Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Mohawk78

Mar 2, 2020
Been playing about a week and running into a TON of rollback errors. Started a new game assuming something in my old savefile was corrupt and same things. Running just the original 15b installation and the basic girls pack. I'm really enjoying the game and would love to figure it out, but hae absolutely zero technical know-how to interpret the bug reports. I see there's patch that I haven't installed, but haven't seen any instruction on where to install it. Which may be something obvious that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
That thing with 'opposite' sex acts is something fixed in 0.2. For 0.15b, go find line ca 713 in game/BKinit_variables.rpy and change the whole block to
yeah like i know how to do that .. i not that smart

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
That thing with 'opposite' sex acts is something fixed in 0.2. For 0.15b, go find line ca 713 in game/BKinit_variables.rpy and change the whole block to
Python:
    opposite_sex_acts = {"naked" : ["service", "sex", "anal", "fetish", "bisexual", "group"], # This is hardcoded for faster fixation picture search
                          "service" : ["sex", "anal", "fetish", "bisexual", "group"],
                          "sex" : ["service", "anal", "fetish", "bisexual", "group"],
                          "anal" : ["service", "sex", "fetish", "bisexual", "group"],
                          "fetish" : ["service", "sex", "anal", "bisexual", "group"],
                          "bisexual" : ["group"],
                          "group" : [],
                          None : [],
                        }
yeah like i know how to do that .. i not that smart
Edit: I fixed to have no tabs as later post said. Took shortcut...

I did that edit to the 0.15b patched file.
(This file is changed from the patch zipfile that will be soon put into OP, the old file BKinit_variables.rpy is dated 05 October 2019. Verify the last-modifed date before using this replacement.)

Download attached file (may need to rename file to remove some numbers at start of downloaded file name.)
Copy this file into 'game' directory where you have the main + patch programs, with overwrite, and delete file game/BKinit_variables.rpyc and run game.
Might be able to load and run recent save (check autosaves also).

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Uh I got stuck on this after praising a girl. I can't roll back to before the praise so i get stuck in a loop. I have to reload a save i guess?

I should probably add that I only have what is in the initial post for this game, no additional mods are girlpacks

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Been playing about a week and running into a TON of rollback errors. Started a new game assuming something in my old savefile was corrupt and same things. Running just the original 15b installation and the basic girls pack. I'm really enjoying the game and would love to figure it out, but hae absolutely zero technical know-how to interpret the bug reports. I see there's patch that I haven't installed, but haven't seen any instruction on where to install it. Which may be something obvious that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.
You both are probably missing the version 0.15b patch, which is referenced in the original post install directions and is found on that post:

DOWNLOAD
Game
: - MEGA - -
Basic Girl Pack: - MEGA - -

Patches:

There-------^

Unzip it to the 'game' folder with overwrite, and run game. May be able to load and run from recent save or autosave.
Grid overfull error is reported as 'almost completely fixed.'

For average user, if you get uncaught exception (crash error), you can try rollback and avoid action you tried, or reload earlier save to avoid action, and feel free to search this thread for the ending error (like 'grid overfull'). Make sure you are looking at posts in search for version you're running (ver 0.15b with patch from Oct 20, 2019).

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Download attached file (may need to rename file to remove some numbers at start of downloaded file name.)
Copy this file into 'game' directory, with overwrite, and delete file game/BKinit_variables.rpyc and run game.
ok , thanks

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Copy this file into 'game' directory, with overwrite, and delete file game/BKinit_variables.rpyc and run game.
ok i put this into the games folder and got this error :

anotheralt34

Nov 3, 2018
You both are probably missing the 0.15 patch, which is referenced in the original post install directions and is found on that post:

DOWNLOAD
Game
: - MEGA - -
Basic Girl Pack: - MEGA - -

Patches:

There-------^

Unzip it to the 'game' folder with overwrite, and run game. May be able to load and run from recent save or autosave.
Grid overfull error is reported as 'almost completely fixed.'

For average user, if you get uncaught exception (crash error), you can try rollback and avoid action you tried, or reload earlier save to avoid action, and feel free to search this thread for the ending error (like 'grid overfull'). Make sure you are looking at posts in search for version you're running (0.15 with patch from Oct 20, 2019).
Nope, unfortunately. I did download and install that patch following the instructions.

Should be noted that while "rollback" doesn't work, the "reload" option next to it seems to. But I still regularly get those error.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok so i figured i'd just redownload everything again , including the vari file and got the same thing again :

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
One additional general Ren'py tip. Ren'py is very bad about not recognizing that the source files have changed and actually using the new files. This means that, if you apply patvhes after you have already run the game, the game may not recognize the patch. The solution to this is easy enough. Whenever you patch a ren'py game that has already been run, delete all *.pyo files. These are the compiled version of the game files. Deleting them forces the game to freshly recompile them, which will now use the patched versions of the source code files.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i downloaded the patch from the op here .. and got another traceback :
This is probably caused by you messing around with your installation and not a bug per se. I think it'll go away once the BKinit_variables.rpy thing gets fixed on your end.

ok i put this into the games folder and got this error :
Replace all 'tab' characters with exactly 4 spaces. Ren'Py doesn't like tabs, and is vocal about it, too. :D

One additional general Ren'py tip. Ren'py is very bad about not recognizing that the source files have changed and actually using the new files.
I think that this comes down to the engine comparing timestamps on compiled files. So if you've somehow managed to recompile later than the update was published, tough luck.

This is why BK patches come only as .rpy and not .rpyC. Anyway, a 'safe' option to update is to just delete everything called .rpyc and wait a while longer while the game loads.

Incidentally, if you're changing the game yourself, this is almost never a problem, since you can force Ren'Py to 'recompile on change'. So developers can be a bit blind to this issue.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
One more thing: older saves could generate errors if you try to use them in 0.15b, even if it's patched. So my recommendation is:

- install 0.15b (or skip it if you already have it)
- delete all .rpyc and .pyo files inside the main folder and every subfolder (skip it if you just got a new installation)
- apply latest patch for 0.15b
- get any girl packs you wish
- start a new game
- enjoy the game

If you still get troubles after these steps (bugs happen) come back here and ask for help ;)

NOTE: 0.15b saves probably won't be good with 0.2 version

Reactions: SenPC

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
This is probably caused by you messing around with your installation and not a bug per se. I think it'll go away once the BKinit_variables.rpy thing gets fixed on your end
i only wish i knew how to do what you are saying

Replace all 'tab' characters with exactly 4 spaces. Ren'Py doesn't like tabs, and is vocal about it, too.
i have not 1 clue what your are talking about

here was my final solution ... redownload the 15b .. added the patch thing from the op .... saved my girls and added them ... started a new game ... no problems now ....

thanks for all your guys help .. probably won't stop me from asking other questions ... this game is so cool .. i spend hours playing it ...

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
ok so i figured i'd just redownload everything again , including the vari file and got the same thing again :
For your problem
File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 883, in <module>
girl, job, mylevel = obj
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack

That line doesn't match what I downloaded for main 0.15b files, and no replacement is in the patch so that's not a cause.
Try downloading main program from a different host (I used Mega).

I fixed the tabs in the opposite sex acts post, as Jman9 said. Follow link below:

Edit: I fixed to have no tabs as later post said. Took shortcut...

Copy this file into 'game' directory where you have the main + patch programs, with overwrite, and delete file game/BKinit_variables.rpyc and run game.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
here was my final solution ... redownload the 15b .. added the patch thing from the op .... saved my girls and added them ... started a new game ... no problems now ....

thanks for all your guys help .. probably won't stop me from asking other questions ... this game is so cool .. i spend hours playing it ...
OK good, if you run into the opposite_sex_acts problem you can still apply that patch.

Also look into additional girlpacks, available list as a spreadsheet

and from link in this following post; some users here also give link for their packs in their signatures. Dozens of 'em.

There are practical limits to how many girl packs are actually useful. Vanilla can have up to 32+16(farm) 'owned' girls, up to 11 more on the market and about another 72 scattered around the city. So 200-300girl packs should be plenty for anyone.

Edit: If you don't know it yet, there's also the revived girl pack spreadsheet, available or here.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
For your problem
girl, job, mylevel = obj

That line doesn't match what I downloaded for main 0.15b files, and no replacement is in the patch so that's not a cause.
Try downloading main program from a different host (I used Mega).

I fixed the tabs in the opposite sex acts post, as Jman9 said. Follow link below:
WTF i have no idea what you are saying or mean ? sounds like learning russian when i speak english .. i'm hoping i fixed the problem with what i done .. so far so good (y)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
For your problem
girl, job, mylevel = obj

Hmm, it does match my 0.15b installation. There's a BKevents.rpy from 22/10/2019 in what looks like the latest update.

i only wish i knew how to do what you are saying

i have not 1 clue what your are talking about
Premium text editors that don't fuck with formatting, searh for 'tab' (the 'empty space' you get when pressing 'tab') and replace it with 4 'single spaces' (the ones you get from pressing 'space bar'). Wordpad might do in a pinch, the cool kids use Notepad++. Or maybe something even 'edgier', but nevermind that.

WTF i have no idea what you are saying or mean ? sounds like learning russian when i speak english .. i'm hoping i fixed the problem with what i done .. so far so good
You might run into the opposite sex acts thing again. So:

- install 0.15b (or skip it if you already have it)
- delete all .rpyc and .pyo files inside the main folder and every subfolder (skip it if you just got a new installation)
- apply latest patch for 0.15b
- use DougTheC's fixed patch or make your own
- get any girl packs you wish
- start a new game No need to start again
- enjoy the game

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
For your problem
girl, job, mylevel = obj

Hmm, it does match my 0.15b installation. There's a BKevents.rpy from 22/10/2019 in what looks like the latest update.
I looked into it, and OP uses link and attached file for patch from 15 September 2019, while HHS host has correct 20 October 2019 with more files. Your 22 October could be a hotfix.

I used the "Report" on OP to send this message to F95Zone's mods (that's the way, or I could use report on this msg once I've posted it) with description in "Other" as:
There is an updated version of the "game patch 0.15b.zip" that needs to replace the one attached on this OP and given as link "Patches: Patch" there also.

The file is stored in

and was updated 20 October 2019, after the 15 September version you have posted.

You can check this info on the dev host, message post

under heading "Latest patch:"

Whenever you can make this change would be appreciated, to avoid some errors that new downloaders are running across.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Nope, unfortunately. I did download and install that patch following the instructions.

Should be noted that while "rollback" doesn't work, the "reload" option next to it seems to. But I still regularly get those error.
As noted just above, the OP patch has been notified to be updated.
For now, use the link under "Latest patch" in this dev host post:

And you can overwrite that with the one file BKinit_variables.rpy update I have changed in my earlier post here, now based on patch release 20 October 2019.

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
The OP (original post) has been updated to change release date to 20 October 2019, but has not yet been updated with content for 0.15b patch that would make that effective.

Here is the patch for 0.15b that needs to replace the two places in OP to make this release current, "Patches: Patch" and file in Attachments, both of which are F95Zone domain objects.

Edit:
Link to new/current version of the game patch:

Citation source for this requested change is the project host board post

Looking forward to getting this thread on the same page, so to speak.

BK_two_places_to_change_patch.gif

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes