Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I've reported your comment, Doug, as the mods on this board apparently have the ability to edit people's posts, and that's how to get the OP post edited: make a comment detailing the needed edit and report it to get the attention of a mod.

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
Is there anything you can do to get girls to stop fighting? I've been trying the stop fighting with and the keep making friends options but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Is there anything you can do to get girls to stop fighting? I've been trying the stop fighting with and the keep making friends options but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Screen the personalities of the girls you are recruiting so that they are all compatible. If you exclusively recruit girls off the streets, and use the rudest first greeting, then the only girls that like it are Perverts and Masochists, and those two types are compatible.

In your current situation, figure out the personality of the girls and start weeding out incompatibles. Sell them or let them go.

You can, of course, solve the problem with code. Something like:

Code:
        for k in MC.girls:
            k.rivals=[]
            for n in MC.girls:
                if n in k.relations:
                    if k.relations[n] < -1:
                        k.relations[n] = 0
Is pretty brute force but works.

Other coding tweaks are also possible while building your brothel. Just make everyone the same personality. I'll leave it
to the reader whether this cure is worse than the disease.

Code:
If N is the number of the new girl

MC.girls[N].personality = gpersonalities['rebel']

or the like

Reactions: Nekura

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
'Keep making friends' is just generic encouragement, it doesn't have any real effect on relationships between girls.

You need some charisma for the 'stop fighting' option to really work. While telling a girl to stop fighting, every 3 charisma is equivalent to 1 end-of-day fight. And you need to talk to both girls, I'm not exactly sure how asymmetrical this rivalry thing is, but it looks like just talking to one of them won't be quite enough.

Screen the personalities of the girls you are recruiting so that they are all compatible.

In your current situation, figure out the personality of the girls and start weeding out incompatibles. Sell them or let them go.

You can, of course, solve the problem with code. Something like:
This is way too brute-force. You can of course do this, but maybe use your in-game tools first:
  1. Talk to the girls to get them to stop fighting. Good charisma is essential here.
  2. Get more girls so the chances of a fight go down.
  3. Screen your acquisitions, as already mentioned.
  4. Use the 'Helping Hand' perk to offset fights, or other perks like 'Life of Luxury', 'Business and Pleasure' or 'Refined Taste' to improve mood.
  5. Just pay the girls a little extra to offset the mood penalty.
  6. Encourage friendships so the rivalry mood malus gets canceled out.
If you exclusively recruit girls off the streets, and use the rudest first greeting, then the only girls that like it are Perverts and Masochists, and those two types are compatible.
Masochists are sorta special, so don't go overboard with them. Another good personality is 'superficial'. There's a sort of triangle between those three, where 'pervert' and 'superficial' girls like girls with the same personality and 'masochists', while the latter get along better with either of the other two, but not other 'masochist' types.

'Superficial' and 'pervert' can also be identified by using a specific greeting. Use 'Hi there' and they respond by getting all huffy and telling you to get lost.

Reactions: Oboe and Nekura

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I've reported your comment, Doug, as the mods on this board apparently have the ability to edit people's posts, and that's how to get the OP post edited: make a comment detailing the needed edit and report it to get the attention of a mod.
Yep, I reported my post myself as soon as I posted it, and I had referred to that process in earlier post.
Mods had responded to only 1 of 2 reports I made earlier, so I made and reported that followup.

Last edited:

Mohawk78

Mar 2, 2020
Any help on an error that just started popping up repeatedly? Game has patch installed and a few downloaded girl packs, but all highly rated ones from the google drive list.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 344, in script
python:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 474, in <module>
raise AssertionError, "No act available from girls."
AssertionError: No act available from girls.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 344, in script
python:
File "E:\seeding - cheggit\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\seeding - cheggit\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Sun Jul 05 02:22:03 2020

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Any help on an error that just started popping up repeatedly?
Do you actually have an act available, i.e. all your whores have at least one sex act enabled? If they do, can you attach a problematic save?

Reactions: Oboe

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Any help on an error that just started popping up repeatedly? Game has patch installed and a few downloaded girl packs, but all highly rated ones from the google drive list.

Do you actually have an act available, i.e. all your whores have at least one sex act enabled? If they do, can you attach a problematic save?
Enabling of course being to use the checkbox to right of sex skills valuebar on girls screen. (Bisexual and Group later have checkboxes without valuebars.) Enabling only possible when checkbox is orange, apparently meaning girl is accustomed to the act; otherwise more training/talking on the act may be needed.

AND

Your code shows you do not have the latest 20 October 2019 patch, which is currently available on the HHS forum and which I attached in post linked below. After unzipping to the 'game' folder, delete all the *.rpyc files (note the extension ends with "c") and run the game. Probably can load from a recent save or autosave.

Game update will probably not affect current situation, but Jman9's suggestion will likely fix it.
More info from Girls screen top-right "?" help, help with the current screen, tell me more about jobs, option whore.

The OP (original post) has been updated for release date of 20 October 2019, but has not yet been updated with content for 0.15b patch that would make that effective.

Here is the patch for 0.15b that needs to replace the two places in OP to make this release current, "Patches: Patch" and file in Attachments, both of which are F95Zone domain objects.

Citation source for this requested change is the project host board post

Looking forward to getting this thread on the same page, so to speak.

View attachment 715623

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9

Mohawk78

Mar 2, 2020
Hmmm... all my girls have at least one action they should be able to do, and the only two still without them all unlocked aren't whoring. It was happening a few days in, so I was saving every day before hitting End Day so you could get right to it. But when i reloaded the last save before it happened again, it ran smooth for a week. But on reloading the original save, the same error occurred on the second day. Here's the file that continues to have problems. Error has been hitting on the 2nd or 3rd End Day.

Enabling of course being to use the checkbox to right of sex skills valuebar on girls screen. (Bisexual and Group later have checkboxes without slidebars.) Enabling only possible when checkbox is orange, apparently meaning girl is accustomed to the act; otherwise more training/talking on the act may be needed.

AND

Your code shows you do not have the latest 20 October 2019 patch, which is currently available on the HHS forum and which I attached in post linked below. After unzipping to the 'game' folder, delete all the *.rpyc files (note the extension ends with "c") and run the game. Probably can load from a recent save or autosave.

Game update will probably not affect current situation, but Jman9's suggestion will likely fix it.
More info from Girls screen top-right "?" help, help with the current screen, tell me more about jobs, option whore.
Thanks for the clarification, and pointing out the new patch. I just downloaded the one posted here and didn't realize there was another, newer one. I'll make sure I get that updated.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Here's the file that continues to have problems. Error has been hitting on the 2nd or 3rd End Day.
I tried half a dozen times and couldn't reproduce this with the latest 0.15b. I suppose it might be another symptom of the same issue that caused the 'grid overfull' bug.

As an aside, never save anywhere but the main screen. Especially in dialogue, menus or in the middle of the night. Bad things can happen when you reload such a save. There might be other 'safe spots' (personally, I can only vet location screens, just before talking to a free girl), but nothing is guaranteed. Especially for troubleshooting, such saves can turn out to be all but useless. So far, I've been able to fix crashing saves sent in for debugging, but I'd rather not rely on it.

Thanks for the clarification, and pointing out the new patch. I just downloaded the one posted here and didn't realize there was another, newer one.
Many people don't even notice there is an update. I suppose that's on Goldo, since he's mostly dropped support for 0.15b for now.

I suppose this thread here is really not the ideal place to get updates and log bug reports. The 'official' forums at HHS are somewhat better for that.

Mohawk78

Mar 2, 2020
I tried half a dozen times and couldn't reproduce this with the latest 0.15b. I suppose it might be another symptom of the same issue that caused the 'grid overfull' bug.

As an aside, never save anywhere but the main screen.

Thanks for trying. I'll get the latest patch in and see how it goes with the newer save file that seems to be working better. Good tip on not saving anywhere but the main screen. I hadn't heard that and wouldn't have thought it'd be an issue, so thanks.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I have no idea. This is a Ren'Py engine-level error, which may or may not be caused by Brothel King.

Can you at least describe what you're doing when you get this error? And can you consistently recreate it, i.e. save, maybe exit and restart game, load, perform a set of predetermined actions, bam!, same crash again? If so, upload the save.

It's probably not worth trying to track this bug down if it proves even slightly elusive, since 0.2 will be using a somewhat newer version of Ren'Py anyway.

WeissEmil

May 28, 2019
I have no idea. This is a Ren'Py engine-level error, which may or may not be caused by Brothel King.

Can you at least describe what you're doing when you get this error? And can you consistently recreate it, i.e. save, maybe exit and restart game, load, perform a set of predetermined actions, bam!, same crash again? If so, upload the save.

It's probably not worth trying to track this bug down if it proves even slightly elusive, since 0.2 will be using a somewhat newer version of Ren'Py anyway.
Everytime i open the CG Gallery then the error notification pop up after i click return to main screen. I have to delete all save files to fix it, sometimes it works but i will get the error again at a later time period anyway.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can confirm that this exists in 0.15b. Seems to be gone in the 0.2 test version. I still don't know if it's a BK or Ren'Py issue, so, just don't use the gallery until 0.2 is actually released?:cautious:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
AFAIK, 0.2 in its entirety isn't even available to Goldo yet. Otherwise, he promised a new test version 'next week' on July 2. So there's another day to go. :D

Personally, I estimate a full release will come towards the end of August. But I've been wrong before.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Are there any furry or loli girl packs for this game? I see a bunch of packs on the linked mod thread but no labels telling me what any of them feature.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are there any furry or loli girl packs for this game? I see a bunch of packs on the linked mod thread but no labels telling me what any of them feature.
Yes. There's actually a very impressive if not totally complete spreadsheet of known girl packs linked in the mod thread OP. The spreadsheet has a 'warnings' column, which includes both 'loli' and 'furry'.

Most girl packs also include a promo picture, so furries are easily identifiable. Underaged characters not so much, since the whole anime thing is kinda conflicted about it. ;)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I'll also mention that loli material is expressly not allowed on this forum, so even when such are made, they do not get promoted here. Furry, on the other hand, is not disallowed. I promote my furry packs on the mod thread just like I promote my more mainstream packs. I actually tend to be the main maker of furry packs, not because I'm a furry myself, but more because I'm a generalist, willing to do a bit of anything.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes