VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Writing and Renders are finished, now it's just welp, coding

Note there aren't any Lewd scenes in this and this isn't as big as 1.0, but this how I want my story to start

Current render count is 400+

And words count wise we can say there aren't any monlouge and fillers

Once it's finished I hope you guys like it

Sep 3, 2020

Note there aren't any Lewd scenes in this and this isn't as big as 1.0, but this how I want my story to start

honestly my brother that sounds amazing honestly I don't give a fuck about sex scenes all I care about is a good story

and I know that's exactly what you're going to give me I can't wait to play it

Sep 3, 2020
Couldn't agree more, as long as the story is consistent and good, the lewd scenes will come naturally.
honestly, it's the story that makes a lewd scene so good

story and characters should always come first before lewd scenes

sex scenes will happen when it makes sense and it feels natural and not rushed

in fact, if you put a sex scene in a game just for the sake of having a sex scene it can actually ruin the story

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
honestly my brother that sounds amazing honestly I don't give a fuck about sex scenes all I care about is a good story

and I know that's exactly what you're going to give me I can't wait to play it
I couldn't agree more. And your arguments are more than perfect.

Like, what makes me "waste time" following a VN if not History? If I just want to watch a meaningless sex scene and masturbate, wouldn't it be easier to watch a shitty video on Xvideos?

For me what makes a good VN is yes the story and if it is well told, sometimes we have a premise for a good story but is spoiled by the simple fact that the developer wants to deliver a scene H is rushed and out of time.

So dear Dev Knight_BP , take your time to tell your story, develop your characters (give them life) and when the time comes I am sure we will have a great time. Take your time.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
honestly, it's the story that makes a lewd scene so good

story and characters should always come first before lewd scenes

sex scenes will happen when it makes sense and it feels natural and not rushed

in fact, if you put a sex scene in a game just for the sake of having a sex scene it can actually ruin the story
...perfectly said! This is why 80% of the VN's on F95zone fail to impress. Great looking characters a lot of times but the story drifts into trope-filled Bangbus mediocrity! So you think to yourself "Wait! What? This makes no sense!" or "the old 'bath peeking' trope OF COURSE!".
It's just terrible and the most anime VN's out of Japan are just like these!

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020

well story is why im here(with little lewd things:BootyTime:). there are other quick fap material out there if i wanted one :BootyTime:

Sep 3, 2020
I couldn't agree more. And your arguments are more than perfect.

Like, what makes me "waste time" following a VN if not History? If I just want to watch a meaningless sex scene and masturbate, wouldn't it be easier to watch a shitty video on Xvideos?

For me what makes a good VN is yes the story and if it is well told, sometimes we have a premise for a good story but is spoiled by the simple fact that the developer wants to deliver a scene H is rushed and out of time.

So dear Dev Knight_BP , take your time to tell your story, develop your characters (give them life) and when the time comes I am sure we will have a great time. Take your time.
exactly right

and your English is perfect to me I have a reading disability so although I can

speak English perfectly I can't spell very well so I know how hard it can be to make comments I'm just glad I can explain myself good enough

and it helps that
Knight_BP

can understand me even though I cant spell

• Haha
Reactions: Knight_BP and JC07

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I know I'm kind of late to this discussion and I don't want to bring it up again. But I just read all the comment pages from the beginning (reread some actually, since I've been following the game since the first release) and wanted to comment on some things that bothered me and others that made my eyes sweat :cry::ROFLMAO: .

I feel dirty even attempting to respond to this particular comment. Just so I am sure I understand what you are trying to say:
Although this adult woman had an affair with a married man, she recognizes her huge mistake and refuses to continue a relationship with that man. She has a child and was obviously not a virgin so she was, therefore "the town bicycle." She was a "dumb, backstabbing, cumdump" who should be blamed for getting "knocked up" and being blackmailed with nudes and videos of their past indiscretions...

Does that sum up your description of this character and why that story should be changed and removed from the novel?
The big issue here is not "ONE affair with ONE married man", but how this man humiliated (may not be the most correct word here) and how she was horny for suffering these humiliations and the "other guys" that this ONE man quotes in the blackmail movies with these "men fucking her" (gangbang/orgy). So yeah, she was a slut who was passed around the office for all the men who were into slut-slinging and weren't afraid of getting an STD and all that "grown woman" stuff maybe she doesn't even know who the biological father of her child is.

And this is from a guy who has as his favorite MILF LI's (I guess all moms have a little baggage, right?), I don't mind "baggage" one bit, baggage is good, it shows us a lot about a person and gives a "depth". A good example is June of the game Artemis, she has a dark past, frequented wheels of conversations (not remember the name, more places where people with trauma or addiction usually vent) about an abusive relationship, and still has problems hooking a relationship serious and this is one of the factors that went wrong before the mind as the MC of the game mentioned. Actually, almost every LI in that game has "baggage" and it's one of my favorite games. So once again, the problem is not the luggage, but the size and content of that luggage.

As a matter of fact, yes! She is (was) my LI of choice because she was an attractive, smart, mature adult who responded amazingly to the MC showing her his kindness, respect, and love. And because of their past together. Not to mention, the woman is a knockout!

