VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Uriiels

Oct 29, 2021

Hello everyone!!!
I hope everyone is going to having or had a happy new year, I have a huge suprise today to give you guys before we continue on to 2023. But first let me give you the status currently
Current progress
Renders:
710 rendered
Writing: 11501 words
Animations: 6/?
Previews

Huge suprise
I got hold of a 3090 TI!! Finally, So far this GPU is running like a dream! this render before took 1 hour and 59 minutes, but after the GPU upgrade this took only 41 minutes
Thanks for sharing the game devlop posts

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

Hello Patrons!
I've status reports of Chapter 1 and Chapter 3, I've worked on both and honestly I feel a lot better adding a much better introduction to the charachters in chapter 1 and also more, I've also worked very much last week on Chapter 3 and written down a lot of dialouge, so far I can't wait until you guys see this update, it's going to be huge, now I'll give progress of both chapters now.

Current Progress Ch.1

Renders:
595 New renders (Note, some scenes may or may not chang)
Writing: 6517
Animations: 1

Previews
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Current progress Ch.3

Renders:
765 rendered
Writing: 14501 words
Animations: 6

Previews

Music
So I've been listening around to music for the game and I think I might have found some good alternatives, of course this will cost a bit for the lisence but I believe this is worth it for the game. I'm also aiming for music that's okay, not the best or the worst, something that will be easy and good to listen to while you play the game. At the moment I'm trying to get it into the game, but I won't promise anything

Animations
So far the card is wonderful when it comes to animations, I haven't gotten the opertunity to utilize this card fully and make a lot of animations, I'm still novice when it comes to animations, but I will get to a level where I can make cinematics, I know this, I just need to keep going.

Poll incoming
There will be a clothing poll coming soon :p

Any questions message DM on patreon or Discord

Kind regards

-Knight

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
before i download this, i just want to make sure is MC a police undercover and infiltrate as college/senior high school student? And MC will make a friend with a girl that has a successful CEO sister(if my memory is correct) that quite dislike MC?

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Could someone post the latest status update?

Hello Patrons!
I'm not gonna lie, lately I've been burnout, I tried to setup renders but with little to success, I have made some progress in writing but not much terms of renders. But I'm aiming for a better workflow this feburary, setting up renders like I always do for each week, but taking it a bit slow terms of putting pressure on myself. I can say this coming update will be the biggest one i've ever done. there will be a lot of renders on chapter 3 alone and I can't wait for you guys to get hands on it. I honestly have no clue on the release, there is still a lot that needs to be worked on.

Renders: 943 rendered
Writing: 19472 words

What's going on with Chapter 1?
I'll continue to develop Chapter 1 however at the end of the dev phase, I like to focus first forward then look back. Chapter 3 is my top priority at the moment

Music
I've been saving up money to get lisence for the game, it's very costly from what I've seen. But it will be worth it and will add much better flavour for the game.

Previews

3090 Ti is a beast!
Been rendering crowds now and more charachters in each render, been trying to build up the world and make it more lively. Problem with my old card was I couldn't render more than 4+ people. Now I can render 10 and in a good scene maybe even 12! It also helps that I have a lot more cuda cores than my previous cards so it renders much faster. Adding more charachters in each scene will however cause more posing work. Which if you have never worked DAZ before, it takes longer in some cases than the images rendering. Ocean has been giving me some advice and pointers too which is lovely.

Animations
I plan to setup more animations however at the mid point of development to the end point. This require a lot of hours to get right.

What now?
I'm gonna jump on to rendering, however like I said earlier will be more careful to now burn myself out, I've started to use a few methods to help me out with this. As a result I will be more consistent with renders because of this :)

If you have any questions or concerns DM me here or on Discord, I hope everyone is gonna have a great weekend :)

Kind regards

-Knight

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

Hello Patrons, I don't have much to talk about, Progress is currently moving. Finally we've reached over 1k renders for Chapter 3 alone, there is still work that needs to be done, but I can say we're getting close for Chapter 3 ;)

NGL been struggling kind of making progress terms of renders, this update is far not my best terms of me being effective. I'm still looking for stratgies to combat burnouts and stresses, if you have any tips I mean might as well write them down, worth a shot :)

Music
It's gonna be tricky not gonna lie, it's quite espensive to liscene I gonna still save up, I'll also look around at the same time if there is any more cheaper but good music alternatives.

Renders: 1131 rendered
Writing: 19472 words

Previews:

It's a short update really, I hope I have more to give you guys next week :D

Kind regards

-Knight

weeeiaaas

Jun 27, 2021
Question. Who actually listens to the music used in the VNs? Personally I enjoy certain piano sets on loop and mute every single VN I play. And the few times I tried I found it very hard to enjoy. Maybe I just do not get the setting the devs are trying to portray but every time I listen to music in VNs it feels out of place. Would love to know if I am the only one thinking this or if I am a minority in this.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Question. Who actually listens to the music used in the VNs? Personally I enjoy certain piano sets on loop and mute every single VN I play. And the few times I tried I found it very hard to enjoy. Maybe I just do not get the setting the devs are trying to portray but every time I listen to music in VNs it feels out of place. Would love to know if I am the only one thinking this or if I am a minority in this.
I am in the same boat usually, only a few where i actually don't mute the music cus it hits the spot (A.O.A Academy, Being a DIK, Chasing Sunsets, Eternum) else i also tend to listen to some beautiful music tracks and mute in game sound ;)

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

Hello everyone, hope you are well

So far so good
I've been rendering and writing quite a lot lately, so far I feel like this update is going to be the biggest and best one in my opinion. I'm happy how things are going, I just sadly still have no release that and I'm hoping to get it done asap. But I have a feeling chapter 4 will be better terms of update cycle but no promises

Music
I'm going to get some music from preimum beats, however there is a downside with it. Once I get my game ready for steam release a lot of the songs will need to be replaced. Right now I feel like this the best option, because right now I don't have enough financially to pay artists directly and have a good lisence

Renders: 1321 rendered
Writing: 21050 words

Previews:

I'll so you guys next status report, anything you want to take up with me DM :)

Kind Regards

-Knight

Desastrousman

Apr 26, 2020
7 months, is the game dead? because I was going to start playing but it's been so long without an update, I'm afraid to start

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
The fact that the game only had 2 episodes and a rework till now and the dev is already starting to feel burned out is a sign of game either getting abandoned or on hold for a long while in future. Also the fact that his patron support isn't that high adds to the fire. I hope he can get out of it cuz the game surely got potential.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
The fact that the game only had 2 episodes and a rework till now and the dev is already starting to feel burned out is a sign of game either getting abandoned or on hold for a long while in future. Also the fact that his patron support isn't that high adds to the fire. I hope he can get out of it cuz the game surely got potential.
It really is the ones with good potential that this happens to,Sadly.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes