VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 56 Votes

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
The Tattoos are a really big turn off, sorry but think I will place you on ignore. That is for me, really don't like the signs of ownership, did you know that is what tattoos were originally used for was to mark your slaves and proof of ownership since a long time prior to the Roman Empire? Well Best of luck with your game art work looks cool but just one aspect I can not stand. The other is miss proportional over sized asses it's just not appealing to me, Sorry.
Dont really care that you dont like the VN, each to their own and all...The fact that you're trying to link the origins of tattoos to slavery, is astonishing and you should read more...Tattoos over the ages have played a roll in many cultures and have varied meanings to them, one paragraph you read about one group of people doesn't mean you know all. You're trying to be honorable about slavery while insulting other cultures you know nothing about :unsure:

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021
The Tattoos are a really big turn off, sorry but think I will place you on ignore. That is for me, really don't like the signs of ownership, did you know that is what tattoos were originally used for was to mark your slaves and proof of ownership since a long time prior to the Roman Empire? Well Best of luck with your game art work looks cool but just one aspect I can not stand. The other is miss proportional over sized asses it's just not appealing to me, Sorry.
Not to be a dick or anything but Jesus guy it's 2022 almost 2023,you needa let go of the past(a past you weren't even involved in might I add).
Today tattoos are used as a form of expression, art and liberation, not to mark salves or criminals and hasn't been used for such for over a 100 years(legally). I have two sleeves myself, my gf have a half sleeve and my dad has a big ass ram on his chest, yet neither of us are slaves to anyone (well maybe society cause aren't we all?)but yeah point is you needa focus on the present mate and leave the past behind. Not letting go of the past is the reason why we still have race and religion wars today, but It's all shit from the past,nobody is enslaved anymore (at least not legally) and everyone is free to do and believe or not believe in whatever diety they want. Hell u can even worship Lucifer himself if you want, I mean Satanism is a religion after all, it's just very unconventional.

Side note: I haven't played the rework yet. I didn't like the original that much soley for the fact that it mostly focused on everyone else's drama while the MC felt more like a side character. So can anyone tell me what's the difference between the rework and the original before I give the rework a try.

XV71

Feb 25, 2020
Not to be a dick or anything but Jesus guy it's 2022 almost 2023,you needa let go of the past(a past you weren't even involved in might I add).
Today tattoos are used as a form of expression, art and liberation, not to mark salves or criminals and hasn't been used for such for over a 100 years(legally). I have two sleeves myself, my gf have a half sleeve and my dad has a big ass ram on his chest, yet neither of us are slaves to anyone (well maybe society cause aren't we all?)but yeah point is you needa focus on the present mate and leave the past behind. Not letting go of the past is the reason why we still have race and religion wars today, but It's all shit from the past,nobody is enslaved anymore (at least not legally) and everyone is free to do and believe or not believe in whatever diety they want. Hell u can even worship Lucifer himself if you want, I mean Satanism is a religion after all, it's just very unconventional.

Side note: I haven't played the rework yet. I didn't like the original that much soley for the fact that it mostly focused on everyone else's drama while the MC felt more like a side character. So can anyone tell me what's the difference between the rework and the original before I give the rework a try.
this reminded me about some BLM activist saying he had PTSD because of slavery, he got so offended when he was told he wasn't a slave.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
How could this go on after the only sex scene was a hate induced filler of a girl coming on
to MC out of nowhere, based on his looks. Now, all the good jealousy helpless
games use girls jumping the asshole evil antagonist bones out of nowhere all the time,
so cutting out the one scene where MC receives the biggest compliment of his carreer:
”you look so dashing my panties dropped and I need you inside me pronto!”
makes this go back into the bin of having MC be incompetent in landing any girl
for a long period of game time, even tho this game is about a savior profession: police man.

We all need to look at how macho Italian steeds or Spanish bulls look in police uniforms with
tight black pants, high shiny black boots, big dark sunglasses, a mighty motorcicle aside
and the pecs and guns of a wrestler bulging out of their uniforms.

MC has all of those, but this game is not taking any advantage of them,
MC is neutered, shy, undecided anxious pile of friend zoned puppy
of whom all the babes keep pushing around, stringing along, playing him raw.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
After playing through the download listed as "Chapter 2", it seems to contain the Prologue and all the story. Is there a reason why there is a separate "Chapter 1" download?
There really should not be a Chapter 1 download. Chapter 1 is included in the Chapter 2 version.

Reactions: EJW

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Too many changes in the works, there are different choices for different tastes.
There should always be the option to get the game version
that has the babe coming on to MC sex scene.
That should boost some real confidence in this puppy dog tale of bouncing babes.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ok im going to be honest here.. i dont totally love the changes.. yes a bit more depth has been added.. However a lot of the 'dark' nature the original was leaning on that added a interesting tone to the title has all but been lost.. Vanessa's new reveal was ruined.. Grace meeting mc via a phone call felt forced instead of just bumping into her at the coffee shop.. so much of that dark tone made the games tone and narrative feel gritty.. now it feels like a tv network took a scaple to it to make it audience friendly.. I was a patreon.. but i really dont like the new direction of the story.. you need your business partner back instead of insulting him through cheap shots and jabs during the sports commentary and others.. What made this title work has been stripped away and left it feeling generic
Oh and your new version of Kylie during the coffee shop meeting is horrible.. the quality is far removed from her origins

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Be reasonable here: MC had no meaningful options to do anything about all that shit.
This was a cop story in a game where MC had no cop actions we could play.
MC had no cop activities that had any impact on the story,
we just got all the bad with nothing good yet coming out of it.

We had a single sex scene. That was taken away swiftly.

Now MC has nothing to look forward to this whole game.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
ok im going to be honest here.. i dont totally love the changes.. yes a bit more depth has been added.. However a lot of the 'dark' nature the original was leaning on that added a interesting tone to the title has all but been lost.. Vanessa's new reveal was ruined.. Grace meeting mc via a phone call felt forced instead of just bumping into her at the coffee shop.. so much of that dark tone made the games tone and narrative feel gritty.. now it feels like a tv network took a scaple to it to make it audience friendly.. I was a patreon.. but i really dont like the new direction of the story.. you need your business partner back instead of insulting him through cheap shots and jabs during the sports commentary and others.. What made this title work has been stripped away and left it feeling generic
Oh and your new version of Kylie during the coffee shop meeting is horrible.. the quality is far removed from her origins
I think, if you try hard, you can find fault in just about anything. Remember, the original version had a scene where the MC made Saito cum just by kissing her... <cough>lame<cough>. There were lots of problems with the original version, not the least of which was the rambling in multiple languages at the cafe. WTH was that all about? Who does that?

Speaking as a failed developer myself, this shit is hard. Even when you have help, this shit is hard and for the most part, this dev is doing it all by themselves. You don't have to support them and you don't have to like the new story, but they are putting themselves out there and opening themselves up to criticism and you have to give them credit for having the courage to do that.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I think, if you try hard, you can find fault in just about anything. Remember, the original version had a scene where the MC made Saito cum just by kissing her... <cough>lame<cough>. There were lots of problems with the original version, not the least of which was the rambling in multiple languages at the cafe. WTH was that all about? Who does that?

Speaking as a failed developer myself, this shit is hard. Even when you have help, this shit is hard and for the most part, this dev is doing it all by themselves. You don't have to support them and you don't have to like the new story, but they are putting themselves out there and opening themselves up to criticism and you have to give them credit for having the courage to do that.
You are right the behavior of the characters was far detached from standard socially acceptable and was far from immersive. It was just there to serve the heavy-handed drama. It was soap opera level stuff.

I'll just wait for the next update to form my last opinion on this VN.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
OK, so...How does the relationships progression work in this story? Do I pick one girl and choose choices that give points (love/relation)? And for all the other ladies, pick the choices that don't give positive points? Because this isn't a harem game, I was wondering how it works when there are still other woman that haven't been introduced in the story yet. Or do I just collect points for all the girls, and later MC will be forced to choose one of the girls as a love interest...?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
How could this go on after the only sex scene was a hate induced filler of a girl coming on
to MC out of nowhere, based on his looks. Now, all the good jealousy helpless
games use girls jumping the asshole evil antagonist bones out of nowhere all the time,
so cutting out the one scene where MC receives the biggest compliment of his carreer:
”you look so dashing my panties dropped and I need you inside me pronto!”
makes this go back into the bin of having MC be incompetent in landing any girl
for a long period of game time, even tho this game is about a savior profession: police man.

We all need to look at how macho Italian steeds or Spanish bulls look in police uniforms with
tight black pants, high shiny black boots, big dark sunglasses, a mighty motorcicle aside
and the pecs and guns of a wrestler bulging out of their uniforms.

MC has all of those, but this game is not taking any advantage of them,
MC is neutered, shy, undecided anxious pile of friend zoned puppy
of whom all the babes keep pushing around, stringing along, playing him raw.
I am not trying to compare to previous releases, but this single release, I think the MC is focusing on his mission as a cop, not about scoring with college babes. He knows he could do it, but just wants to get through the mission. Some of the internal dialog sort of make him seem like he is trying to be sympathetic to them, and not just view them as empty brained fuck holes.

Just MHO - to each their own.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Future tags
  • Sexual:
Vaginal sex, Anal sex, Oral sex, Footjob, Teasing, Spanking, this is an maybe femdom... (maybe more)
  • Non-sexual:
Combat, (maybe more)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Future tags
  • Sexual:
maybe femdom... (maybe more)
  • Non-sexual:
Combat, (maybe more)

Undecided and surely not this version where we got no sex or anything.

Cameo

Oct 2, 2017
Knight_BP also there is a typo in a variable name in a classroom scene in EP 2, you're trying to increment aliceRep variable, but it should be aliceRel (it's not crashing because you're incrementing values the wrong way, i already explained that a couple of pages ago)
Edit: also you forgot to define variables for Grace and Eveline

Last edited:
Reactions: rolfcopter
3.60 star(s) 56 Votes