Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
Ok I have ver 0.15 installed since september 2019 and now i tried to update with file of ver 0.15b post in 1st page and this happenned. Anyone help me please, thanks? I even backed up file before rewriting but now it is doomed, i tried to put the old file back but the game doesnt work anymore, and this appeared: View attachment 816019
Well it's quiet simple somewhere in the "_BK.ini" of the Girl Pack of Erina Nakiri you use is a non valid trait called "Shrewd".
To fix this you can simply open the file, search for Shrewd and delete it. (including the ", maybe also the ,)
After that the game work again, assuming that there isn't another non valid trait.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
And if you don't want to bother with editing the _BK.ini file, you can just delete it. The pack will still be totally functional without it, but you'll lose any special coding that the pack maker set up in the file for the girl.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If that's my Erina pack just download it again and overwrite it; I fixed that bug long ago (at least I guess so, please let me know if something's still going wrong)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
If that's my Erina pack just download it again and overwrite it; I fixed that bug long ago (at least I guess so, please let me know if something's still going wrong)
The mega link in the OP is down again, and the MediaFire link appears to be empty. So either your second Mega was also disabled, or your edit of the link didn't stick.

1600141897515.png 1600141953028.png

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
is this game abandoned?
Whatever gave you that idea? :cautious: No, Brothel King is not abandoned. Doesn't have an abandoned tag, either, now does it?

From a purely gameplay POV, BK could even get the 'completed' tag and it wouldn't be very far off the mark.

CrystalGems

Jan 10, 2018
Whatever gave you that idea? :cautious: No, Brothel King is not abandoned. Doesn't have an abandoned tag, either, now does it?

From a purely gameplay POV, BK could even get the 'completed' tag and it wouldn't be very far off the mark.
Oh damn, I'm really sorry. It was my fault. I meant for the other game and I didn't realize that I post a comment in here :(

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Ok I have ver 0.15 installed since september 2019 and now i tried to update with file of ver 0.15b post in 1st page and this happenned. Anyone help me please, thanks? I even backed up file before rewriting but now it is doomed, i tried to put the old file back but the game doesnt work anymore, and this appeared: View attachment 816019
Kite80's Erina girlpack is now in his restored Mega and Mediafire folders, from Mods OP:
BK Mods and Girlpacks

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Actually, there are some other girls as well, Like Ahri and Hinata, I dont think they are from your girl pack though.

hhs

Jun 27, 2018
I have some error
what means?
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
File "E:\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2159, in execute
next_node(self.lookup())
File "E:\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2144, in lookup
return renpy.game.script.translator.lookup_translate(self.identifier, getattr(self, "alternate", None))
File "E:\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 190, in lookup_translate
return tl.block[0]
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Sun Sep 20 22:44:57 2020

I didnt enter slave market plz help me

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I see you are another victim of renpy translator, game must run in english, avoid other languages.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Haven't followed this thread much in awhile but it really seems like the dev needs to do something to shorten his dev cycle a bit. It's been a LONG time since a new version came out. I think most would appreciate smaller, more frequent updates. Maybe this next one is a 1 off that just can't really be split up into smaller chunks and if so that's fine, but otherwise it seems like he bit off more than he could chew with this next version.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
shorten his dev cycle

smaller, more frequent updates
The time between the last two beta versions was about 8 days, the last one not being a week old as of me writing this. The last update to 0.15b and the release of 0.2 test version had 6 months between them, which included the lockdowns and the dev developing an RL family. And he isn't getting any monetary benefit out of this. No Patreon, no Ko-Fi, no Kickstarter, nada.

Goldo has also openly said that his RL situation means 0.2 might actually be the last version ever he's certain of putting out, and he is going to do things at his own pace. Thus no broken promises either.

So I don't get the entitled attitude.

he bit off more than he could chew with this next version
Everyone even peripherally involved knows chapter 2 is a big milestone. And still, Goldo has released a partial version to public beta testing even then. I don't know what else you even could reasonably expect for free.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If ever Goldo decides to leave this project after 0.2 version, be sure that someone else would eventually come in charge of keeping this project alive. There are already a few community project games around here, which are still alive. But for now let's just see how things go on...

Jan 13, 2018
If you feel that development is occurring too slow for your liking, there is always the option to offer to put some work in yourself. There are many ways that you can contribute to the community.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
That's right, Goldo is positive in accepting new NPCs with side stories, plus we can also add content to our girl packs by editing girl dialogues and special events

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
That's right, Goldo is positive in accepting new NPCs with side stories, plus we can also add content to our girl packs by editing girl dialogues and special events
We can create custom events? I have a fantasy novel in the making. It's just a hobby, but who knows, someday I might be in the mood for making a BK short story.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
It doesn't get used as much, but details the event system as it exists. As Kite hinted at, Goldo has shown the willingness to incorporate events into the core game if they are presented to him as completely coded and written entities. Kite specifically wrote a sequence of events for getting to know the job-board girl, and it's now been a core part of the game for a while now.

So things to incorporate into the core game would need to be high quality and not conflict with anything that he's doing for the game system or plot.

But beyond that the game is modable, and the hooks are there for mod events, even if few have been created. The existing mods are mostly gameplay mods or tweaking specific game systems.

And plus, as Kite already mentioned, the girl pack system has the hooks in place for a variety of custom interactions with specific girls.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes