VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
The fact that the game only had 2 episodes and a rework till now and the dev is already starting to feel burned out is a sign of game either getting abandoned or on hold for a long while in future. Also the fact that his patron support isn't that high adds to the fire. I hope he can get out of it cuz the game surely got potential.
Dude, it's been a long time and nothing new has been published. Despite this, he has 70 patreons. I think that's good enough, if it starts giving regular updates we'll see it gets even better.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

Hey everyone, hope you're doing well!

First of all, sorry for taking so long to post a status report.

BAD NEWS
So, I've been without internet since Friday, it's complete shit and I'm trying my best to solve this problem. The "bright side" of this is that it doesn't affect game development as I have all the material downloaded to render, I'll just be offline from Discord and Patreon until I get this resolved.

GOOD NEWS
The writing for Chapter 3 is completely finished and coding has been underway for a few days now, meanwhile renderings are proceeding normally.

Renders: 1671
Writing:
Animations: 6

Previews
Currently unable to post previews because of internet problem
*(Until I solve this internet problem I won't have as many previews to show)*

-Knight

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well.

Something I forgot to mention
So I took an exam on the 15th of April. I forgot to mention this in my previous status report due to the stress of trying to fix my internet. But I didn't render much, unfortunately, because I was so focused on this test. However, I'm back now and I'm going to work on the game.

What's with Chapter 3?
So far so good, I'm working on the biggest scene of the chapter and the game too, it's been tiring but seeing the result is great.

Animations?
So I want to make this clear so there's no confusion, I'll be working on more animations, but towards the end of the development phase. Animations take a lot of time, patience, and resources to get right. So I like to save it in the end

Chapter 3 progress:

- Renderings: 1698
- Writing: Complete
- Animations: 6

Previews
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What's going on with Chapter 1?
So I will release Chapter 3 BETA first, BETA will ONLY have chapter 3 in it. Chapter 1 will be added in Chapter 3 Complete. I need more time for chapter 1 so I can release it, The plans for chapter 1 are good and consistent, this will be the last time I change it. As soon as I'm done with Chapter 1, I'll release the full patch for it.

Yours sincerely,

- Knight

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
7 months, is the game dead? because I was going to start playing but it's been so long without an update, I'm afraid to start
Chapter 3 is close to being finished, and chapter 1 remake will be done afterwards, already good progress on that. The reason it has taken so long is because he is a solo dev, has exams, and a lot of people complaining, he was about to abandon the game altogether. Not too long ago he got a new gpu and render process speed up by a lot, game is not dead at all, just taking a while.
This is one of those games where quality is top, and the story draws you in wanting to know more, at least in my case, i would say give it a go.

Btw love your sigs ; D

• Red Heart
Reactions: hyuk_reaper

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Chapter 3 is close to being finished, and chapter 1 remake will be done afterwards, already good progress on that. The reason it has taken so long is because he is a solo dev, has exams, and a lot of people complaining, he was about to abandon the game altogether. Not too long ago he got a new gpu and render process speed up by a lot, game is not dead at all, just taking a while.
This is one of those games where quality is top, and the story draws you in wanting to know more, at least in my case, i would say give it a go.

Btw love your sigs ; D
He's doing ch.1 again? Think that will be like his 4th ch.1.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: blazejro

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Has anyone had access to the status update that Dev just released on Patreon?
Is this one dead?
Does not look like dead, and here is the update, well status that is..

Unlocked
Chapter 3 Status report #13
Hey! A quick status report today.
What's going on?
Sorry for not posting one earlier than this, but I was working a lot in real life and in game, I finished 2 scenes now and working on this current one. We are close I can tell you. Now chapter 3 will be released as Beta, there is going to be stuff added in the final, Such as Chapter 1. Chapter 1 currently is not up to my satisfaction. I have something to annouce after Chapter 3 Beta, something special.
Renders
I see that I have personally improved some aspects of my renders a lot and I am satisfied with that, of course, I still have a long way to go but when I look back I am happy to see how things are today.
What's happening now
This week I'll continue with the renders as well as the writing of chapter 1. Speaking of Chapter 1 here is a sneak peak

Starting a new scene is always exciting for many reasons but now realizing how close we are to the end... Makes it even more exciting, currently with renders!

You may notice some renders are better, well the ones from chapter 1 are rendered months ago Currently I'm still working on Chapter 1 terms of writing, I'm going back to chapter 1 after chapter 3 Beta is released. Will do my best to release chapter 3 full asap

Kind Regards

-Knight

I plucked a couple of images and there are a few..

1685915030704.png

1685915119364.png

1685915170359.png

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
So,re-doing chapter 1 for third time and chapter 3 at same time? What is next? Another year waiting for re-doing chapter 2 and doing chapter 4? Im starting to think that dev is stuck story wise and keep coming back to re-do stuff. This rythm ain't gonna keep ppl forever waiting and that magic number of patreons(69) aren't happy either. It's not multi path based game like some others to need that time to develop,but hey is for free and if I don't like what is served I will go somewhere else. Just my 2 cents,that's all.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes