Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Well guys here's a small walkthrough for the main features of the game, including chapter 1 and the farm:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hints and tips: how to make money (and avoid bad things)

The following guidelines are the result of my personal experience with BK. I'm quite sure things can be done better than I'm going to suggest, let's say this is a good start for a first round with brothel management for beginners; feel free to ask anything I may have missed in this guide.

Last edited:

talasi

Jun 27, 2017
I am getting an error during the event in which MC founds out about Hancock's snake pet (only when she is allowed to keep it):
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1127, in script call
    call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 464, in script call
    call expression custom_label pass (girl=girl) from _call_expression_2
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 279, in script
    $ girl.acquire_perk(Perk("Snake-Weapon", Effect("change", "defense", 2), base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake."))
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 279, in <module>
    $ girl.acquire_perk(Perk("Snake-Weapon", Effect("change", "defense", 2), base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake."))
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 4 arguments (4 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1127, in script call
    call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 464, in script call
    call expression custom_label pass (girl=girl) from _call_expression_2
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 279, in script
  File "/usr/share/renpy/renpy/ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/usr/share/renpy/renpy/python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/girls/Boa_Hancock/_events.rpy", line 279, in <module>
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 4 arguments (4 given)

Linux-4.15.6-1-ARCH-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Brothel King 0.13
Uhh forgot to mention I've tried replacing both _events.rpy and Boa_Hancock folder with the ones posted here - without any luck.

Fajter

Oct 8, 2017
I have a question:
If you find out that a girl refuses a certain sexual act and hates it (has that lightning icon next to it) is there any way to train her to get over her hate of that act. I know you can train her to get over her dislike of additional things like kissing, double penetration etc. but what if she hates basic acts like sex, nakedness etc.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Girls don't hate general sex acts like anal or fetish, if you see the dislike icon it means there's something about that act they have a phobia for; once you train them to like it (there is a special training which unlocks every time you discover a girl's phobia), there won't be any more dislike.

@talasi i'll take a look at the code and see if I can fix it

EDIT: I tried to solve the snake perk bug, try this file below; unfortunately I didn't test it yet, let me know if it works

talasi

Jun 27, 2017
@Kite80
It didn't work. Even after changing typo from perk to Perk.
I did manage to figure it out though.
Code:
$ girl.acquire_perk(Perk(name="Snake-Weapon", type="sex", effects=[Effect("change", "defense", 2)], base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake."), forced=True)
I think that Perk class constructor requires 3 arguments - name, type and effects. Type was missing. But I am a total newbie when it comes to Python and Renpy so I am probably wrong :3
Btw: Thanks for the fast response.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For what I've read on Goldo's forum, he's actually working on next update, but no infos about it yet, couldn't find a roadmap of game development.

About Boa Hancock snake weapon bug: we didn't fix it yet but I'm sure we can do it soon

EDIT: try to change the bugged code line with this one:
Code:
$ girl.acquire_perk(Perk, Name("Snake-Weapon"), Effect("change", "defense", 2), base_description = "She is protected by a guardian snake.")
This new version should be compatible with Perk class construction and give the expected effect, hopefully no bugs

Reactions: Empty_Slate

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
New trainer version: 2.4

What's new: now you can change every single trait of your girls! Still 3 traits limit, but you can take negative trait away or even add 3 gold ones! Enjoy ;-)

Reactions: drizzcat and Nikira

Nikira

Bad Member
Donor
Jan 6, 2018
New trainer version: 2.4

What's new: now you can change every single trait of your girls! Still 3 traits limit, but you can take negative trait away or even add 3 gold ones! Enjoy ;-)
ohh thank you thank you. i really appreciate this.:extremelyhappy:
work like a charm.:closedtongue:

Reactions: drizzcat and Kite80

warbandit18

Aug 31, 2017
So it seems the boa hancock folder is bugged cause the game says it sees no profile/portrait jpegs but i see loads of them in the folder.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Another way to fix images problem is: open game, load your save, go to help menu (top right corner button), select "repair girls pictures". Sometimes it can fix picture problems.

About Boa Hancock: while I was doing my Hinata mod I started following boa hancock files example, but during the development I made a lot of changes because many things were bugged. I should have some free time to look at Boa hancock files and make some bug fixes, this time I will try her until I get a perfect result so next time I post a Boa hancock update, it will be bug fixed and working properly.

Meanwhile, do you have any preference for a new girl mod like Hinata and Hancock? Any ideas and/or suggests about a possible personalized storyline and bed encounters?

Fajter

Oct 8, 2017
What's the difference between creampie and cum inside in sex scenes?
Aren't those the same thing?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Cum inside is the simple act of doing it 'til the end without condoms :)

Creampie is when her hole(s) is(are) literally filled with cum until it comes out. Stuffed like a cream pie (from which the name comes from)...

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Good news people, i've managed to fix Boa Hancock special events bugs, now when she keeps the snake it becomes a bonus perk, giving her +2 defense, no more game crush or error messages for that! Enjoy!

Just replace your bugged _events.rpy file in Hancock pictures folder with this one (unzipped)

Reactions: Nikira

Nikira

Bad Member
Donor
Jan 6, 2018
Thank you again for your hard work.
Good news people, i've managed to fix Boa Hancock special events bugs, now when she keeps the snake it becomes a bonus perk, giving her +2 defense, no more game crush or error messages for that! Enjoy!

Just replace your bugged _events.rpy file in Hancock pictures folder with this one (unzipped)
Thank you again for your hard work.:D

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
It's a pleasure ^^ also I do this so that I can learn more and more about ren'py and one day will make my own H game. At least I hope so. World can't get enouh of Hentai XD

Mare

Jun 10, 2017
Does any1 know how to change it so girls names aren't randomized,but stay the original?

Fajter

Oct 8, 2017
Does any1 know how to change it so girls names aren't randomized,but stay the original?
If you go to the options menu I think there's literally a setting where you can choose if you want the girls to keep the original first name, last name or both.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes