Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
any update news?
broken promises?
Chapter 3 is close to being finished...
(from mid April)
this aged well :BootyTime:

p.s.
dev didnt do any estimate, apart from posting "final preview" (nearly) a month ago.
yet no one can take hope/estimation from the players...though those usually are (very) wrong ones...as that quite optimistic user quoted here :HideThePain:

• Sad
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
Dude wtf . I remember the previous version the changes are better. If i want a fap simulator only i will play other games ,there is a lot of those out there. Also the way girls would throw themselves to MC in previous version was unrealistic. This version is better and no idc that there is no sex scenes. Look at Summers Gone one of the best adult VNs i have read. There is no sex scenes , only in the last 2 updates is when it started to get more spicy and it is one of the best adult VNs. The best VNs are not the ones with sex scenes but the ones that have good story and realistic and well done character development being it adult or non adult ones . Also the developer does say at the beginning of the story ( i guess you were too lazy to read ) that this rework would take awhile to get sex scenes , because he is focusing in the story and character development first , but it will eventually get sex scenes , like Summers Gone eventually will as well . If you want sex scenes go play another game.
thats a lot of copium

• Angry
Reactions: Sleepy666

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
OK. I'm praying to Apollo, the God of Chastity and Swiftness, to give us all strength to overcome Chaos and arrive at our Chapter 3, be it cute and loooooong!

PS. Oh shit, swiftness is about Hermes... Well, now I'm praying to Hermes too.

PPS. Not "too" - I'm sorry, Hermes, that was a clumsy expression. All hail to you, Alswifty Hermes, and your brother Apollo!

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
for lazy ones who dont want to open the patreon :p

Knight & Zeus and Chapter 3 Release dates
Heyo, I hope everyone is doing well!

So, we have some things to talk about today, the future of the project, how things are at the moment, our goals and some explanations.
The current status of the project.
A few days ago it was reported here on Patreon that Broken Promisses is no longer a single person project, if you haven't seen it on discord in the last few weeks we are now a duo. We've been working together since November of last year and everything is going well, some of the status reports you've read over the last few months were written by me, so it's nice to finally meet you :) - Zeus
I got an invitation from Knight to join the project after helping him with proofreading for a while, it turns out we have a similar view of things both IRL and towards the game which makes it all great, over time we ended up becoming great friends and we have a lot of ideas and wishes for the future of the game, I can't wait for you guys to see it.
As I said, we've been together since November so my work was mainly on Chapter 3, at the moment I'm doing some readjustments on Chapter 2 (don't worry, just lines of dialogue) and also finalizing the writing of Chapter 1, yeah... Chapter 1. I'm familiar with the entire history of the project, the current Chapter 1 was a failed attempt to repair the damage caused by that terrible first version and the bad release of the game.
I believe I have a good vision of how things should go from here to the end of the story and the tone I want for our story, Knight always being supportive and giving his own feedback makes everything easier, nothing is put into the game without us both agreeing 100% with that.
Code
Here is a little story of overcoming obstacles, we have the text and the renders ready since the end of June, we were waiting for the code to be ready because it was done by a third person who unfortunately had to abandon the project, on the 20th of this month we received a build of the game which well... was far from ideal, the next 5 days were a lot of learning for Knight and I, we owe huge thanks to Fax who was an angel at that time. From now on, the game's code will be done by just the two of us, which will make the next releases faster and easier to work with.
Music
So during the development of Chapter 3 we were looking at music for the game, unfortunately we found out the hard way that it's pretty... expensive. At the moment we are not going to add a soundtrack for the whole game, maybe some music in certain scenes but at the moment the values don't help us and we also don't want to add any generic lofi running in loop for all scenes, less is more sometimes. As support increases we will invest in that point.
What the future holds for us
We were having a conversation a few days ago about the next releases, how long the delay for a new update harms the project and etc, so we came up with the idea of *(for now)* releasing half chapters, the next one not being chapter 4 but the 3.5, you may have already seen this in other games and believe me, from the development side this is the best possible method at the moment, this in addition to making updates come more frequently will help us to stabilize the base of BP players which it has suffered too much in the past xD.
With all the past history, why work with someone again?
So after I seperated from my previous writer, working alone was difficult, I had a lot of things going on in my life. Was demotivated because I wasn't a good writer and having to do two things when I am not really qualified to write. I don't really have a creative mind in terms of writing, I'm good at showing things but I'm not good when it comes to explaining and putting things down on paper. But when I met Zeus, and Zeus was proofreading for me, being active and giving advice. I saw something, someone who was very creative and showed passion for the project. But I was hesitant, knowing my past history with my previous writers I didn't want to get another one because I don't want another controversial situation, because the game has already been effected a lot by it. So I asked Zeus to write for me, on the condition that we keep it under the radar to see how things were.
There is one example I want to bring that made me want to have Zeus as my writer. I wrote a scene of a beloved main, where she was shouting and being angry at someone, I sent it to Zeus. But Zeus, told me it wouldn't make any sense knowing how the main is and how she reacted in previous scenes. This showed me 3 things, that Zeus knows my charachters very well. He is very passionate about our characters and he knows how to write a scene that makes sense for a character and isn't out of their character.
After that and the amount of times he was respectful to me, which if for me is a huge plus and his writing and creativity. I said we are a team now and he's got a lot of freedom, sometimes I don't need to get involved in the story. Because he knows the characters better than me and hell his ideas are really good and so creative that I'm happy Zeus is onboard.
Chapter 3!
The last few days we spent testing the new update and we feel good to announce the release dates for the new update:
Sergeant and above: 31/7
Detective: 3/8
Officer: 7/8
We completed the goal of finishing this month!
I believe we didn't forget anything so now we can only thank each one of you guys who has been supporting the project even in its darkest days, things will be better from now on. Hope you like the new update :)
- Knight & Zeus

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Broken Promises [Ch.3.1 BETA Rework]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Changelog please?
There isn't one. I checked Patreon, the only thing there is what's posted publicly and this:

BP Chapter 0.31Beta Update Officers
Hello Guys, Here is Broken Promsises Chapter 3 Beta. NOTE Chapter 1 still not finshed will be released in Full version. Also some animations have been scrapped because it didn't live to up to Knight's satisfaciton.

Also your saves might not work because we've upgraded Broken Promises to Renpy 8.1.1

Update: 0.31 fixes some typos and also images.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Woodalicca
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes