees.
Good luck!!! Itll prolly take a while to attract a ton of patrons but hopefully if you can address the concerns stated here youll get some good attention. As other people have mentioned, the story is good, but the character models need work. Maybe you should try to partner with a 3d artist? Theres gotta be people on this site that can create good CGs but dont have the ability to write a story. Im rooting for you

D

Deleted member 603338

Renders need some work and the script is all over the place. If you set them as ex-wife and daughter, the whole first conversation over dinner is ragged, at best. He knows absolutely nothing about them and they do not know he spent a lot of time in the area? Neither knows what the other does for a living?

Reactions: fugazi666

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Renders need some work and the script is all over the place. If you set them as ex-wife and daughter, the whole first conversation over dinner is ragged, at best. He knows absolutely nothing about them and they do not know he spent a lot of time in the area? Neither knows what the other does for a living?
that has already been gone over. If you have not talked or seen your ex or son/daughter for a long period of time you will not know what they do for a living. I personally havnt talked to my ex for 14 yrs i have no clue what she does for a living. I mean geez people how hard is it to think of this.

D

Deleted member 603338

that has already been gone over. If you have not talked or seen your ex or son/daughter for a long period of time you will not know what they do for a living. I personally havnt talked to my ex for 14 yrs i have no clue what she does for a living. I mean geez people how hard is it to think of this.
nonsense...he has no idea his ex wife went to college to be a nurse! So they had the child in high school and never spoke again? They also do not know that he spend a lot of time when he was younger in the exact town they now all live in? If he has not spoken to his ex or his daughter at all in all of these years, then the rest of the story is even more non-believable because there is no way they would both be immediately accepting of him and bringing him dinner and allowing him to be such a major part of their life. You can feel that this would be believable, if you like, for me it is not.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
nonsense...he has no idea his ex wife went to college to be a nurse! So they had the child in high school and never spoke again? They also do not know that he spend a lot of time when he was younger in the exact town they now all live in? If he has not spoken to his ex or his daughter at all in all of these years, then the rest of the story is even more non-believable because there is no way they would both be immediately accepting of him and bringing him dinner and allowing him to be such a major part of their life. You can feel that this would be believable, if you like, for me it is not.
then dont play and stop coming in this thread being a butthead. and yes it is possible they had a kid in High school it happens unfortunatly. And maybe they dont know he spent a lot of time in that exact town you have no clue. And how do you know they wouldnt be accepting him and bringing him dinner maybe they want to reconnect or something. Maybe they want to set him up just to fuck with him later. Who knows you dont i dont only the Dev knows what is going on. Again i say if you dont like it just go away.

Reactions: seamanq
D

Deleted member 603338

then dont play and stop coming in this thread being a butthead. and yes it is possible they had a kid in High school it happens unfortunatly. And maybe they dont know he spent a lot of time in that exact town you have no clue. And how do you know they wouldnt be accepting him and bringing him dinner maybe they want to reconnect or something. Maybe they want to set him up just to fuck with him later. Who knows you dont i dont only the Dev knows what is going on. Again i say if you dont like it just go away.
Or...you could mind your own business. I put a post with my opinion and you decided to put your opinion over top of mine. I did not ask you to comment on what I think of the game.

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes