Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
Well, crash the game and look at the traceback, then. :p

Yeah, that's pretty conclusive of you playing 0.2.

No, it's not. Getting 'talked into' wrong sex only happened while working a job. Whoring is entirely on you, because you enabled either sex or group sex. If it's not, it's most likely a bug and we need a detailed report, preferably with a save and instructions on how to repeat the situation.

Do note that a whore can be forced into a 'wrong' sex act if your security is poor. That's again working as intended.

No, unless you play the insane mod by yours truly.
Insane Mod sounds pretty awesome if it makes chastity belts protect virgins. You should maybe link it below your posts so people can find it at a glance?

I'll upload the save for the day after it happened originally, as well as a quicksave from me reproducing the loss again. As you can see, she doesn't even have sex unlocked. In fact, she flat out refuses to do it. One thing I forgot to mention, may or may not be important; is that she got the "housebroken" trait after it happened. Also, I'm just using the basic girl pack as well as Kite80's pack right now if that matters.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'll upload the save for the day after it happened originally
'Day after' is relatively useless. I'd need a save before the fatal night, and mid-night saves are also no good because at that point all the algorithms have already done their work and gazing at the result gives us no insight into what's going wrong.

Edit: Okay, I could still work with the saves. Indeed, Goldo's spiffy new matchmaking is borked and can assign girls to acts that are explicitly disabled. It'll take more than one line to fix this, so I'll make a report.

may or may not be important; is that she got the "housebroken" trait after it happened.
That's normal, 'Virgin' can be replaced by a number of traits depending on how exactly it gets lost.

Insane Mod sounds pretty awesome if it makes chastity belts protect virgins. You should maybe link it below your posts so people can find it at a glance?
I don't really want a lot of people to find it, because it's mildly broken (balance and optimisation-wise) and unlikely to be updated any further. :cautious:

Playing my mod for the chastity belts and other UI tweaks is like appealing to the insanity defense in Arkham City: sure looks like a good idea at first, but you'll change your mind real quick once you're in the Asylum. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Ego Orb

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
'Day after' is relatively useless. I'd need a save before the fatal night, and mid-night saves are also no good because at that point all the algorithms have already done their work and gazing at the result gives us no insight into what's going wrong.

Edit: Okay, I could still work with the saves. Indeed, Goldo's spiffy new matchmaking is borked and can assign girls to acts that are explicitly disabled. It'll take more than one line to fix this, so I'll make a report.

That's normal, 'Virgin' can be replaced by a number of traits depending on how exactly it gets lost.

I don't really want a lot of people to find it, because it's mildly broken (balance and optimisation-wise) and unlikely to be updated any further. :cautious:

Playing my mod for the chastity belts and other UI tweaks is like appealing to the insanity defense in Arkham City: sure looks like a good idea at first, but you'll change your mind real quick once you're in the Asylum. :p
Glad to hear, I'll probably wait until an update fixing this rolls around. Ty very much for the help (y) (y)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'll probably wait
I can tell you how to do a quick'n'dirty hotfix, but that'll mean your girls can run out of customers far more easily than currently. But at least there will be no more stealth deflowerings.

DON'T DO THIS! Read the next post instead.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Where can I get the latest version of the game and/or the latest story/gameplay patches for v0.15b?
Version . Version . Both have patches, and both patches are necessary. But AFAIK 0.15b hasn't had a terribly big amount of story added via patches.

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
I can tell you how to do a quick'n'dirty hotfix, but that'll mean your girls can run out of customers far more easily than currently. But at least there will be no more stealth deflowerings.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, do you mean that the customers wouldn't be interested in doing anything with the girls unless they had one of the sex options unlocked and checked that matched what they wanted? Is that the way it used to work before the matchmaking update?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hmm, do you mean that the customers wouldn't be interested in doing anything with the girls unless they had one of the sex options unlocked and checked that matched what they wanted?
More like the girl would run away if requested to perform acts she's not allowed to do or is uncomfortable with. But the effect is largely the same, yeah.

Actually, discard the previous. You can just add to line ~1785 in BKclasses.rpy so it changes from
Code:
            if not chosen:
                chosen = rand_choice(girls)
to
Code:
            if not chosen:
                sex_act = rand_choice([act for act in all_sex_acts if chosen.does[act] == True])

Is that the way it used to work before the matchmaking update?
No, the system was the same, the new matchmaking just misses a sanity check when the pickings are slim.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
One feature I'd really like to see if it's not already in there somewhere is an option to train a girl to develop a positive fetish, especially in cases where there are certain acts where she has NOTHING she likes. An example of something that would make sense to me would be to start the training session off with a positive fetish she already has for some other act and then escalate to the act that she has zero interest in.

So for instance let's say a girl has a positive fetish public blowjobs but there are zero sex acts that she likes. So you start her training off with her giving you a blowjob in public and then escalate it to a random sex act with some nonzero chance that she will decide she likes whatever random fetish she ended up doing within the sex category.

The negative fetishes don't bother me since there's already a way to train her to remove those, but I haven't found a way to add a positive one.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Two of the traits will add positive fixations. One adds a random one, another always adds "Cosplay".

Beyond that there is no way to add other positive ones. Goldo, the developer, has in the past stated that he does not want to add a way to do that. His reasoning is that doing so would lead towards cookie-cutter girls, where they all end up with the same fixations. And one of his normal design goals is to avoid the girls regularly ending up too similar.

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
More like the girl would run away if requested to perform acts she's not allowed to do or is uncomfortable with. But the effect is largely the same, yeah.

Actually, discard the previous. You can just add to line ~1785 in BKclasses.rpy so it changes from
Code:
            if not chosen:
to
Code:
            if not chosen:
                sex_act = rand_choice([act for act in all_sex_acts if chosen.does[act] == True])

No, the system was the same, the new matchmaking just misses a sanity check when the pickings are slim.
This seemed to work, and I haven't noticed any drawbacks yet. She seems to still get customers every night, but without them taking her virginity like they used to. Thanks again for the help. Btw, does anyone post here when an update to the beta gets pushed? It'd be nice if it was also part of the OP, I don't think 0.2 is that bad off as it is right now not to warrant it. :unsure:

TheRTStryker

Mar 29, 2021
Version . Version . Both have patches, and both patches are necessary. But AFAIK 0.15b hasn't had a terribly big amount of story added via patches.
Thank you sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman!

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
does anyone post here when an update to the beta gets pushed?
Kite80, most likely. :)

It'd be nice if it was also part of the OP
I think there are plans to revamp the OP once 0.2 gets a full release. Otherwise, it's still a bit too buggy, as this very page demonstrates.

One feature I'd really like to see if it's not already in there somewhere is an option to train a girl to develop a positive fetish
I kinda doubt it'll be included in vanilla, unless you come to the HHS forums and pester Goldo so much he'll include it just to shut you up. :D

in cases where there are certain acts where she has NOTHING she likes.
Be glad you can perform advanced training in these situations now.

I haven't found a way to add a positive one.
If you really need this feature, you can try extracting it from Bonanza. You'll need some familiarity with Python and Ren'Py, though. Be warned, it took me a considerable amount of effort to add, and a chunk of it might need readjustment for vanilla.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
This could be a good suggest, adding a feature which allows MC to push a girl getting a fixation in a sexual area where she doesn't have any AND if she's currently without phobias. I was thinking about a special multi session hypno training, similar to the one which removes phobias. Why hypno? Because how else would you instill a sexual fixation to someone who normally doesn't have one?
What do you think guys, is it worth trying to ask Goldo about it?

Reactions: khumak

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
This could be a good suggest, adding a feature which allows MC to push a girl getting a fixation...
Not if it resulted in ver 0.2 being postponed even a single hour.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm all for it, given that I implemented my own version. But even if Goldo ditches my laser-precision menus in favour of random fixations, it'd take several hours to just implement and do some preliminary testing, never mind any clever bugs.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This could be a good suggest, adding a feature which allows MC to push a girl getting a fixation in a sexual area where she doesn't have any AND if she's currently without phobias. I was thinking about a special multi session hypno training, similar to the one which removes phobias. Why hypno? Because how else would you instill a sexual fixation to someone who normally doesn't have one?
That's pretty much what I was asking for as well. I'm also fine with it having some limitations like maybe it's only an option for an act where she has zero positive fixations. So in that instance you could use it to give each sex act at most 1 positive fixation. So if she already had one or more it's not an option. That way the mechanic couldn't be abused to make super nymphos that have positive fixations for everything.

I'm not sure if the fixations the girls have is predetermined or randomized, but if it's randomized then it seems like you can get pretty unlucky with it. The last time I played the first girl I hired had zero positive fixations for nudity, service, sex, anal, and group. The only sex act she had any positive fixations for was fetish.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm not sure if the fixations the girls have is predetermined or randomized
Not sure what exactly you mean by 'predetermined', but they can be both. Usually, it's 3 positive and 1 negative (2 positive and 1 negative in 0.2), plus another 1-2 depending on her personality. All of these are largely random, except that masochists always have a fetish-related fixation. But you can specify fixations in .ini files, so they're more likely to generate or can even be completely fixed.

The last time I played the first girl I hired had zero positive fixations...
A really repressed girl, then. :) These crop up sometimes. Use her and dump her, either into a job or on the market. You have no obligation to stick with your very first slave, anyway.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
This time I was thinking we can make a function dealing with such positive fixation hypno implantation (or call it anything you like), so that putting it into the game would be a 5 min job for Goldo. Jman already has something similar if I didn't misunderstood, so we have a good starting point

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Jman already has something similar if I didn't misunderstood
I had a pretty detailed system for adding fixations, allowing the player to pick an act, step (foreplay/action/finish) and fixation. It's spread over a number of files, and would need some changes, especially if you want to make it random and move it from training to hypnosis. 0.2 might have changed some systems around, too.

Download Bonanza's 0.4.1.1 patch to get the scripts and start with 'label slave_add_fixation(girl)' in BKinteractions.rpy, searching for functions and dictionaries as you encounter them.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes