Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

HentaiHerald

Jun 25, 2017
So I got 4 girls to B and 5000 gold but it says i can only move to the docks. How do I get the whoremonger license?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do I get the whoremonger license?
You move to the docks (or warehouse), get 250 brothel reputation and 7500 gold, and move again. I guess the game currently doesn't show these requirements, but since 0.2 has revamped all goals anyway, fixing this is probably not going to happen.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Is it possible to have girls work as waitresses but also have them do sex acts or do you have to have them explicitly working as whores to get sex acts?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is it possible to have girls work as waitresses but also have them do sex acts or do you have to have them explicitly working as whores to get sex acts?
Yes, it's possible. The Slut tree's perk 'Work and Whore', which requires the ability to whore in the first place.

Customers can also propose one job-dependent (waitress - service, dancer - anal, masseuse - sex, geisha - fetish) sex act per night. The girl can refuse if her relevant secondary stat is too low, and the whole thing is chance-based (10-25% depending on whether it's the Wet Moon and you have the 'Dim Lights' furniture or not, +10% per each craftsman or patrician in the client list).

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
The best way to ensure this is for them to have the "Work and Whore" perk from the "Slut" zodiac/archetype, available at rank B. When you select the main job, you will be asked if she should work & whore, or just do non-sex job.
Be sure you use the checkboxes next to their sex skills to show permitted sex acts.

(Jman9, I started reply before you posted yours, and you found the customer action info I was looking for but hadn't located. Good stuff!)

Last edited:

Craig95

Sep 14, 2019
So what is preventing this project from going forward? Is it lack of writing?

I think I remember there being talk of Goldo (or someone else involved in the game) wanting more writers or something back in March/April, but I never expressed my interest then because I had a lot going on in my life then. I was writing my Bachelors for example. Now though it's vacation time for me and I don't have all that much going on.

Now I don't really have any experience writing smut, but I have spent three years in college now, mostly doing writing, and so I might as well use that skill for something fun

So if you still need a writer please let me know

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
So what is preventing this project from going forward? Is it lack of writing?
Lack of developers, generally. Goldo is one, time-starved man. I'm an insane person with a bizarre side-grade of BK to occupy any free time I have, Chris12 has his own game project, Dragonblood's been missing for 4 months now and was generally more involved with HHS+ anyway, OhWee left between 0.14 and 0.15 and seems to have other interests these days, Leortha prefers doing girl packs over dev work, Strec/alpha_and_omega/_neronero have also been missing of late and are more interested in modding, kite80 also has other priorities right now, etc. So while there's been no shortage of people with at least some ability to contribute, none of us have actually joined up with Goldo for various reasons.

I'm not sure too many cooks wouldn't have spoiled the stew, anyway.

Lack of writing is currently perhaps the biggest roadblock, along with our recent dogpiling of feature requests. :p

There are also occasional openings for 'picture hunter' positions. Some people have worked on these, but progress has been rather slow and sporadic.

So if you still need a writer please let me know
We definitely do! For starters, register at the HHS forums and contact Goldo there. If you want to get your feet wet with Ren'Py by doing some baby steps, kite80 has a mostly complete event script for Scarlet the Jobgirl . You can start by converting this into an actual Ren'Py script. I'd ask for kite80's permission as well, just in case he's gotten back to her in the meantime.

Craig95

Sep 14, 2019
Alright, thanks for the reply.

I sent a message to Goldo on henthighschool and im sending one to Kite80 now

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Leortha prefers doing girl packs over dev work
There are two reasons for this.

1) I don't know Ren'py. This could be overcome. Would actually not be that hard for me to learn it. But...

2) I'm a programmer by trade. Learning Ren'py and programming for the game would be far too close to actual work for me to really, really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, I inferred that and fully symphatise with your position 2). I'm not a programmer, or even a data analyst, and I've had many moments over the years where I've gone 'Screw modding this game, this is starting to look like something I should get paid for'.

I also really appreciate for all your work on girl packs. Programmers come and go with these projects, dedicated content creators are rare.

pizzastyle

Jul 22, 2018
It seems to me that i can't get ANY girl to trust me, I keep doing events that have outcome "Fear -" or "Fear --", but they never go over "she is starting to ease up around you". I even started a new game and ONLY made actions that would lower fear but to no avail.
Am I getting something wrong or is this a bug?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
It seems to me that i can't get ANY girl to trust me, I keep doing events that have outcome "Fear -" or "Fear --", but they never go over "she is starting to ease up around you". I even started a new game and ONLY made actions that would lower fear but to no avail.
Am I getting something wrong or is this a bug?

Most likely you are hitting the cap. Both Love and Fear are capped based on the girl's Class rating. C-Class girls will never get very trusting. Move forward in the game, advance the girl's class rating, and you'll be able to increase their trust.

pizzastyle

Jul 22, 2018
Most likely you are hitting the cap. Both Love and Fear are capped based on the girl's Class rating. C-Class girls will never get very trusting. Move forward in the game, advance the girl's class rating, and you'll be able to increase their trust.
I see. I must have missed that somewhere in the tutorials. Thank you very much.

Raptor01010

Jan 13, 2018
Leortha Just wanted to let you know that your new MHA packs don't seem to register in BK. (Idk if this is on my end or not; they also don't register in the pack makers if that matters. Had other packs that worked in there as well, so idk what might be the issue)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Leortha Just wanted to let you know that your new MHA packs don't seem to register in BK. (Idk if this is on my end or not; they also don't register in the pack makers if that matters. Had other packs that worked in there as well, so idk what might be the issue)
What version of the game are you using? I assume one or another flavor of 1.5. I'm on the 2.0 test version, and the packs are recognized just fine in that one.

Capture.PNG

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
2.0 still in closed testing or is there a link I can get it from?

It's open testing, not closed. Just keep in mind that there are still bugs, though it's getting more stable as time goes on. And do not report 2.0 crashes here. There is a single thread on BK's home board for 2.0 errors (I just reported several today).

The thread is and the links to the version are in the lead post of that thread.

Also be aware that most of the story elements for 2.0 are not in there yet. Goldo has been having people test out the system changes while he gets the story stuff written.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Just to clarify, current stable/released version is 0.15b, from links in original post or HHS site linked in OP.

A new testing version 0.2 or 0.20 is now available for people who want to help chase down bugs before it is made available for general release. This version is referred to in this post, with a thread in the HHS forum. Story content is available for chapter 1 as in ver 0.15b, plus about half of chapter 2, and you can play on through about 7 brothel building upgrades and several NPC stories.

It's open testing, not closed. Just keep in mind that there are still bugs, though it's getting more stable as time goes on. And do not report 0.2 crashes here. There is a single thread on BK's home board for 0.2 errors (I just reported several today).

The thread is and the links to the version are in the lead post of that thread.

Also be aware that most of the story elements for 0.2 are not in there yet. Goldo has been having people test out the system changes while he gets the story stuff written.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes