VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Plotholes? I see a shitty show as Game of Thrones had a lot of followers and then we can talk about plotholes! I couldn't see more than 2 seasons because it was so cringy, but I have no problem playing this game. Even if this one also has some plotholes...

So, I'll come back for more. (y)
:devilish:

Reactions: EJW and Sleepy666

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Hey, so really short update but I've started working on ch.3 already, I'll give you a huge update in a couple of weeks when I've started working on actual renders.
Ch.1 fix will be uploaded hopefully sometime this month.
That is all
King regards
-Knight

mooncasterdk

Oct 15, 2022
Be reasonable here: MC had no meaningful options to do anything about all that shit.
This was a cop story in a game where MC had no cop actions we could play.
MC had no cop activities that had any impact on the story,
we just got all the bad with nothing good yet coming out of it.

We had a single sex scene. That was taken away swiftly.

Now MC has nothing to look forward to this whole game.
Dude wtf . I remember the previous version the changes are better. If i want a fap simulator only i will play other games ,there is a lot of those out there. Also the way girls would throw themselves to MC in previous version was unrealistic. This version is better and no idc that there is no sex scenes. Look at Summers Gone one of the best adult VNs i have read. There is no sex scenes , only in the last 2 updates is when it started to get more spicy and it is one of the best adult VNs. The best VNs are not the ones with sex scenes but the ones that have good story and realistic and well done character development being it adult or non adult ones . Also the developer does say at the beginning of the story ( i guess you were too lazy to read ) that this rework would take awhile to get sex scenes , because he is focusing in the story and character development first , but it will eventually get sex scenes , like Summers Gone eventually will as well . If you want sex scenes go play another game.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The action is part of the story. Now the character with a sex scene feels neutered,
with the sex scene gone. With a game this huge in characters, having one girl actually
going for the MC, as opposed to the boss who is confident about throwing MC outta the office
and into undercover work, the babes who need help but do not know how or what to say,
the antiheroes who have already caught our interest, MC and a hottie have their sex scene taken away, along with some actually disconcerting thought process of a girl who
now seems more in tune with the game, motivations and feelings of the other characters.
There is no actual reason to take the adult stuff out, because real adults are not afraid
to do the dirty, so actual characters suddenly loosing their sex life to ” good story and realistic and well done character development ” regress into a faded state. There is this feeling the character missing the sex scene was not developing anywhere anyway, MC has no interest in her and her only chance was throwing herself at him, because the actual hotties MC is pining for keep him at a distance. There is another game with the hot teacher being the sex relief, nobody was bothered, rather happy there was someone actually adult enough in the adult game they were playing. MC has other activities for ”plot and meaningful storytelling”
shenanigans.

• Angry
Reactions: EJW

луна

Aug 24, 2021
One thing i didnt understood Nessa is supposed to be MC´s sister or best friend? And what she mean when she says i cant see you dying again

mooncasterdk

Oct 15, 2022
One thing i didnt understood Nessa is supposed to be MC´s sister or best friend? And what she mean when she says i cant see you dying again
Nessa is MC's childhood friend. When she says "i cant see you dying again" its part of the plot of the movie , it hasn't been revealed yet what that means.

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Hello patrons
Where I am right now
So i've started out rendering a few days ago and writing at the same time, it's going well. However School and IRL work has some conflict you could say, still trying to do my best with time and with what I have. Not gonna lie I'm kind of struggling on that but I'm doing my best. The next update might take some time, not only because of school and IRL work but because I'm also planning to add animations.
How's the progress looking?
Currently progress is moderate to say the least, this update will defiently take time, but I'll do my best to render and work hard on the game as much as I can. I'm also looking to upgrade or get a new PC just for rendering, however that's in the air a the moment. I want to also add that I've removed a love intrest who was in the end of chapter 2, It doesn't make any sense to add another love intrest who is a look alike for the MC. I'm gonna just focus on the main cast instead. But I plan to let you guys meet MC's mom :D
Also I'm quite happy with what I have on the roadmap, there is a lot of things I've got planned, I'm however still not finished, I've actually got an ending now, which before I didn't (I know smart right?). I didn't really understand before how I can write and do things, but I'm slowly evolving which is great!
I'm also planning for a scene with animations ;)
Previews

NOTE: Things in this image will change not final

Progress
Renders - 70
Words - 1000
Scenes 2/?
Chapter 1 Tweaks
So as you know I've done some reworking (yeah I know it's become a thing of mine) on some scenes, they're finished, it's currently just being coded on now. There were things I wasn't happy with what I did, so I changed them, also got some help from other people and got comments and suggestions on fixes.
I need your help
So I'm looking for people who are willing to help and proofread some scenes, what you basically are gonna do is give feedback on scenes I written down and tell me if it needs changing etc and also you can help me by looking for typos. I'm looking for three active proofreaders and sorry but I can't afford to pay. Maybe once I get bigger I'll start paying for it. But I'll pay with customs :)
Patreon?
So i've re-enabled payments now, so you will be charged next month. I'll start setting up customs and polls next month. You guys will decide of course on a few things such as clothing and sex postions when the time comes. I want to say thank you everyone for supporting me, it helps a lot and I'm doing my best not to dissapoint :D
Kind Regards
-Knight

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
I first played the very first release of game and then directly this ch 2 rework version of game.

Missed the background music which was there before, it could have elevated many scenes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't know why but, I actually felt connected more with the previous version characters than current (except some scenes). Maybe it was due to overdramatic tone. But the current approach will be fruitful in long term. Some inconsistency can be felt in conversation with Grace & Vanessa. Maybe it was kept for future chapters to clear with. For me as player I didn't got clearly why this characters feel so much towards me as MC. Maybe some past.

Really liked the Victoria scene. It was very creative thinking. Addition of Sancho character was also good choice.

Knight_BP About the sex scenes you can add dream versions for now. Like In Badik how we got the Jade scene in the first chapter rather than having none. Here the stuff from previous version can be used, instead of putting efforts in creating new. The miss Saito scene can be used. Just be subtle about writing it. Like MC not having much control in this scenes and others are approaching MC.

I was about to comment regarding clipping of clothes but nice to see that you're using zbrush. For Only clothing you can also use Marvelous Designer this also have a great tutorial about how to do it on YouTube ( ). You can master this within few hours. Very easy to go with.

What is this tool /software name?

In this genre (cop), free roams can also be integrated in very smooth way. Finding clues and all. Giving users control to explore that. Would feel like being a detective. But it would be in very distant future. My suggestion would be just go as you have planned. Write in smart way so that it'd be easier to integrate this after the game is finished. Maybe not but don't restrict imaginations.

Great to see you achieving such feats at such young age. Long way to go.
Godspeed, Knight :giggle:

• Angry
Reactions: qaywsx and VegaNac

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Hello Everyone

Hows the progress?
I'm not going to lie, it's not very fast, it's because of IRL work, but this should be good, I'm planning to buy a RTX 3090 TI. Which will help me a lot. Currently I've got a 3060, it's good for what it does but I'm currently trying to implement animations.
Animations?!
Yes, you read it right. I'm currently adding Animations into the game, chapter 1 and chapter 3 will get it. Currently two are finished in terms of setting up. But animation rendering takes a few days depending on what you are going for. A 3090TI will help a lot when it comes to animations.
Renders
Honestly haven't rendered as much as I should've, but my PC is still working a lot. The reason is because I've raised the res from 1440p to 4k. It makes the render look better. However it takes a long time for each render. I need to get an upgrade asap
Writing
So I've been adding more scenes, to flesh out and world build the world of Vetro City. So far it's progressing well in terms of writing.
Current progress
Renders: 333 rendered
Writing: 5443 words
Animations: 6/?
Zbrush
Been getting into Zbrush lately, a fellow big bibi dev suggested I should get involved in Zbrush and it could help me, which honestly is helping me a lot. Terms of quality. I'll show you a few images.

If you look at Alice, the shirt isn't glued to her breasts anymore

Previews

Do you have a release date yet?
No unfortunately, due to me having IRL job and studying. Well let's just say this release is gonna take longer than others, especially when Animations are being worked on.
Kind Regards
-Knight

raider_manhc

Jul 12, 2018

Hey, so really short update but I've started working on ch.3 already, I'll give you a huge update in a couple of weeks when I've started working on actual renders.
Ch.1 fix will be uploaded hopefully sometime this month.
That is all
King regards
-Knight
so its been more than a couple of weeks, any news of progress?

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
so its been more than a couple of weeks, any news of progress?

Hows the progress?

I'll keep this brief this status report, currently working as much as I can, I'm making progress terms of the game, I have no notion on when it will be released, but I can tell you that there is progress at least.

So I wanted to buy a 3090 this month, however unforunatley there is some IRL complications with that. But it won't be a big issue, it's just a slight delay...I hope.

Current progress

Renders:
542 rendered

Writing: 9719 words

Previews

Basically it, I don't really have much to say other that I'm currently busy and working on the game and the 3090 topic. But these previews should give you some insight on what's going on :D

Kind Regards

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Hello everyone!!!
I hope everyone is going to having or had a happy new year, I have a huge suprise today to give you guys before we continue on to 2023. But first let me give you the status currently
Current progress
Renders:
710 rendered
Writing: 11501 words
Previews

Huge suprise
I got hold of a 3090 TI!! Finally, So far this GPU is running like a dream! this render before took 1 hour and 59 minutes, but after the GPU upgrade this took only 41 minutes

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes