VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

The unseen

Apr 2, 2022
Well there's a lot about this game .. Lots of models and all are great .. Story is good for now. MC is good-looking and not ugly duck
LOTS of drama .. Wish good luck to dev. relax and take all your time (y)

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Is the game still getting updates cause the dev's link to the patreon in the op shows the 404 page?
They have the old link there. Here's the correct one:

Knight_BP You forgot to change the Patreon link under your sigs. It's still the one instead of the .

Kvr64##

Mar 13, 2021

Knight_BP You forgot to change the Patreon link under your sigs. It's still the one instead of the .
Thats a relief cause I like this game and how great it can be with time.

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019

Yeah, I would change it but I'm not OP XD

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
it doesn't help the fact that in your signature you still have the old patreon account :p
might want to change that :p
EDIT : also you can just report the thread and ask for that link to be changed with your current patreon page, that's also an option.

Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
it doesn't help the fact that in your signature you still have the old patreon account :p
might want to change that :p
EDIT : also you can just report the thread and ask for that link to be changed with your current patreon page, that's also an option.
No, I was talking about the one under your signatures, like KiichiYakuza said.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KiichiYakuza

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Ok, since the developer is reading and posting here I guess it's time for a little bit feedback. That's the least one can do. Since I haven't read all comments here I don't know if it was already said, but anyways it's my personal opinion and not meant as an offense.

Feedback time:
1. How was the release/update overall?
  • A few houres of play time, felt nice, good story approach, nice renders. Overall I enjoyed playing the game.
2. What improvements can be made?
  • The lewd scene with the teacher felt to forced for my liking. Hmm, we are talking about a 21-years old virgin as the MC, pretty sure he would not be able to pull out such an action to an activly searching cougar MILF. Maybe change that to be a dream, that way you could still use the renders.
  • And give him at least a highschool love (as background history) so that he got some sexual experience. Make her get killed in a random gang shooting which forced the MC into the police if you want to get rid of her.
  • Include some choices into dialogs, for example the scene where the three met Kylie. She called him a fuckboy, pretty sure players would like to respond to this acticly and move forward from the decision (calm/hostile/defensive).
3. What's lacking?
  • Spend him an phone already, I guess you already got this. You might also use this to further improve the game including stat infos, render pictures and so on.
5. What was the best part according to you?
  • I like the story telling and the way the relantionships are setup, makes me wanting more.
6. How was the writing in the release/update?
  • Some minor errors finding german references (included one as a screenshot).
  • Found some render errors on Alice (I think?), an 19-years old girl will most likely not have something like this.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Ok, since the developer is reading and posting here I guess it's time for a little bit feedback. That's the least one can do. Since I haven't read all comments here I don't know if it was already said, but anyways it's my personal opinion and not meant as an offense.

Feedback time:
1. How was the release/update overall?
  • A few houres of play time, felt nice, good story approach, nice renders. Overall I enjoyed playing the game.
2. What improvements can be made?
  • The lewd scene with the teacher felt to forced for my liking. Hmm, we are talking about a 21-years old virgin as the MC, pretty sure he would not be able to pull out such an action to an activly searching cougar MILF. Maybe change that to be a dream, that way you could still use the renders.
  • And give him at least a highschool love (as background history) so that he got some sexual experience. Make her get killed in a random gang shooting which forced the MC into the police if you want to get rid of her.
  • Include some choices into dialogs, for example the scene where the three met Kylie. She called him a fuckboy, pretty sure players would like to respond to this acticly and move forward from the decision (calm/hostile/defensive).
3. What's lacking?
  • Spend him an phone already, I guess you already got this. You might also use this to further improve the game including stat infos, render pictures and so on.
5. What was the best part according to you?
  • I like the story telling and the way the relantionships are setup, makes me wanting more.
6. How was the writing in the release/update?
  • Some minor errors finding german references (included one as a screenshot).
  • Found some render errors on Alice (I think?), an 19-years old girl will most likely not have something like this.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback buddy, I'm working on a rework on chapter 1. I'll do my best to use this feedback

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
One thing I'd also change, is when Kylie talks to MC about looking after her sister, and how he'll be substantially ( financially) rewarded.
It kind of felt weird, and out of his character, you cannot respond ( as additional option) with something along lines "I will do it, but I don't want any money for it", instead of "How much exactly are we talking about?".

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Haven't played this since the demo back then but wanted to check it out now.
But one question first, has the story been rewritten to such an extent that the i-patch is no longer needed?

Sep 3, 2020
One thing I'd also change, is when Kylie talks to MC about looking after her sister, and how he'll be substantially ( financially) rewarded.
It kind of felt weird, and out of his character, you cannot respond ( as additional option) with something along lines "I will do it, but I don't want any money for it", instead of "How much exactly are we talking about?".
oh my God I completely forgot about that. Dialogue
you're absolutely 100% right. MC is a cop

besides that he's a good guy who would never take money to help someone he wouldn't even consider it

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes