VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
While we are at the fantasizing poin ... MC just sees all these awesome high maintenance hotties:
The girls with the cars ... 4 sure he would like to have them both in each of their cars and on his bike.
Then the two girls that MC has history with - the one who wants to strangle him and the one who
he meets and cliff hangs in the end ... those together would make MC mind melt into pure bliss overjoy.+

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
not really so much what she did in the past that annoyed a lot of players, though it did had an effect but the fact that she was 2 thoughts away of jizzing in her pants while reminiscing... doesn't really scream to me "I'm so regretful for what I've done , oh noes, I shall not do it again" so yea.. I would not want a LI that thinks like that, town bicycle or not that's not a future romance LI, at least in my view.
If you can't tolerate a character don't choose her as your LI.

The fact is there are readers who, regardless of her past, really like her and chose her as their favorite LI. Some of us do not want the Disney Princess, typical VN, bullshit storyline. That is what is so charming about Broken Promises — the realistic stories of these women.

• Angry
Reactions: neverthy

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
The original writer basicly went nuclear on any comment in discord he thought was critisizing, it's that simple. He needlessly offended many people who gave their opinion that just like you only had the best intentions for the game...In short, it was a blatant display of immaturity and lack of respect for people who just honestly gave their feedback.
It is unfortunate when you have someone that deals so poorly with feedback. Especially if that response includes insulting your players. However, I've seen some of that "feedback" — it's far from sincere, mature, open, honest criticism of the handling of a character. More accurately, it borderlines on hysterical fanaticism and emotional disconnect with reality. After all, we are talking about a fictional character in a visual novel. Yet, some people's reaction is that you just slept with their sister and shared her around the block.

We all see there's quality, we all wish to see a good product and seriously if you see a problem with a writer that can't handle any critisism or he goes ballistic being gone, I can't see any reason you are even trying to understand the situation.
The reason I try to understand is because I'm a grown adult who understands that things go wrong. There are many sides to a story. I have money involved in this project and want to see it succeed at the quality, tone, and story of chapter one (not the previous releases). I could take it much easier by simply pulling my support, deleting the game, and walking away. But I invested in the project because of it's promise. I would like to see it succeed, as you obviously do. In order for that to happen, feedback must be well-rounded. If all the developer hears is agreeing 'yes men' and one-sided dislike for a character or storyline, then the project is doomed. Likewise, it is important to understand that the success of chapter one was in large part due to a writer that is no longer part of the team. The previous version was an overwhelming turd.

My stance is clear: I believe it is a fantastic story and want this project to succeed. It's success this far has been in it's ability to tell a common story in an uncommon manner. If the developer's plan is to dumb down the story in the face of criticism (much of which is coming from people who are not old enough, or legally of age, to handle mature situations), than the project is no longer living up to its promise. (Do you see a pun coming on?)

Fingers crossed, this project will continue and succeed despite its setbacks.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
When a LI is thinking how fond the days of gang bang were and starts feeling delight,
when a LI starts fantasizing about the most heart breaking skank bitch move she made,
that still makes her hot and bothered, she is living in that past, she is leading you on,
she is cheating on you with her past and her past lovers.

Do you actually want a hoe living out her memories and not making any effort to make
new memories with you? Not giving you the light of day because she is watching herself in the past
being the town bike any and all most insufferable assholes got to bang and throw in their trash?

Should you not care about her past, then just sit tight and let her come into the reality
where you reside and put in the effort to live here with you, not in her memories with her assholes.

You know who hangs/shags/dreams of assholes? Other assholes. That kills her character.

I will never dedicate my love to somebody else's lover
Just didn't wanna hear your lies, but first I had to discover
I forgot to look in your eyes and now I have to suffer
No, I will never ever fall in love with somebody else's lover
(Else's lover, lover)
Somebody help me, somebody teach me
Somebody tell me what to do
How should I handle you?
I maybe heartless, to feel so endearious
I've given the matter you come to
The reason and known for sure that
No, I will never ever fall in love with somebody else's lover (lover, lover, lover)
Why did you deceive me, you say you didn't want to hurt me
But why then did you hold me tight, you knew it would break me
Why is it that I've chosen the wrong way, which then brought me to you
But now that I've been there, I should have known better and
No, I will never ever fall in love with somebody else's lover (lover)

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
When a LI is thinking how fond the days of gang bang were and starts feeling delight,
when a LI starts fantasizing about the most heart breaking skank bitch move she made,
that still makes her hot and bothered, she is living in that past, she is leading you on,
she is cheating on you with her past and her past lovers.

Do you actually want a hoe living out her memories and not making any effort to make
new memories with you? Not giving you the light of day because she is watching herself in the past
being the town bike any and all most insufferable assholes got to bang and throw in their trash?

Should you not care about her past, then just sit tight and let her come into the reality
where you reside and put in the effort to live here with you, not in her memories with her assholes.

You know who hangs/shags/dreams of assholes? Other assholes. That kills her character.

No, I will never ever fall in love with somebody else's lover
(Else's lover, lover)
Somebody help me, somebody teach me
Somebody tell me what to do
How should I handle you?
I maybe heartless, to feel so endearious
I've given the matter you come to
The reason and known for sure that
No, I will never ever fall in love with somebody else's lover (lover, lover, lover)
Why did you deceive me, you say you didn't want to hurt me
But why then did you hold me tight, you knew it would break me
Why is it that I've chosen the wrong way, which then brought me to you
But now that I've been there, I should have known better and
No, I will never ever fall in love with somebody else's lover (lover)
Why do you think any of that will happen? Do you have an unfortunate history? Who hurt you?

Listen, if you don't like her, don't choose her. The story has since been changed to not offend you. You are going to be ok. This is just a story.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
If you can't tolerate a character don't choose her as your LI.

The fact is there are readers who, regardless of her past, really like her and chose her as their favorite LI. Some of us do not want the Disney Princess, typical VN, bullshit storyline. That is what is so charming about Broken Promises — the realistic stories of these women.
fact of the matter is this is a romance VN , a LI that reminiscences about how she got fucked and how good it was to get fucked while her lovers wife was in the next room and so on and almost cums while remembering all that .. does not scream romance.. at least to me it doesn't and I believe most of the players that complained about her, maybe to you it screams romance, don't know, don't care to be honest.
So your "don't chose her" doesn't work since she is a Main LI and this is a romance VN.

Why do you think any of that will happen? Do you have an unfortunate history? Who hurt you?

Listen, if you don't like her, don't choose her. The story has since been changed to not offend you. You are going to be ok. This is just a story.
question is , who hurt you ?
also before you come back with a "witty" retort , no, nobody hurt me, I'm all good.
It is unfortunate when you have someone that deals so poorly with feedback. Especially if that response includes insulting your players. However, I've seen some of that "feedback" — it's far from sincere, mature, open, honest criticism of the handling of a character. More accurately, it borderlines on hysterical fanaticism and emotional disconnect with reality. After all, we are talking about a fictional character in a visual novel. Yet, some people's reaction is that you just slept with their sister and shared her around the block.

The reason I try to understand is because I'm a grown adult who understands that things go wrong. There are many sides to a story. I have money involved in this project and want to see it succeed at the quality, tone, and story of chapter one (not the previous releases). I could take it much easier by simply pulling my support, deleting the game, and walking away. But I invested in the project because of it's promise. I would like to see it succeed, as you obviously do. In order for that to happen, feedback must be well-rounded. If all the developer hears is agreeing 'yes men' and one-sided dislike for a character or storyline, then the project is doomed. Likewise, it is important to understand that the success of chapter one was in large part due to a writer that is no longer part of the team. The previous version was an overwhelming turd.

My stance is clear: I believe it is a fantastic story and want this project to succeed. It's success this far has been in it's ability to tell a common story in an uncommon manner. If the developer's plan is to dumb down the story in the face of criticism (much of which is coming from people who are not old enough, or legally of age, to handle mature situations), than the project is no longer living up to its promise. (Do you see a pun coming on?)

Fingers crossed, this project will continue and succeed despite its setbacks.
Right, I've been on the discord server when the 1st update was released, and most of the comments were done in a polite way, sure there were some that weren't as polite as they should have been but those were a few, but on the other hand, most of the "old-timers" and the writer , their replies to the complaints were made in a poor way and just to piss off other people,
But most of the people seem to forget .. this is not a corruption VN, not a slut simulator, not a "where's the cumbucket cause I need to get my dick wet" this is a romance at it's core, sure it has action elements, and mystery etc but yea..romance
and if you think a LI like that is well received with the romance crowd, well .. I can understand your reaction then :))
things went so wrong with that scene that she almost cummed at the memories of her getting fucked :)))

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Jokes aside, looking forward to the rewrite!
Where did u get that selfie of Grace ?? Her social media pages ??;)

because she has a sexual history that is less than your ideal, you consider her trash?
Yep. I don't know about you, but when I hear about hoes backstabbing their friends and fucking their husbands, that makes me think the hoe in question is simply trash, especially since the husband's just an asshole and nobody forced her to fuck him. And I repeat, you should've seen how "good" her initial story was.:giggle:

Having a past and some relationships is one thing, being just a hoe used by cunts like Benoit who even passed her around to others doesn't make her a woman that most men would wanna romance, and this game has enough drama as it is.

There's no reason to assume we get a less mature story, we just got a more mature writer now...
Exactly. A mature writer who's honest about what he's doing, a hard worker willing to prove himself to his fans, and one who can take criticism without acting like a spoiled princess like the other guy did. Now that's a guy who deserves all the support he can get.(y)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020

okay this is the last time I will respond to your comment

I believe that if you keep arguing with someone it turns a forum into a unbearable toxic mess

and it causes the Developer to leave because he can't take it anymore and I don't want Knight_BP to leave

and I will never tell you to stop commenting

I believe in freedom of speech

however I will tell people that if you make a comment they don't like

please just ignore you and don't argue with you

now about Grace

I don't care who the woman I love used to sleep with in the past

everybody has a past but

what Grace did in the past is horrible she used to sleep with married men and Grace didn't care about the married woman that she would hurt and if that wasn't bad enough

if I remember correctly there was scenes in the present

of her thinking about what she used to do and getting off on it

and you said it's just a game and you're absolutely right but for some people

it's more than that and it's weird maybe but you don't get to tell people how they're allowed to feel about the game or character

I will have you know there are games where I have gotten so attached to characters it has made me depressed and happy and even sad and it's weird but it's my right to feel that way

Mejo702

Aug 22, 2019
[VN] [Ren'Py] Broken Promises [Chapter 1, v0.1.2] [Smoking Sexy Style Studio] [OS@610MB, QR@85%, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 610MB
MyRepack-YAC: 242MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = WorkUpload /

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notice: This one is optimized quite well, so i would recommend original over my repack.

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :LOL:
This isn't for APK.. where is the APK cuz is says PC???

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
okay this is the last time I will respond to your comment
I believe that if you keep arguing with someone it turns a forum into a unbearable toxic mess
Yes, let's talk about the toxic mess. Let's talk about the way Grace has been described by a few commenters. Or the way certain people in this thread have responded to ANY opinion that is different than their toxic mess.

and I will never tell you to stop commenting
I believe in freedom of speech
it's more than that and it's weird maybe but you don't get to tell people how they're allowed to feel about the game or character
Precisely.

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, let's talk about the toxic mess. Let's talk about the way Grace has been described by a few commenters. Or the way certain people in this thread have responded to ANY opinion that is different than their toxic mess.

Precisely.
fair enough and for the record Grace is my second favorite waifu in the game

but I didn't like those certain things in her old backstory

I don't care that she's not a virgin

I just don't want Knight_BP to leave because we can't stop arguing

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I just don't want Knight_BP to leave because we can't stop arguing
You know, I don't know the guy. I have read his Patreon posts and his posts here. By all appearances, I would say he is a decent, intelligent guy who is sensitive to his creation. On Patreon, he gave us a heads up about what was happening to his team. And he was understanding of the fact that he would lose some pledges. I know that was tough for him. Facing the work alone is tough, too. That says a lot about a guy. Faced with adversity, he is forging ahead and doing the work he enjoys.

For those reasons, I do not think he is the kind of guy to bail when things get tough. When his writer went crazy on folks, he kept his head on straight and kept the release on track. I would dare anyone to face the same and come out of it the way Knight_BP has. Much respect.

Sep 3, 2020
You know, I don't know the guy. I have read his Patreon posts and his posts here. By all appearances, I would say he is a decent, intelligent guy who is sensitive to his creation. On Patreon, he gave us a heads up about what was happening to his team. And he was understanding of the fact that he would lose some pledges. I know that was tough for him. Facing the work alone is tough, too. That says a lot about a guy. Faced with adversity, he is forging ahead and doing the work he enjoys.

For those reasons, I do not think he is the kind of guy to bail when things get tough. When his writer went crazy on folks, he kept his head on straight and kept the release on track. I would dare anyone to face the same and come out of it the way Knight_BP has. Much respect.
well I know Knight I talked to him on Discord and let me tell you he is one of the sweetest people you will ever Meet

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game is looking bright into the whole plot of it :
MC is out to uncover the secrets all around him. The cliff of a bomb realisation is hanging over us all.
Will he bail his sweetheart out? Will she punish him for the past? Will they bang history out of their system?
Only this game can tell.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes