VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
It would be great if male domination could be avoided!
(Will it be possible to avoid male domination?)
You will have choices don't worry as much as it would make it difficult for me haha

Reactions: J1215
Aug 8, 2016
Glancing over the comments I think I might be an outlier in that I think I preferred the story in the first version.
I liked the fracture between Brie and Alice, I liked the story with Afina and her family etc. More things seemed to be going on at the school and the girls felt more fleshed out and less generic.

That said, I guess my preference might be that there was simply more of the story in the first version and that I'll be as invested as the story progress. Even if this came off a bit negative I will say that it is still a really solid first chapter and I look forward to what's to come. The renders seems to have improved as well and it was probably a good choice to establish the story better before all the girls starts throwing themselves at MC and the 'plot' begins.

Best of luck with the game going forwards. =)

Reactions: MikeOG and Nurikabe

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Phew, the girls are times absolute bitches and the MC is so submissive that it almost hurts! Graphics are nice tho'. Just wish MC would be less cringe...
I’ll take note of that, but you have to remember MC is going undercover he doesn’t want to stand out like an asshole. And have no idea what you mean by MC being cringe Elobrate on that and show me and then I’ll try and make those less in future updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Might be coming off as a prick but I take criticism seriously, I will show MC more dominant side but him being that first chapter doesn’t sit well for the story. The goal of the story is not to have sex with all the LI’s you are there to take down the syndicate. But that doesn’t mean this isn’t an AVN you will have relationships don’t worry.

That being said I’ll take your critics and try and improve on them :)

Glancing over the comments I think I might be an outlier in that I think I preferred the story in the first version.
I liked the fracture between Brie and Alice, I liked the story with Afina and her family etc. More things seemed to be going on at the school and the girls felt more fleshed out and less generic.

That said, I guess my preference might be that there was simply more of the story in the first version and that I'll be as invested as the story progress. Even if this came off a bit negative I will say that it is still a really solid first chapter and I look forward to what's to come. The renders seems to have improved as well and it was probably a good choice to establish the story better before all the girls starts throwing themselves at MC and the 'plot' begins.

Best of luck with the game going forwards. =)
Exactly I’m trying to establish the story and make sure you guys get to know them well the outer shell of the LI’s you’ll be able to learn more about the after the story progresses

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
Last time I played this game, none of the characters were interesting enough to romance at all. Grace as workplace semen storage, and the childhood friend is now married and a druglord or something? and the rest did not even land enough of an impact for me to remember, well i guess except for the chief, shes ok.
How is the rewrite for anyone who played?

Yourmom21

Aug 19, 2020
Its a bit premature to say it will be better than the original one but i think its going in a good direction, good changes on Breanna and Grace, hope the next update brings more content. But all things said was a good start, hope to see Alfina sister in the next update.

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
Did you remove the Benoit thing from the story or is it still there? can you pm or post here a spoiler of what you changed? I'm willing to give it a second chance but if that has not changed at all don't think I will play it since I'm not into such plots.
As someone who was very vocal about the original game, I can assure you that Grace is 100% better in this version and there's nothing resembling the Benoit things from the first release. I think if you play it you'll enjoy it a lot more. I definitely do.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Last time I played this game, none of the characters were interesting enough to romance at all. Grace as workplace semen storage, and the childhood friend is now married and a druglord or something? and the rest did not even land enough of an impact for me to remember, well i guess except for the chief, shes ok.
How is the rewrite for anyone who played?
Childhood friend has not yet been introduced in the present, and Grace isn't tainted anymore (as in, she just arrived to the city), she even winks at the camera after she said that we must forget about the past, so you should give the game a try.

Reactions: Professor Black

lassoluh

‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Wholesome Addict ❦
Donor
May 23, 2020
Now that's what I'm talking about! I got extremely frustrated when playing the old version because it had so much potential and the way the old story was going, no way would work. I usually don't get pissed when reading novels, just delete the folder and life goes on, but when I get interested and excited with a story and things turn out to be so flawed as it was it's like a slap on my face.

Edited my review since the game now deserves way more attention than what was before, the story seems will go on the right path, really hope that I don't jinx it tho. :unsure:

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
Having played the work I must say it is infinitely better than 0.1.2, though its still not without it's faults.

The visuals are incredible, this VN has image quality that is similar to the most high quality VNs on this site

the dialogue is much much better. No unnnecessary character thoughts, or jumpin gbetween perspectives and languages. Though it still feels awkward and unnatural some of the time making hard to follow or care about what's being said. Ex. (Sancho calling mc "kid" every second sentence"

The girls are pretty, though they are the self entitled looking for sympathy type which I find very unnappealing. Now this could be because where the mc is undercover or it maybe bias from playing the previous version. But in the previous versions all the girls has heaps of baggage waiting for the mc to fix them, making him a rebound at best. So fingers crossed for some major character development/variety of Li's

The Rework is much much shorter than 0.1.2, and much more effective. It's much easier to follow and care about the story. Though I was not a fan of the transition from regular life to a mission with Sancho, but I am glad the mom was not introduced yet.

I find the MC a bit strange, I get voicing how everyone left you to yourself, but the way he basically tells every character that he was abandoned doesn't sit right with me. Also, I'm not sure why he's that important and it doesn't really feel like he's undercover. But it's still early and I feel like he'll develop as we go along

I'm interested to see how the girls backstories change from 0.1.2. I found none of them even remotely appealing last time and I hope it changes going forward.

overall, the rework is much better than 0.1.2 and the dev has saved his game from the brink of death. I feel like it's unfair to leave my 2 star review up. I don't feel comfortable changing it to a 4 star at this point and as far as I can tell There's no way to fully delete a review so I'll change it to a 3 for now.

Also, massive respect to the dev for being able to take constructive critiscm. It can't be easy having to completely scrap adn rework something you worked on for countless hours just to deliver a better product. Best of luck.

Reactions: CookieMonster

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
I havent read all posts so sorry if someone has asked but if this is a rework how many chapters did they get through previously? i feel like i remember the name and i remember playing a game a while ago that was detective style but i swear that one was finished.

3.60 star(s) 56 Votes