But because she has a sexual history that is less than your ideal, you consider her trash? Do I really have to continue?
I understand that you were annoyed because you invested your money and your favorite LI was ruined for you. But by your definition I believe you picked the wrong type of game (romance), usually, NTR/swing games (inevitable and avoidable) have plenty of those "attractive adult women" who fuck or have fucked 80% of the male population (and female too, who knows?) that she came in contact with, without caring about anything, marital status, how many at once, DP, gangbang.

And I was fine with Grace from V1.1 (when she had ONE married guy). The first Grace?:sick:

--------------------------------//-------------------------------

Leaving that behind since Dev will do as he originally envisioned before someone stuck it in his head that he should "endure" I think it's a good idea to have your characters ruined by a distorted vision of people with tastes different from those of the STORY'S OWN CREATOR and probably of this VN's target audience.

I want to wish you strength and positive energy Knight_BP . You were the only one who until you prove otherwise did not err in all development of this work. Because art is beautiful. We probably share similar tastes and I understand you when you say you get upset about the criticism, as I also go through depressive problems (in the last 6 months I faced together with my father in a fight against cancer, and about a month ago he passed away) and it pained me to read all the criticism you had to face, even though you agreed with it. Using this as an escape is something we do, so I avoid games of genres like NTR, real life is painful enough to face, so I prefer softer games, with humor, romance, especially if I do not have to choose a girl in the end, I understand that it is not realistic and such, so I like fantasy genres too. And as many like to remind us when we complain about an "NTR", "that's a game, it's pixels" the same goes for justifying "harem", that's a game, not real.

Okay, I'm getting away from what I wanted to say. Finally, I wanted to thank you for your effort and care with this project, I have great faith that it will be something giant, hoping that you achieve all your goals.

About facing the creation of your game alone, find some "revisions" with similar tastes to yours, so they can help you with a more "decentralized" vision. R.R. Martin talks in the acknowledgments of his book about the devils and angels of writing something. The devils in the details and the angel are your editors/reviewers.

I want to apologize for the extensive text and a little out of time, as I said I was a little busy recently. Good luck and all the best.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I know I'm kind of late to this discussion and I don't want to bring it up again. But I just read all the comment pages from the beginning (reread some actually, since I've been following the game since the first release) and wanted to comment on some things that bothered me and others that made my eyes sweat :cry::ROFLMAO: .

The big issue here is not "ONE affair with ONE married man", but how this man humiliated (may not be the most correct word here) and how she was horny for suffering these humiliations and the "other guys" that this ONE man quotes in the blackmail movies with these "men fucking her" (gangbang/orgy). So yeah, she was a slut who was passed around the office for all the men who were into slut-slinging and weren't afraid of getting an STD and all that "grown woman" stuff maybe she doesn't even know who the biological father of her child is.

And this is from a guy who has as his favorite MILF LI's (I guess all moms have a little baggage, right?), I don't mind "baggage" one bit, baggage is good, it shows us a lot about a person and gives a "depth". A good example is June of the game Artemis, she has a dark past, frequented wheels of conversations (not remember the name, more places where people with trauma or addiction usually vent) about an abusive relationship, and still has problems hooking a relationship serious and this is one of the factors that went wrong before the mind as the MC of the game mentioned. Actually, almost every LI in that game has "baggage" and it's one of my favorite games. So once again, the problem is not the luggage, but the size and content of that luggage.

I understand that you were annoyed because you invested your money and your favorite LI was ruined for you. But by your definition I believe you picked the wrong type of game (romance), usually, NTR/swing games (inevitable and avoidable) have plenty of those "attractive adult women" who fuck or have fucked 80% of the male population (and female too, who knows?) that she came in contact with, without caring about anything, marital status, how many at once, DP, gangbang.

And I was fine with Grace from V1.1 (when she had ONE married guy). The first Grace?:sick:

--------------------------------//-------------------------------

Leaving that behind since Dev will do as he originally envisioned before someone stuck it in his head that he should "endure" I think it's a good idea to have your characters ruined by a distorted vision of people with tastes different from those of the STORY'S OWN CREATOR and probably of this VN's target audience.

I want to wish you strength and positive energy Knight_BP . You were the only one who until you prove otherwise did not err in all development of this work. Because art is beautiful. We probably share similar tastes and I understand you when you say you get upset about the criticism, as I also go through depressive problems (in the last 6 months I faced together with my father in a fight against cancer, and about a month ago he passed away) and it pained me to read all the criticism you had to face, even though you agreed with it. Using this as an escape is something we do, so I avoid games of genres like NTR, real life is painful enough to face, so I prefer softer games, with humor, romance, especially if I do not have to choose a girl in the end, I understand that it is not realistic and such, so I like fantasy genres too. And as many like to remind us when we complain about an "NTR", "that's a game, it's pixels" the same goes for justifying "harem", that's a game, not real.

Okay, I'm getting away from what I wanted to say. Finally, I wanted to thank you for your effort and care with this project, I have great faith that it will be something giant, hoping that you achieve all your goals.

About facing the creation of your game alone, find some "revisions" with similar tastes to yours, so they can help you with a more "decentralized" vision. R.R. Martin talks in the acknowledgments of his book about the devils and angels of writing something. The devils in the details and the angel are your editors/reviewers.

I want to apologize for the extensive text and a little out of time, as I said I was a little busy recently. Good luck and all the best.
Yeah, I get it. Don't have an opinion on this thread unless it is approved by the main collective.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes