Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I'm not asking if there's different text every time they fuck a new customer. Princess Trainer's Jasmine has text that refers to the fact that she's Jasmine. Korra in 4E Trainer talks like she's Korra. Something Unlimited has a huge number of girls but Miss Martian is very different from Poison Ivy in dialogue.

Will Gwen Tennyson react differently compared to Pokemon's Cynthia in this game? Or is it all Girl Base A scenes just with different pictures on top. Nothing wrong with the second way of doing things, it's just not for me. DougTheC already answered though.
There is some added variation of dialogue based on personality types assigned, 8 types in ver 0.15b and 24 in beta-test ver 0.2, so a Masochist will have a different text reaction than a Cold personality will.

There are expansions for custom personalities and girl-specific events, but not much used, so the act-specific dialogue and pictures are what the game currently offers. Makes it fairly easy to just collect and tag pics to add a new girl, is a main benefit.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
New 0.2 pre-release bugfix:

Once again, do not use 0.2 pre-release if you don't wanna deal with bugs, this not the official 0.2 version yet; if you want a working smoothly game, look forward 0.15b in the OP (basic game, latest 0.15b patch, any girl packs you want)

DemonicHeart

Jul 24, 2017
You know, when I decided to download this I didn't expect to be embroiled into a plot of deception and lies. I just wanted to beat the shit out of the rich business owner with money.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Welcome to the big city of Zan...

You can play just for the pictures, just for the brothel simulation, or get further into the plot developments as more chapters gradually become available (good writing takes time).

And everybody hates Kosmo, the rival brothel owner, possibly including Kosmo himself.

Reactions: Oboe and vicmala

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
I love 015b, and play it when I can't find a good new game on F95. That said, I'm wanting to try the newer buggy version.

Questions:

1. Are there 0.2 specific girl packs out there?

2. Can the 0.15 girl packs be used with 0.2 game presently?

O

neverfeelgood

May 18, 2020
Even with patch I get a lot of errors (python stacktraces).
Girl quest to bury relatives is broken, some night events, etc.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
0.15b with patch from 1st message
OK, your latest game/*.rpy files should be from Oct 2019, and all *.rpyc files need to be later than their *.rpy counterparts.

Please post the stacktraces and a description of the problems, and we'll look at them.

bingho8

Aug 15, 2020
This is such a fun game, been playing for days and days so far. ADDICTIVE!

Just wondering about how the CARPENTER's BOOKCASE work.

If anyone knows it please explain in simple english please.

It says IT CHANGE ALL SKILL MAX TO 75. and then My brain stops working. o_Oo_O

So instead of 100. 75 is all they need? for what?
Some Postings require higher number and actual numbers go beyond 75 anyway.
Is there just a bonus of being MAX skill or have I got this all wrong?

Would like to know before I build the next one, or if I should build it at all,

OR just tell me Its a Must Build Item :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...simple english please.

It says IT CHANGE ALL SKILL MAX TO 75. and then My brain stops working.

So instead of 100. 75 is all they need? for what?
It says 'skill max', not 'skill needed'. That's pretty plain English. :p

The bookcases raise 'raw' skill maximums for girls who are either too low-ranked or lack other stat boosts (I think Overachiever is the only such booster in vanilla?). If a girl already has a maximum of 100, i.e. she's rank B, a 75-max bookcase does nothing. A 125-stat bookcase, however, will give you the potential of adding another 25 points to all stats.

Given that the best bookcase caps out at 225, and a rank X girl has natural maximums at 250, bookcases are ultimately temporary boosts. But they can be very powerful when you're trying to raise another girl from rank C to rank X.

Reactions: bingho8

bingho8

Aug 15, 2020
It says 'skill max', not 'skill needed'. That's pretty plain English. :p

The bookcases raise 'raw' skill maximums for girls who are either too low-ranked or lack other stat boosts (I think Overachiever is the only such booster in vanilla?). If a girl already has a maximum of 100, i.e. she's rank B, a 75-max bookcase does nothing. A 125-stat bookcase, however, will give you the potential of adding another 25 points to all stats.

Given that the best bookcase caps out at 225, and a rank X girl has natural maximums at 250, bookcases are ultimately temporary boosts. But they can be very powerful when you're trying to raise another girl from rank C to rank X.

Thx for such a quick reply! That was great help.
Definately need all the boost I can get. ;)

Sassadin

Apr 15, 2020
Hi guys, just start getting into this game, can anyone give me some suggestion for some good girl packs? I would prefer quality/consistent art style over the number of pictures (I really hate it when sometime one bad picture just show up and ruin the immersion), and anime over western style (both are good though, it's mostly that anime has more consistent art style). I'm aware of the girl pack thread and the excel list, but the number is so overwhelming and I'm not sure what is good.

Also, when you punish the girl for mistake (choose the beat her option), the text seem to indicate that you are spanking her but there is no picture show up. Is that a problem with tagging or there is no picture for that action?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Also, when you punish the girl for mistake (choose the beat her option), the text seem to indicate that you are spanking her but there is no picture show up. Is that a problem with tagging or there is no picture for that action?
As a general rule, if there is no picture at all shown for some event of action, it means there is nothing coded to be shown. In general, in any case where a picture is wanted to be shown, the game will use an series of next best tries to get a picture to show, eventually picking out a Profile pic if absolutely nothing else appropriate is found.

As a rough example, if the game wants to show a dildo pic, it'll first look specifically for a Dildo pic, if that is not found, it'll look for some other toy. If that's not found it'll keep broadening the search, eventually displaying a Profile pic as a last resort. This type of logic is used for every girl pack pic selection in the game.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys, just start getting into this game, can anyone give me some suggestion for some good girl packs? I would prefer quality/consistent art style over the number of pictures (I really hate it when sometime one bad picture just show up and ruin the immersion), and anime over western style (both are good though, it's mostly that anime has more consistent art style). I'm aware of the girl pack thread and the excel list, but the number is so overwhelming and I'm not sure what is good.
Check out the packs from recently started creator earliestbird555. From the way he has described his pack building philosophy, it sounds like his packs will in general be to your liking. He can be easily found in the recent pages of the pack thread.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, I have a readme file in my Mega folder. Low number of pictures (99% western) means sometimes niche actions will be missing like 69, rimming, fisting, watersports, etc.

I also haven't loaded up Brothel King a single time since I started making packs, so there could be errors. Let me know if that's the case.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Ok I have ver 0.15 installed since september 2019 and now i tried to update with file of ver 0.15b post in 1st page and this happenned. Anyone help me please, thanks? I even backed up file before rewriting but now it is doomed, i tried to put the old file back but the game doesnt work anymore, and this appeared: 1600099287924.png

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes