VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
the renders are nice and the story seems like it could be promising,but the fact that every girl is falling for the mc right away is something I don't really like,especially since the mc's flirting is quite awkward. Also,those internal dialogues are hard to read sometimes,especially when LI's are swooning over mc's every word. the fact that mc is so hung up on Vanessa and blames himself for breaking that promise when in fact he couldn't do anything to uphold it cause it was a punishment( he tried to meet with her despite that) is a bit overdramatic. I love the models and the premise but maybe stop trying to beat WVM in getting girls to fall in love with the mc in a heartbeat. Also that teacher who has an orgasm when mc just kisses her or some shit is just so hilarious lmao. wishing best of luck to dev and can't wait to see how will the story develop and hopefully with less internal dialogue lol

Reactions: Yennefer and Chimba

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Okay gotta ask... sorry Zoey if this tag annoys you... but 0.1 as in demo or this 0.1 full release? i'm a bit confused with this Version numbers... and in my defense you are sometimes hella fast with ur mod updates.
There's like literally one choice

• Haha
Reactions: Chimba

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
I have to admit I was looking forward to this one, here are some thoughts after playing it. The renders are quite good and there's a solid amount of content. The writing however, leaves A LOT to be desired, things are way too over explained, especially with character thoughts. the different languages were cool for a moment but got old really fast. A lot of shock value just for the sake of it, with moments often feeling forced and unnecessarily exagerrated. I'll say that I like the attempt at trying to cover all the characters and their interactions and how they relate with one another. That being said, most of the love interests are totally ruined for me, with alice being the only one without mountains of baggage. Note to devs : please please please for the love of god if you're going to base the premise of your story around a main love interest, a main girl especially if it's a childhood friend, etc.. MAKE SURE YOU CAN HAVE A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, stop adding mountains of unnecessary baggage, I get the premise of painful seperation and all. But having her become a junkie/dealer that has a boyfriend could not be more undesirable. Players are already grasping at straws here to convince themselves that she's still a virgin. In case of Seperated childhood friends that eventually reuinite, especially if they're still in their early 20's, A reuinion story where said Love interest saves herself for protagonist is much more powerful than one where they don't. Also, not enough backstory on the mom with her reveal at the end of the episode being again shock just for the sake of it. Also, PRO TIP: if you're including a LI with a promiscuous past, don't get into the details of how depraved she was. I'm pretty much done with my rant here, but one final point that's directed at devs in general which irritates me deeply when it comes to shaping an MC and their romance . Romance isn't just about fixing broken people, understand that you are allowed to have standards. I'm not saying that a LI should be perfect without baggage and 1 or two is fine while almost every LI falls into this category, but a regular white knight that accepts any woman with any past with out any standards for themselves is nothing but a rebound at best. You find the love interests thinking of where they wanna go with the mc (maybe he'll fill the void, maybe he'll fix me), but not once does the mc think for himself about said love interests. I know this was a long rant, and really i'm sure the devs worked really hard on it and that some people may have enjoyed what I didn't and that's fine IT's just the demo of this gave me a certain standard and expectation since it had so much potential writing wise which unfortunately was a wide miss for me. I wish the devs luck and support and i hope i provided constructive criticism that wasn't just angry ranting for no reason. Unfortunately I'm not going to be following this game update by update, but I will revisit it when it's much farther in development and hopefully much more fleshed out

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Since the thread seems to be getting a little heated with the discussion about Grace(and rightfully so), i thought i would share some more feedback on the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm gonna stick around to see how the story develops but so far, the only real good thing about the game is the visuals.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
oh your tiny ego feels bruised by that? for god sake it's a game not your future wife
Are you seriously defending the poor writing of this last update? I bet 95% of all the people here dislike the writing of such scenes in this last update, and the ones I posted are the most "safe" ones because if I did post the text of when that asshole calls her and blackmails her... it will get a far stronger reaction from people.
It was poorly done, writed and very bad taste of them to make those scenes.

In a Romance game, people want to romance the girls, they want something platonic, romantic... such scenes will never help and it will most surely make people hate those characters and the game because for people that like romantic games they don't want to read how a girl used to enjoy being pounded with someone else that is not the mc, they won't like to read such things as girl past sex life or who they are in love with (if it's not the mc), no one here is condemning the devs for not making all girls virgins... just the fact that this was done in poor and bad taste to show such scenes in a game that is cataloged as "romance".

Nononono im not defending anything...im just saying that it's not NTR and that knowing that a girl says that about a previous partner is something that happens, is it necessary to know? no, but it's ok. Whether she's had multiple partners before is not something that matters really.
They are just giving an opinion of how poorly it was to show such scenes, no one here is calling it like that.

And is ok for you, not for me, I certainly did not expect Knight to make such scenes and certainly did not expect this game to have them either.

Last edited:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Sp the graphics are nice. The images. But why do we need to read every line of thought of all characters. It is one line of them talking and 10 of them thinking. The conversation doesn't even make sense with so many thoughts. They could talk with signals like mute people and we would just read their thoughts as they speak to each other.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I have to admit I was looking forward to this one, here are some thoughts after playing it. The renders are quite good and there's a solid amount of content. The writing however, leaves A LOT to be desired, things are way too over explained, especially with character thoughts. the different languages were cool for a moment but got old really fast. A lot of shock value just for the sake of it, with moments often feeling forced and unnecessarily exagerrated. I'll say that I like the attempt at trying to cover all the characters and their interactions and how they relate with one another. That being said, most of the love interests are totally ruined for me, with alice being the only one without mountains of baggage. Note to devs : please please please for the love of god if you're going to base the premise of your story around a main love interest, a main girl especially if it's a childhood friend, etc.. MAKE SURE YOU CAN HAVE A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, stop adding mountains of unnecessary baggage, I get the premise of painful seperation and all. But having her become a junkie/dealer that has a boyfriend could not be more undesirable. Players are already grasping at straws here to convince themselves that she's still a virgin. In case of Seperated childhood friends that eventually reuinite, especially if they're still in their early 20's, A reuinion story where said Love interest saves herself for protagonist is much more powerful than one where they don't. Also, not enough backstory on the mom with her reveal at the end of the episode being again shock just for the sake of it. Also, PRO TIP: if you're including a LI with a promiscuous past, don't get into the details of how depraved she was. I'm pretty much done with my rant here, but one final point that's directed at devs in general which irritates me deeply when it comes to shaping an MC and their romance . Romance isn't just about fixing broken people, understand that you are allowed to have standards. I'm not saying that a LI should be perfect without baggage and 1 or two is fine while almost every LI falls into this category, but a regular white knight that accepts any woman with any past with out any standards for themselves is nothing but a rebound at best. You find the love interests thinking of where they wanna go with the mc (maybe he'll fill the void, maybe he'll fix me), but not once does the mc think for himself about said love interests. I know this was a long rant, and really i'm sure the devs worked really hard on it and that some people may have enjoyed what I didn't and that's fine IT's just the demo of this gave me a certain standard and expectation since it had so much potential writing wise which unfortunately was a wide miss for me. I wish the devs luck and support and i hope i provided constructive criticism that wasn't just angry ranting for no reason. Unfortunately I'm not going to be following this game update by update, but I will revisit it when it's much farther in development and hopefully much more fleshed out
I couldnt go a lot further because of the exageration of thoughts. You are totally right.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Why not? In the real world do you think girls don't think like that? that they haven't had sex with multiple men before? you are very wrong if you think otherwise
Look, a person can think whatever in real life because there isn't a charles xavier in front of them to read their thoughts. And of course we shouldn't expect all women we meet to be virgins, but this is a VN, where the player can see other peoples perspectives, and read their thoughts, and personally, i woundn't want to see or read any of that stuff going on with Grace, so far all we know about her is that she's a homewrecking slut who enjoys getting fucked while the poor wife of the man that's fucking her is nearby. So apologies for not wanting anything to do with that, and pointing out that bringing up that sort of past in a LI of a VN is a nono for most people(myself included). But that's just my thoughts on it, if you're ok with all of that, good for you, but i am not, so unless something changes, i'm staying clear of her.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I am going to be honest with all of you my fellow pervs. I am like your grandfathers watching a boxing match. You know when he starts flinging insults at the manager, the trainer and the boxer through the TV screen. Just like that but me shouting insults at VN characters. If there is a weird, stupid or overly dramatic LI in a VN it gets me going.

To quote my grandfather screaming at the TV. "Stupid if I were you I would have already kicked her in the papaya bone."

So yeah some LI here need a kick in the papaya bone. :KEK:

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
I am going to be honest with all of you my fellow pervs. I am like your grandfathers watching a boxing match. You know when he starts flinging insults at the manager, the trainer and the boxer through the TV screen. Just like that but me shouting insults at VN characters. If there is a weird, stupid or overly dramatic LI in a VN it gets me going.

To quote my grandfather screaming at the TV. "Stupid if I were you I would have already kicked her in the papaya bone."

So yeah some LI here need a kick in the papaya bone. :KEK:
I feel that on a spiritual level. I usually don't even bother, But since dramas invoke feelings. Stupid overly dramatic writing and characters invoke such feelings of frustration that I unfortunately can't keep to myself. :LOL:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I feel that on a spiritual level. I usually don't even bother, But since dramas invoke feelings. Stupid overly dramatic writing and characters invoke such feelings of frustration that I unfortunately can't keep to myself. :LOL:
Ah, dang it ran out of reactions for the day.

But yeah, the thing that gets me a lot of the time is that I play the demos of VNs get interested in the plot and then BAM!!! The LI that caught your eye turns out to be utter shit. As someone already said, we still have hope for the sister/childhood friend to be decent. Lets just hope the fucked up LI are contained now.

Reactions: Cotytto

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
Ah, dang it ran out of reactions for the day.

But yeah, the thing that gets me a lot of the time is that I play the demos of VNs get interested in the plot and then BAM!!! The LI that caught your eye turns out to be utter shit. As someone already said, we still have hope for the sister/childhood friend to be decent. Lets just hope the fucked up LI are contained now.
We all do, but hope is a dangerous thing my friend, and I'm not going to cross my fingers.

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
I think this proves the importance of shorter more frequent releases, especially if it's a dev's first project even moreso on the first release. Guaging the reaction of the players and feedback is critical to the writing especially. I can't help but think that if we got a much smaller release that took half the time to develop, the devs would've had feedback to improve the rest, so much of the content could've been salvaged or done better had they had feedback

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes