Brothel King - Girl packs and Mods Collection

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Not really sure there is any other way for that stage than just running them through the tagging tool. I do several other passes first to eliminate as many pics as possible through other means.

I'll note that I use what I refer to as a "top-down" style of pack building. That means that I mass download for the character, and then do steps to chip away at the mass. Eventually a pack emerges.

The other style, which IMHO is easier for new pack makers to use, I refer to as "bottom-up". You start with targeted searches of the R34 sites, to try to collect only those pics that you expect to actually use. From a combination of these searches, a pack emerges.

But in both cases one of the latter steps is the tagging tool. And while the tool is miles better than manual tagging, you still have to handle the pics one by one. That's the stage where the indespensible human judgement comes into play for how each pic should be tagged.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
For anime-girls, one more thing to consider while using the "top-down" approach is to cleverly make use of the tags from your sources such as gelbooru.com

If you're using Grabber to download the images, you can easily keep all the crowdsourced tags that are relevant to Brothel King intact in the filename, instead of having to redo all that work.
You do that by adding <"tag_name" > to the filename. The brackets simply mean "add this part to the filename if you can find the tag, but skip it otherwise".

Below is an example of my Grabber filename settings, which attempts to keep lots of tags. I've also made some modifications to the Tagging Tool to automatically convert some results to BK's naming scheme (eg: gelbooru uses "cum_on_body", my tagging tool automatically turns that into BK's "on-body")

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You'll find that after the first step of collecting images, 50% + of the tagging tends to be done for you already. It's far from perfect, but it still saves you lots of time.

Reactions: DougTheC and Jman9

ArcanEWolf

Mar 13, 2018
Since a lot of the pics are converted to Webp... does anyone know a good free bulk converter for webp to jpg?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm partial to , myself. There is always good old .

GIMP has batch funcionality, but it's a bit if a pain. Presumably Photoshop does, too.

And one zillion web tools, of course. :)

• Love
Reactions: ArcanEWolf

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
In general to change things in the current save you need to do things in the Ren'py command line. Shift-O to get in there. Be careful, as you can totally fuck things up quite easily playing around with the game's current variable state.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You can also write your own updater routines, but that's kinda more advanced than just changing a few snippets of code.

ZackEr

Aug 6, 2016
You can also write your own updater routines, but that's kinda more advanced than just changing a few snippets of code.
Yeah, but i'm not a coder, i can only change some value :( Is there any easier way? P.S. i'm tried delete cach and all .rpyc files, renpy creates new, but nothing changes in loaded save

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, but i'm not a coder, i can only change some value :( Is there any easier way? P.S. i'm tried delete cach and all .rpyc files, renpy creates new, but nothing changes in loaded save
If it's really a bother to start a new game, let us know what changes you made and maybe we can make them into console commands. Some changes may be too complex for this, like pre-loaded events. (Console is Shift-o on most screens.)

ZackEr

Aug 6, 2016
If it's really a bother to start a new game, let us know what changes you made and maybe we can make them into console commands. Some changes may be too complex for this, like pre-loaded events. (Console is Shift-o on most screens.)
I change some value of effects from items and spells. I dont know how many changes eventually I want to make, so I don't want to start a new game every time or asking for console commands here. is there really no simple save update algorithm for renpy?

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I change some value of effects from items and spells. I dont know how many changes eventually I want to make, so I don't want to start a new game every time or asking for console commands here. is there really no simple save update algorithm for renpy?
Certain parts of the code are only accessed right as you start the new game. For example, you may have noticed that the spells are listed under a label called "label init_spells():"
Through the console you can force the game to re-load this part of the code (and thus add your modified spells) by typing "call init_spells". In this case that should work. Just keep in mind that you're poking the game in ways it wasn't designed for; don't go blindly console-calling every label you can find in the code :p

Items/furniture is under "call init_items". Try it at your own peril.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9 and ZackEr

enzokpo1912

Jun 6, 2017
Name: Boudica
Universe: Fate
Pics: 300+
Type: Anime/Video Game

Name: Ereshkigal
Pics: 300+

Name: Mash Kyrielight
Pics: 800+

Name: Tohsaka Rin
Pics: 700+

Folder Link:
Boudica.jpg Ereshkigal.jpg Mash Kyrielight.jpg Tohsaka Rin.jpg

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
is there really no simple save update algorithm for renpy?
No, because it's not Ren'Py's business, it's the developer's. And some things you might not want to update (like setting MC stats to starting values), while others need updating a lot (all instances items with dynamically-generated templates in a save). There's nothing 'easy' about it all. :(

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
You will also be cutting yourself off from new update patches, or be forced to include your changes in new update patch files.

Really, you're giving yourself work instead of enjoying the game...

But if you want to eventually write a mod or fork, it could be worth it.

Kobayashi Maru, anyone?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
So I'm trying to get more into this game since I can tell it's got crazy potential, but can anyone tell me if there is a relatively consolidated mod list anywhere?
No. I suppose I can take a stab at one:
  • : Expands the trait system. Might be a little buggy ATM.
  • : Makes the four non-sexual jobs mechanically more distinct and varied.
  • mod: The Booty Hunter from Bonanza. Custom-order girls for exorbitant prices. Basically a beta version right now.
  • King's Way ( ): Cheat mod for those who need a GUI for cheating. :sneaky:
  • : Not quite sure if it still works, but it should. Extracts some data from your game for further analysis. Probably not very interesting to players.
  • : Outdated, but I think it still largely works. Was never truly stable, though. Adds an extensive line of sidequests and some assorted mechanics.
  • Ohwee's Interface and Gameplay mods ( and ): Outdated. Had a laundry list of changes and worked only for a specific sub-version of 0.14, but some bits made it into the main game later on.
  • : Outdated. Random job assignment and a third ('extended') training setting).
  • : Outdated. Kidnap random (not free!) girls from the city. Was pretty cheaty. I think it also required Bonanza.
  • : Outdated. Added some extra menus for presumed future content, and some kind of daily girl trainers thing.
  • : Outdated. I think this never went anywhere beyond some initial groundwork.
  • : Outdated. Extended the girl customization system, including .ini files.
  • 'some fix' ( ): Outdated. Tweaked a bunch of game values.
  • : Outdated. What it says on the tin.
  • : Never progressed beyond brainstorming. Bonanza's barebones medicine shop was the only thing that ever came of it.
  • *censored* patch: Look for it elsewhere and at your own peril.
Oh, and:

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Narrowing this down to those I think have a chance to work in ver 0.2 test:

• : Expands the trait system. Might be a little buggy ATM.
  • : Makes the four non-sexual jobs mechanically more distinct and varied.
  • mod: The Booty Hunter from Bonanza. Custom-order girls for exorbitant prices. Basically a beta version right now.
  • King's Way ( ): Cheat mod for those who need a GUI for cheating. :sneaky:
Oh, and:

Last edited:

Just Peri

Aug 26, 2019
I apologize if i'm missing something but it looks like the job mod doesn't have a download link, the only link in that thread is zippyshare, it says the file has expired and is no longer on the server.

Just Peri

Aug 26, 2019
Do i need to sign in to see it or something? the only thing i see is a mega link to his girls packs and nothing else. I'm not trying to be difficult i just genuinely see nothing.

Edit: Made an account myself to confirm, yes you do have to be signed in to see any attachments, thank you for your assistance.

Last edited:

enzokpo1912

Jun 6, 2017
Name: Artoria Pendragon (Lancer (Alter))
Pics: 400+

Name: Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)
Pics: 1100+

Name: Jeanne Alter
Pics: 900+

Name: Jeanne d'arc
Pics: 800+

Folder Link:
Artoria Pendragon (Lancer (Alter)).jpg Artoria Pendragon (Lancer).jpg Jeanne Alter.jpg Jeanne d'arc.jpg

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes