• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Lilfam

Aug 16, 2017
I made a Samus Pack. I did at best a mediocre job of tagging with one hand. B+ , Has a bk.ini that I took from the amazing Araminth's bayonetta pack, and edited to fit Samus. I mention that incase there are leftovers from Bayonetta and to give credit. Feel free to edit all that jazz.

Last edited:

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Need some assistance. Im in the middle of coding a new interface / skill tree and I want to do stuff with stats like "rank", "love", "fear", etc.

Code:
            $ inspect_test = girl.get_stat("body") ##This works
            $ inspect_test2 = girl.get_stat("fear") ##This doesn't work
I can call stats like "body" and "charm" perfectly fine, but when calling those mentioned above I get the following error: 1661957181364.png

Can I get around this without editing the game files? I just need the raw number to start experimenting with some interesting talents (like scaling skill changes with love, or gaining x amount of jp the higher the fear modifier is)

alextron98

Jan 7, 2020
Need some assistance. Im in the middle of coding a new interface / skill tree and I want to do stuff with stats like "rank", "love", "fear", etc.

Code:
            $ inspect_test = girl.get_stat("body") ##This works
            $ inspect_test2 = girl.get_stat("fear") ##This doesn't work
I can call stats like "body" and "charm" perfectly fine, but when calling those mentioned above I get the following error: View attachment 2016631

Can I get around this without editing the game files? I just need the raw number to start experimenting with some interesting talents (like scaling skill changes with love, or gaining x amount of jp the higher the fear modifier is)
I think you can use just girl.fear for this

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
It works for fear, and also for love and rank, thanks!

As a side note im gonna try to implement some unique but hopefully balanced effects (1 skill point costs 1000 gold, although I still recommend the game on the hardest difficulty)

1661972893938.png
(this basically converts all Refinement into Libido)

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
Is there an programm that allows easy addition of pics or vids to an existing Girlpack ?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Is there an programm that allows easy addition of pics or vids to an existing Girlpack ?

The actual adding of pics is simple. Just drop them in the same directory. The thing that takes some work is tagging/naming the pics correctly. Most of the regular pack makers use the Tagging Tool, linked on the OP of this thread. It's a tool built specifically for tagging image/video files for BK.

Get the tool, put the existing pack in the "game/image" directory under the tool's folder, then add your new pics into the pack's folder. Run the tool, and you can name all the new images with a few clicks. You may want to generic the file names of the new pics first to avoid the tool getting false positives from the existing file names. I normally use a bulk renamer tool to name all file to something like aaaa00001.jpg before I start on a pack.

Jdozer

Feb 21, 2019
An alternative for folks on windows, you can bulk rename a bunch of files without using an external program. Just select everything, right click on one file, and rename that file, and Windows will automatically rename everything to the same name and append a number at the end to avoid naming conflicts.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's advisable to use girl.get_love() and girl.get_fear(), because there may be love/fear-scaling effects involved and you ignore them by calling the raw stat.

Rank is okay.

(this basically converts all Refinement into Libido)
This has the reverse problem: girl.change_stat() applies all sorts of boosts. If your girl is e.g. 'Slutty', then you convert Refinement into 1.25 the value in Libido.

You can access raw stats via girl.stats[X].value. X runs from 0 to 7 in the same order as the stat display. Sex skills use sex_stats instead of stats.

Reactions: Earliestbird

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
This has the reverse problem: girl.change_stat() applies all sorts of boosts. If your girl is e.g. 'Slutty', then you convert Refinement into 1.25 the value in Libido.

You can access raw stats via girl.stats[X].value. X runs from 0 to 7 in the same order as the stat display. Sex skills use sex_stats instead of stats.
Aaahh, I kinda like that actually, allowing a low chance for some synergy. But I will definitely use the value method, too!
The skill tree should be balanced with 3 things; 1 skillpoint costs 1k gold (the game needs more Gold sink imo), each augment can only be purchased once, and they have downsides like negative effects and locking out other skills from the tree. Example:
untitled.PNG

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you like it and want to use it, go ahead. I just figured you'd like to know what you're getting into. :)

I like the idea, but... Honestly, if I were you, I'd collaborate with Goldo and get these things integrated into the game as some sort of alternate perk system, with their own screen and all. Maybe make a mod and ask for mod hooks if Goldo doesn't want to complicate the game as is.

Some other remarks: I would personally make some new traits/perks for these effects instead of just changing values behind the scenes. The only problem would be whether the UI can accommodate all these new entries, but didn't the perks part get scrollability at some point?

1K seems pretty low to me, actually. Go and check how much Wyvern Eggs and Jewel Bags cost, 1K is not a real money sink come mid-game.

Group +2 and all sex skills -1 ends up with group +1, since group sex must also have a sex act. Seems kinda lackluster to me.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
If you like it and want to use it, go ahead. I just figured you'd like to know what you're getting into. :)

I like the idea, but... Honestly, if I were you, I'd collaborate with Goldo and get these things integrated into the game as some sort of alternate perk system, with their own screen and all. Maybe make a mod and ask for mod hooks if Goldo doesn't want to complicate the game as is.

Some other remarks: I would personally make some new traits/perks for these effects instead of just changing values behind the scenes. The only problem would be whether the UI can accommodate all these new entries, but didn't the perks part get scrollability at some point?
If Goldo is down, I'd be delighted to send over the code once it's finished and see if he can work some magic to implement it into the game.

Since I know jack-all about coding I still can't for the life of me figure out how to make a mod, or how to bring up a list of girls and select one so that the code applies specifically to her, etc. That's why I have to copy/paste the code into each of my girl packs, with unique names for all my labels (label girlname_*), otherwise the whole thing breaks.

I have ideas for gameplay, and I'd be super happy to write events and dialogue (especially lewd ones), so if we do a collab I'd probably be the most useful in relation to these things.

Reactions: __neronero

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In that case you're adviced to make an account at and make a thread there. Goldo probably doesn't read F95 any more now that the new site is up and running.

Making a mod isn't hard. Take e.g. the Headhunter, copy the mod file over and change the info. Writing it is a bit more complicated, but you're already doing the most important parts. Hooking things into mod structure or getting Goldo to add mod hooks is relatively easy compared to that.

As to events, Goldo's been inviting people to write events for years. I imagine he'd be delighted to get a new writer.

Reactions: __neronero

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
How can I navigate to an entirely fresh screen? I tried "Hide('main_menu')", "hide screen right_menu" and a bunch of other things like changing scenes (scene black), even placing these lines in several locations, but the main menu keeps following me like a dyslexic chicken.

First I open a menu, code taken from King's Way mod, to select a girl. That box in the bottom-right should hide itself AND the main menu, but it's not doing anything.

1662051970588.png

Then after the girl is selected the menu comes back in its full glory

1662051588208.png

This is the current code setup for the selection screen that should call the Mod label (note that I still haven't removed some parts from the KW mod, first I'd just like to make it work):

Code:
screen augment_but():

text ""

textbutton "The Augment Laboratory":

action [Hide('augment_but'), Hide('main_menu'), Hide('right_menu'), Show('augment_main')]
        tooltip "Go to the hunting lobby to hunt monsters"

##########################

screen augment_main():

modal True
    frame:
        background '#aace'
        xfill True
        yfill True
        has vbox
        hbox:
            textbutton 'Close' action Hide('augment_main')
            textbutton "Main Character" action SetVariable("augment_menu", "mainc")
            textbutton "Select Girl" action [SetVariable("augment_menu", "slave"),SetVariable("girl_augment", "")]
            textbutton "King's Way Options" action SetVariable("augment_menu", "option")
        if augment_menu == "option":
            use KW_Options
        elif augment_menu == "slave":
            if girl_augment == "":
                use augment_girl_selection
        $ renpy.block_rollback()

screen augment_girl_selection:

hbox:
        vbox:
            xsize 400
            text 'Your Girl'
            vpgrid:
                cols 1
                xfill True
                mousewheel True
                scrollbars "vertical"
                spacing 0
                for girl in MC.girls:
                    textbutton "{}".format(girl.get_name()) action [SetVariable("girl_augment",girl), Hide("augment_girl_selection"), Hide("augment_main"), Jump("augment_lab_screen")]

##    if girl_augment == "girl":
        ##        Jump("augment_lab_screen")

Edit: also, after the last label runs, the game quits to the main menu (even with "return")

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How can I navigate to an entirely fresh screen?
Something like this:
Code:
selected_destination = result    # as a string, e.g. "augment_main"
jump teleport
Attached to a button:
Code:
action (SetVariable("selected_destination", "augment_main"), Jump("teleport"))

Note that 'teleport' is Goldo's custome label that does all the hiding and stuff, it's not a built-in Ren'Py feature.

...the main menu keeps following me like a dyslexic chicken.
That is oddly specific. :)

Last edited:

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Something like this:
Code:
selected_destination = result    # as a string, e.g. "augment_main"
jump teleport
Attached to a button:
Code:
action (SetVariable("selected_destination", "augment_main"), Jump("teleport"))

Note that 'teleport' is Goldo's custome label that does all the hiding and stuff, it's not a built-in Ren'Py feature.
Thank you, it works! Do you know how to return back in the main brothel screen? Teleport only works for labels and I don't know what the correct one is. The "return" command sends me in the Renpy main menu.

Teleport back to "main" or "brothel" don't work.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
AFAIK, "main" should work. That's how the game does it, and I even checked it right now with the console. Maybe there's something else going on, can you upload your scripts?

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
AFAIK, "main" should work. That's how the game does it, and I even checked it right now with the console. Maybe there's something else going on, can you upload your scripts?
Don't know what the problem was exactly but after I deleted the original girlpack I used for the skill tree, it fixed the issue. Teleporting there and back now works perfectly. Somehow even managed to make that pesky "mods" tab close automatically.

About saving the game: this is the line that ensures everything is saved correctly, right? 1662060614535.png

Hopefully I can stop bothering you guys now that I have (some of) the modding fundamentals down :whistle:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You probably had some duplicate variables overwriting each other.

About saving the game: this is the line that ensures everything is saved correctly, right?
Yes. defaulting the mod template or doing something else that makes Ren'Py store the variable in one of its stores would also work.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
How difficult is it to keep a girl with high fear stat for a longer period of gameplay? I'm thinking about a skill that would give 1 point randomly split between the 8 main skills for every point of fear the girl has (max fear is 125), then reset the girl's fear to zero.

Because if it's difficult, the challenge itself would be raising the fear that high without the girl running away.
If it's not difficult, I'll have to nerf it somehow, like 1 point per 2 fear value for example.

Asking because I never did an evil playthrough.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote