VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Sorry for restarting the game, but there was so much wrong that didn't line up with my vision. It doesn't mean it won't be dark and mature. Those will come, but that will take time. Atm I worked my ass off yesterday and did 120+ renders because I honestly got passionate again. I believe that you guys will like this new intro I've been speaking to some people that heavily criticed my game and I was getting feedback on how the new chapter looks better. But I haven't shown them to everyone yet.

I'm not trying to hype it up yet, I know I can do better but I don't want to disapoint again. But Grace will be better here I promise

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
It's your game dude, if it is not what you want, and people who are getting this shit for free don't like it, fuck em, making a game should be about something you want and like, and if not then that is one way to end up burnt out and end up with the game being abandoned.

That being said, yeah you are right, the writing was shit, like I said in my first post, cushions for ass was something an incel would say, not to mention trying to show off by having everyone speak a second language all the time, and then everyone having 10 hours of internal monologue to read through was fucking retarded.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Knight_BP I was going to support this on Patreon but got a 404 page, Is everything still going ahead still as the opening ignited so many good vibes about the game, I'm a huge Summer Gone fan and it just played all those notes so well and immediatly had my interest given the art style as well as musical score and emotional handling, I'd like to see where this title goes in the future so if support is still available let me know when possible

FullyAnimated

Jul 17, 2019
I'm not trying to hype it up yet, I know I can do better but I don't want to disapoint again. But Grace will be better here I promise
It's great you want to incorporate feedback, so I hope you don't mind if I pass some suggestions to you:

It's always good to listen to feedback but don't let it sway your vision too much. If 10 people have 10 different complaints then ignore them BUT if out of 10 people, 8 are complaining about the same thing, you might want to take a deeper look at what they are saying and adjust the game accordingly.

General baseline guidelines:
1) No NTR
2) Include incest
3) In the game, only the MC gets to be intimate with the girls
4) Allow rollbacks
5) Be clear at game start if decisions have lasting consequences
6) Be clear at game start if a harem is possible or only one or a few relationships will be allowed by game end.

All of the above should be OPTIONAL including relationships, Hot scenes, pregnancy, and mini-games.

And above all, remember, you can't please everyone! :D

Good Luck!

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Knight_BP I was going to support this on Patreon but got a 404 page, Is everything still going ahead still as the opening ignited so many good vibes about the game, I'm a huge Summer Gone fan and it just played all those notes so well and immediatly had my interest given the art style as well as musical score and emotional handling, I'd like to see where this title goes in the future so if support is still available let me know when possible

OP needs to update it

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Sorry for restarting the game, but there was so much wrong that didn't line up with my vision. It doesn't mean it won't be dark and mature. Those will come, but that will take time. Atm I worked my ass off yesterday and did 120+ renders because I honestly got passionate again. I believe that you guys will like this new intro I've been speaking to some people that heavily criticed my game and I was getting feedback on how the new chapter looks better. But I haven't shown them to everyone yet.

No apology is necessary. -
We are playing your VN as you develop it. If we're aren't prepared to deal with significant rewrites as you develop your VN, then we shouldn't be playing it. Doesn't matter whether or not I agree about any of your changes. This is your VN. Only you have control, and I support your absolute right to do with it as you choose.

I'm loving your VN. Hell, maybe I won't like some of your changes, but I damn well appreciate the quality, talent, and commitment you've demonstrated to date. So I'll stick around for the ride. Looking forward to what comes next!

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
We are playing your VN as you develop it. If we're aren't prepared to deal with significant rewrites as you develop your VN, then we shouldn't be playing it. Doesn't matter whether or not I agree about any of your changes. This is your VN. Only you have control, and I support your absolute right to do with it as you choose.

I'm loving your VN. Hell, maybe I won't like some of your changes, but I damn well appreciate the quality, talent, and commitment you've demonstrated to date. So I'll stick around for the ride. Looking forward to what comes next!
seconded and third'id lol I have to say i've never taken to a VN this fast since Summer Gone and AoA.. two titles that this reminds me of (in all the positive ways) while also having its own uniqueness and addictive quality.. yes the mc could use a bit less horny teenager to him but given his background as detailed i guess some of that is expected, I'm looking forward to this more for the characters and story than any lewd so i'm hoping that remains the true focus as its looking so dam great atm and i wanna see this excell and not become yet another title on the abandoned tag..
College games/avn are the hottest property atm and while so many try hards miss the value of being in that genre I cant wait to see how you bridge the college experience with the undercover aspects.. hopefully without being at the expense of one of the other as both aspects of the game along with deep characters development is a sure fire way to make us the audience care about the story unfolding, games like Leap Of Faith, AoA, Chasing Sunsets(wink) BaDik, Summer Gone/WiaB, Artemes have all really strong character story building to such a degree that you actually feel it when things go bad or good for the characters, only adding to the total immersion in those characters and story.. This is another title i can see being like that and being a great piece to have crossovers with the aforementioned titles too, even if only as a DJ KINK (artemes) cameo or Lexi (leap of faith) drop in.. and visa versa since i know both of those creators are fond of back and forth cameo appearances too..
As the OP said THIS is your baby, we are the fans and viewers and i dont expect any of what i've wrote to be of any impact, Just know that I/We believe in this work and hope you manage to achieve the greatness it deserves to be up there amongst the well supported and funded titles

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Currently there is 210 renders setup, I will work more today as well. I can't get an exact number but the most of the work is on the PC now. I have one big scene I need to work on, it's not the last big scene either. But I am a lot more motivated now which well is being shown appeantly, well let's hope I can release the chapter on next month but NO PROMISES, Otherwise that would be a broken promise dun dun tis

Sep 3, 2020

don't worry I am pretty sure he will not act like a horny teenager in future updates

keep in mind even though the MC is young enough to be in college his

life experiences and his experiences being a cop has made him more

mature than the people his same age

but although he's not an immature idiot he will still have to pretend to be a dumb college student

Reactions: Knight_BP

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
don't worry I am pretty sure he will not act like a horny teenager in future updates

keep in mind even though the MC is young enough to be in college his

life experiences and his experiences being a cop has made him more

mature than the people his same age

but although he's not an immature idiot he will still have to pretend to be a dumb college student
Don't worry, he will be horny, but it will be in times that makes sense. At least he won't describe tits as melons and ass as cushions

Sep 3, 2020
Don't worry, he will be horny, but it will be in times that makes sense. At least he won't describe tits as melons and ass as cushions
:ROFLMAO: yes like when he's on a date

or maybe sharing a romantic moment with an older woman

that he's been in love with for years but because of the age difference he couldn't do anything about it but now;)

but on a side note my detective instincts are telling me I shouldn't trust anyone in this school
:oops:

Sep 3, 2020
Of course, but that doesn't mean your PP can't trust them if they are a female
well technically I am in love with this other girl named brie

but that's completely different my detective instincts are telling me that she's integral to this case

and it's also telling me that she smells really nice and my PP is telling me I want her to step on me

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
LMAO thank god.. horny i can handle.. treating each girl as a waifu not so much lol.. its understandable that there would be some form of lust after given his apparent lack of relationships, but as Vidal the king of Pervert said.. his police training will counter balance that to some degree,
My avn loving soul almost popped outta my body tho when i saw the 'Miss Royce' scene.. very cleverly done cameo

Sep 3, 2020
LMAO thank god.. horny i can handle.. treating each girl as a waifu not so much lol.. its understandable that there would be some form of lust after given his apparent lack of relationships, but as Vidal the king of Pervert said.. his police training will counter balance that to some degree,
My avn loving soul almost popped outta my body tho when i saw the 'Miss Royce' scene.. very cleverly done cameo
I know right fun fact I love monogamy

and I don't like to cheat so I have a separate save file for each girl I like I don't even date

multiple girls at once

I know it's stupid but it's me and that's how I like to play
lol

• Haha
Reactions: Nurikabe

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
I know right fun fact I love monogamy

and I don't like to cheat so I have a separate save file for each girl I like I don't even date

multiple girls at once

I know it's stupid but it's me and that's how I like to play
lol
Not stupid at all, ive done the same in everything from CK to AoA, LoF etc.. always a 1st play save where i just say hell with it and let things ride.. then once i'm sure what choices i need to make or avoid I start the individual save routes.. That being said.. anyone but choosing (you know who) in this avn might lead to another CeCe (LoF) heartbreaking moment if it goes that route lol

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
1 addition i would like to see eventually since its made a lot of the others fun is a phone feature with the now goto social media app for moments from the game or characters day to day moments to be shared.. Like a LifeInvader, Facemuck, Twatter, Instaspam, etc with unique photos relevant to each characters daily events or what there doing.. you know what i mean its not exactly original but its fun

Sep 3, 2020
Not stupid at all, ive done the same in everything from CK to AoA, LoF etc.. always a 1st play save where i just say hell with it and let things ride.. then once i'm sure what choices i need to make or avoid I start the individual save routes.. That being said.. anyone but choosing (you know who) in this avn might lead to another CeCe (LoF) heartbreaking moment if it goes that route lol
:cry: don't say that my brother think positive thoughts

everything's going to be fine hopefully

as long as we don't get another acting lesson goddamnit I hate that game:mad:

it actually sent me into a depression

and as far as A.O.A. Academy goes I don't have multiple saves because if she ain't Jenny she ain't shit;)

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
:cry: don't say that my brother think positive thoughts

everything's going to be fine hopefully

as long as we don't get another acting lesson goddamnit I hate that game:mad:

it actually sent me into a depression

and as far as A.O.A. Academy goes I don't have multiple saves because if she ain't Jenny she ain't shit;)
Ahhhhh a man after my own tastebuds lol.. yes i have multi character saves BUT yes Jenny is my be all and end all (has nothing to do with being a dik's maya resemblence.. non non at all i say lol)

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes