Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I have some error
what means?
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 31, in script
slavegirl1 "Fresh girls are available today, Master."
File "E:\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2159, in execute
next_node(self.lookup())
File "E:\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2144, in lookup
return renpy.game.script.translator.lookup_translate(self.identifier, getattr(self, "alternate", None))
File "E:\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 190, in lookup_translate
return tl.block[0]
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Sun Sep 20 22:44:57 2020

I didnt enter slave market plz help me
It is a bit of a small chance, but you can try using the Console to set the game to a default language:
- Start game
- on the start menu, use shift-O to get Ren'Py console
- type in, without the quotes, "Language(None)" and press Enter
- press Esc to leave console
- continue with game load (or new game)

If that does not work, it may be possible that you would need to change your system locale to use English before you run the game, and switch back after, or use an "Applocale" program like people who run Japanese programs do.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Has anyone met this situation?All pictures and characters are disturbed.
It's an adult game about sex slavery, of course they are disturbed. :p

By 'disturbed', do you mean the aspect ratio is off? Or the colours are wrong, pictures are garbled, what exactly?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can anybody explain to me what dóes thís country girl trail do please?
Makes her like extreme sex, i.e. she's 'weak' to all types of minions. That 50% effect actually seems to, well, have no effect at all? :cautious:

Unless you play Bonanza, in which case it raises her mood when she's sent to the farm.

dóes thís
What's with the accents, anyway? :unsure:

overofstart

Aug 6, 2019
It's an adult game about sex slavery, of course they are disturbed. :p

By 'disturbed', do you mean the aspect ratio is off? Or the colours are wrong, pictures are garbled, what exactly?
Oh, all pictures was mixed with each other, but I fixed it.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Makes her like extreme sex, i.e. she's 'weak' to all types of minions. That 50% effect actually seems to, well, have no effect at all? :cautious:

Unless you play Bonanza, in which case it raises her mood when she's sent to the farm.

What's with the accents, anyway? :unsure:
This mean her trail is useless anyway right? LOL.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Farm has, er, interesting pictures, and is probably the fastest way to gain sex act preferences in the game. You're right about the profitability of all this, though.

Rodita

May 22, 2017
My girl packs of the following characters can be found in links at bottom of comment.
Akali (League of Legends)
Alexis Rhodes (aka Asuka Tenjoin) (Yu-Gi-Oh)
Android 18 (Dragon Ball)
Ann Possible (Kim Possible)
Ashe (League of Legends)
Belle (Disney)
Caitlyn (League of Legends)
Jane (Tarzan)
Katarina (League of Legends)
May (aka Haruka) (Pokemon)
Nessa (Pokemon)
Skyla (Pokemon)
Sonia (Pokemon)
Wendy (Gravity Falls)
Wonder Woman (DC comics)

Mega
Don't forgot
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
Princess Peach (Super Mario)
Shego (Kim Possible)
Harley Quinn (DC Comics / Batman Adventures)
Cynthia (Pokemon)
Gardevoir (Pokemon)
Katarina (League Of Legends)
Miss Fortune (League Of Legends)
Videl (Dragon Ball)
Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)
Tsunade Senju (Naruto)
Paine (Final Fantasy)
Rikku (Final Fantasy)
Lulu (Final Fantasy)
Drew Saturday (Secrets Saturdays)
Gynchiyo Tachibana (Samurai Warriors)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Saori Kido (Saint Seiya)
Ikarus (Sora No Otoshimono)
Astrea (Sora No Otoshimono)
Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)
Samus Aran (Metroid)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Don't forgot
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
Princess Peach (Super Mario)
Shego (Kim Possible)
Harley Quinn (DC Comics / Batman Adventures)
Cynthia (Pokemon)
Gardevoir (Pokemon)
Katarina (League Of Legends)
Miss Fortune (League Of Legends)
Videl (Dragon Ball)
Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)
Tsunade Senju (Naruto)
Paine (Final Fantasy)
Rikku (Final Fantasy)
Lulu (Final Fantasy)
Drew Saturday (Secrets Saturdays)
Gynchiyo Tachibana (Samurai Warriors)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Saori Kido (Saint Seiya)
Ikarus (Sora No Otoshimono)
Astrea (Sora No Otoshimono)
Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
I don't see those packs at either of the storage links. Are they 9thunder4's packs? If yes, where can they be found? If not, whose are they and where can they be found?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...alter how much interactions...?
Yes. Either play Bonanza (not really recommended right now) or find the lines
Code:
            elif self.group == "train" and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot train a girl more than once per day."
            elif self.group in ("reward", "discipline") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot reward or discipline a girl more than once per day."
            elif self.group in ("gold", "gift", "sex_reward", "rape", "offer") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot do that more than once per day."

elif self.group and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 3:
                return False, "You cannot " + self.group + " more than 3 times a day with a girl."
in BKclasses.rpy and change them to
Code:
            elif self.group == "train" and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [your_number_here]:
                return False, "You cannot train a girl more than [crazy_high_number times] per day."
            elif self.group in ("reward", "discipline") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [your_number_here_again]:
                return False, "You cannot reward or discipline a girl more than [same_big_number times] per day."
            elif self.group in ("gold", "gift", "sex_reward", "rape", "offer") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [and_your_number_again]:
                return False, "You cannot do that more than [just_as_big_number times] per day."

elif self.group and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [your_other_number_here]:
                return False, "You cannot " + self.group + " more than [even_more_crazy_high_number] times a day with a girl."
If you're using 0.15b, skip the middle one saying 'elif self.group in ("reward", "discipline") ...'.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018
Yes. Either play Bonanza (not really recommended right now) or find the lines
Code:
            elif self.group == "train" and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot train a girl more than once per day."
            elif self.group in ("reward", "discipline") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot reward or discipline a girl more than once per day."
            elif self.group in ("gold", "gift", "sex_reward", "rape", "offer") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 1:
                return False, "You cannot do that more than once per day."

elif self.group and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= 3:
                return False, "You cannot " + self.group + " more than 3 times a day with a girl."
in BKclasses.rpy and change them to
Code:
            elif self.group == "train" and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [your_number_here]:
                return False, "You cannot train a girl more than [crazy_high_number times] per day."
            elif self.group in ("reward", "discipline") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [your_number_here_again]:
                return False, "You cannot reward or discipline a girl more than [same_big_number times] per day."
            elif self.group in ("gold", "gift", "sex_reward", "rape", "offer") and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [and_your_number_again]:
                return False, "You cannot do that more than [just_as_big_number times] per day."

elif self.group and girl.MC_interact_counters[self.group] >= [your_other_number_here]:
                return False, "You cannot " + self.group + " more than [even_more_crazy_high_number] times a day with a girl."
If you're using 0.15b, skip the middle one saying 'elif self.group in ("reward", "discipline") ...'.
thanks i was looking through the BkFunctions and Bkinit Variables i really thank you i liked the previus when you can train 3 times per day it was like a morning,afternoon and night training

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i liked the previus when you can train 3 times per day
So did I, and I've voiced that preference several times. But it looks like Goldo isn't going to budge and other players don't feel that strongly about it. :cautious:

Hence Bonanza has an overcomplicated system where you go from 1 to 6 times per day, depending on MC stats.

Jun 4, 2019
Hey guys, I played this game over a year ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Which is good in a way, an props to the creator, but it's also frustrating. I really liked the "user/community created girl packs" model, but brothel management has never been my particular fantasy. It eventually became a mechanical chore, with the adjusting numbers and looking at stats (also at the time I felt the sex dialogue was good at times but bad at other times, also repetitive at times, just not varied enough). The initial excitement over being able to "capture" and slowly unlock different sex stages with my preferred girls turned sour and robotic when I realized it was mostly the same dialogues and process with every girl. At the end, I felt that curating the packs was too much of a chore for an experience that was not that much different from straight up opening my personal folder and just watching the raw pics.

I have particular fetishes and art styles and even body types that I like, so I really appreciated the ability to either download community packs and then curate them for myself by deleting low quality pics/pics that didn't fit my preferences, or straight up creating my own packs by using the provided tool + my personal adult pic collection. Also, while at times I felt the naming conventions for the files to be clunky or obscure, and the way the pics were invoked in the game to be erratic or somewhat unpredictable despite my best efforts, I have to give props to the creator for providing and uptdating the naming tool.

So. I come back now asking two questions:

1) How's the game's progress been over this last year? Are the base mechanics still the same? Is the dialogue mostly the same? Do you think I should give it a try again or just wait some more?

2) If not, do you recommend me any other game that follows the girl pack model?

lumberjack

Oct 21, 2017
Hey guys, I played this game over a year ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Which is good in a way, an props to the creator, but it's also frustrating. I really liked the "user/community created girl packs" model, but brothel management has never been my particular fantasy. It eventually became a mechanical chore, with the adjusting numbers and looking at stats (also at the time I felt the sex dialogue was good at times but bad at other times, also repetitive at times, just not varied enough). The initial excitement over being able to "capture" and slowly unlock different sex stages with my preferred girls turned sour and robotic when I realized it was mostly the same dialogues and process with every girl. At the end, I felt that curating the packs was too much of a chore for an experience that was not that much different from straight up opening my personal folder and just watching the raw pics.

I have particular fetishes and art styles and even body types that I like, so I really appreciated the ability to either download community packs and then curate them for myself by deleting low quality pics/pics that didn't fit my preferences, or straight up creating my own packs by using the provided tool + my personal adult pic collection. Also, while at times I felt the naming conventions for the files to be clunky or obscure, and the way the pics were invoked in the game to be erratic or somewhat unpredictable despite my best efforts, I have to give props to the creator for providing and uptdating the naming tool.

So. I come back now asking two questions:

1) How's the game's progress been over this last year? Are the base mechanics still the same? Is the dialogue mostly the same? Do you think I should give it a try again or just wait some more?

2) If not, do you recommend me any other game that follows the girl pack model?
1.) I wouldn't try. Mechanics and dialog are mostly identical. 15 to 15b this year, which was big on fixes and performance increases. Version .20 has been in development for a long time, it's a playable pre-alpha. Will bring more functionality and features (like animations) and new/improved mechanics like better tagging & better framework for making characters unique. I don't recall if there is story progressions. The Dev is still active but has limited time. The Dev seems to be warming to the idea of a tightly controlled github, which should allow the talented coders in the community to contribute and allow the Dev to focus on bigger picture stuff.

2.) No, sorry. I think this project rose from the ruins of some other projects, I recall reading something awhile back about some packs being ported from 1 or 2 similar games. Holiday Island is a well made sandbox dating sim with some similarities, but no girl packs, and it'll be in development for a long time as well. Damsels and Dungeons also doesn't have girl packs, but shares a medieval magic setting, has RPG elements (like this game, but more so), and can "capture" (recruit) girls and unlock new stages with the characters. Hentai High School and the adjacent communities may have some of this stuff, but the website is down at the moment.

EDIT: Clarity.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How's the game's progress been over this last year?
Slow.

Are the base mechanics still the same?
There have been some smaller mechanics changes, but not to the level of fundamentally altering the game's nature, which seems to be what you're after.

Is the dialogue mostly the same?
If you mean girl dialogue, then yes. There are some additional NPC encounters. Not everyone is a fan of those, though. :cautious:

Do you think I should give it a try again or just wait some more?
Honestly, if you're not into the brothel management part, your wait might be forever. However...

...not that much different from straight up opening my personal folder and just watching the raw pics.
...this is a feeling somewhat familiar to me from the time I played Whoremaster. :D

My solution was to take BK and really put the screws onto the actual game part. Goldo's been keeping the game relatively easy as to not scare away newcomers and casual players. I had no such compunctions, so the end result is a messy, sometimes unforgivingly difficult, at other times hilariously unbalanced mod/fork of the 0.15b version.

If you want a significantly different experience while still playing Brothel King and using the same girl packs, you might give it a try. Fair warning: it's somewhat unstable, I'm not supporting or updating it in the near future, and it's been called 'the Dark Souls of pimping-sims'. :p

Also, while at times I felt the naming conventions for the files to be clunky or obscure, and the way the pics were invoked in the game to be erratic or somewhat unpredictable despite my best efforts
I (and possibly others as well) would be interested to see some examples of this clunkiness/unpredictability. Significant effort and discussions have gone into trying to make it as intuitive as possible, so feedback would be appreciated.

If not, do you recommend me any other game that follows the girl pack model?
Not really. AFAIK, Brothel King is just about the best of these. A BK forum regular has been working on a similar game, but it's unreleased right now. And given that he's a professional coder, I wouldn't expect serious VN-style content from there, either.

better framework for making characters unique.
Oh, yeah, 0.2 beta exists. And it has an improved girl personality system, but that's mostly just groundwork for the future, the actual impact on the game is not very significant. Some more texts get altered to personality-specific versions, and there are thrice as many personalities, but it doesn't alter the fundamental nature of your interactions with the girls. And it was 'community-sourced', so there might be some weirdness and inconsistencies in there.

I don't recall if there is story progressions.
Some chapter 2 stuff is in, I haven't really looked if it's complete now.

The Dev seems to be warming to the idea of a tightly controlled github, which should allow the talented coders in the community to contribute and allow the Dev to focus on bigger picture stuff.
Nothing has really blocked anyone from contributing, and several people have done so. I'm not sure going the public development route is going to help, since that's basically herding cats at best, turning Goldo into an administrator and sucking most development joy out of his life. :cautious: Maybe if his free time dwindles even more...

I recall reading something awhile back about some packs being ported from 1 or 2 similar games.
Whoremaster is the only one I know. Pytfall packs are largely unusable, and right now I don't recall any other games with significant numbers of girl packs.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes