VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I like the rework so far. One complaint that I do have though, the text blends in to the renders at times, making it hard to read. I know many do not like the text box, but they do keep this from happening.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Also i think that this game could use a half transparent textbox, my eyes got tired a bit after reading light text on a light images
Hi,
I use this great mod when ever I have a text visibility issues with Renpy games. This Mod works with "MOST"renpy games that don't have a heavily customized GUI. This is a Universal mod that creates and adds a custom menu that interfaces with games without overwriting stock files.

This mod sets up the "Preferences" menu to do 2 things:

1.) It gives you the ability to choose among 5 options for your Dialogue Textbox along with making the Textbutton for each color a preview: (The stock Textbox.PNG that the games Dev provided, "Dark Blue", "Dark Red", "Violet" and "Transparent")

2.) It also creates a slider bar there to adjust the Opacity of the Textbox.

Installation:
PC (Windows/Linux): Unzip the mod file and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your game folder.

Reactions: Cameo

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
She isn't out of the story, besides it's not just her that hasn't gotten screen time. Kylie got no screen time at all and the 8th Main as well

You'll see more of them in future updates, but I'm not gonna charge in right away, I'm gonna take it slow
Did you remove the Benoit thing from the story or is it still there? can you pm or post here a spoiler of what you changed? I'm willing to give it a second chance but if that has not changed at all don't think I will play it since I'm not into such plots.

Reactions: EJW

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Did you remove the Benoit thing from the story or is it still there? can you pm or post here a spoiler of what you changed? I'm willing to give it a second chance but if that has not changed at all don't think I will play it since I'm not into such plots.
Benoit thing has been removed, it has been changed quite a lot give it a chance I’m sure you would like it

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
Yup with this rework this game looks like new! Love it:p

Soo i see femdom tag in dev notes
it will be avoidable right?
Any maledom planned?

Reactions: alternativ8

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I think there are some english issues for instance they keep talking about ONE missing person as they and after some lines they are treating the missing PERSON as she. Example: "Dean: One of the students is missing and not even the parents know where THEY are"; "Dean: About a week now, the parents told us SHE was away on vacation in the middle east."

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
I think there are some english issues for instance they keep talking about ONE missing person as they and after some lines they are treating the missing PERSON as she. Example: "Dean: One of the students is missing and not even the parents know where THEY are"; "Dean: About a week now, the parents told us SHE was away on vacation in the middle east."
Ty! I'll sort it out, first time writing haha

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Ty! I'll sort it out, first time writing haha
Yw! I'll edit if I find more as I play. Also it's a mess with pronouns these days as people use they when they don't know the sex of the person or want to be adressed as they but neither of those situations apply here as far as I know. Me, I use them how I was taught: he/she/it for single and they for plural.

Reactions: EJW

Xiba21

Aug 5, 2020
View attachment 1812284

Overview:
You take on the role of Jack Bates, a detective sent undercover to infiltrate a criminal organization with the goal to put an end to their works. Things get complicated when his long-lost-friend and haunted past come back into his life. Making new friends and new enemies; it’s up to you to use your resources, make the hard choices, all while trying your best to keep your promises.​

Thread Updated: 2022-05-15
Release Date: 2022-05-15
Developer: KnightBP - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 1 Rework
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - -
Linux (issues being fixed): MEGA
Mac: MEGA
Android: MEGA -

Extras: Walkthrough Mod - Fan Sign

View attachment 1812280 View attachment 1812267 View attachment 1812268 View attachment 1812271 View attachment 1812273 View attachment 1812275 View attachment 1812277 View attachment 1812281
sex when?

• Sad
Reactions: MikeOG
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes