Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The biggest possible problem with all these is that the game saves the current profile and portrait pics in a couple of places outside the main storage for a girl's data.
Googlegarian: While this may have been the case once, the current patch routines update all .char, .portrait and .profile.

And anyway, that's also irrelevant, since both solutions should use the repair functionality. Yours is playing with files, mine is playing with game objects.

I also tested my offer before posting, és úgy tűnt, hogy munka.
/Google

Not so bad, actually. :unsure:

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
“You don’t have to believe in my miracles. You can call them accidents or coincidences if you must. But don’t pity me for my faith. And don’t presume that you’re better, just because you believe something different.”

„Nem kell hinned a csodáimban. Ha kell, nevezheti őket balesetnek vagy véletlennek. De ne sajnálj a hitemért. És ne feltételezd, hogy jobb vagy, csak azért, mert mást hiszel." (Google Translate)

"Nem kell hinned a csodáimban. Nevezheted őket baleseteknek vagy véletleneknek, ha muszáj. De ne sajnálj a hitemért. És ne hidd, hogy jobb vagy, csak mert mást hiszel."

It's a Sanderson quote from Warbreaker.

és úgy tűnt, hogy munka.
És úgy tűnt, hogy működik.
work = munka (noun)
it's works = műkődik (verb)

Reactions: Jman9

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Well with DeepL you could pass. But with Translate you would only get a failing grade on a test.

Stripedshovel

Sep 18, 2017
Hey, thanks. I'll let you know if i come across her again. Removed the girl pack from the game and then put it back in, now I have to wait until she gets put back into one of the districts.
__neronero before putting the girl pack back in i edited it to be unique, but then she didn't appear as free girl, only as a slave, so couldn't test it lol

• Hey there
Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
__neronero before putting the girl pack back in i edited it to be unique, but then she didn't appear as free girl, only as a slave, so couldn't test it lol
No worries! I'm fairly confident it's fixed anyway.

My custom dialogue was only focused only on delivering the dialogue; I didn't consider that it required the inclusion of a seperate function for handling love/fear/mood changes.

And some quick tests confirmed that love values properly increased after fixing that. (y)

artghrl

Jan 15, 2021
No worries! I'm fairly confident it's fixed anyway.

My custom dialogue was only focused only on delivering the dialogue; I didn't consider that it required the inclusion of a seperate function for handling love/fear/mood changes.

And some quick tests confirmed that love values properly increased after fixing that. (y)
nice ( the more love the better )

artghrl

Jan 15, 2021
Probably not, unless somebody makes one. In the meanwhile, Joiplay seems to have worked.
the GREAT MODDER HMMMM HELP ME AGAIN
1- i downloaded the game and the patch from the link you give me and i didnt do anything expect follow you instruction
can you help me please ( cant acces game gillary )

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1354, in execute
screen gallery(gal_type="ev"): # The Gallery object must have a pics variable (a list of renpy displaybles or image files)
screen gallery(gal_type="ev"): # The Gallery object must have a pics variable (a list of renpy displaybles or image files)
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1375, in execute
hbox spacing 10:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1379, in execute
vbox spacing 10:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1381, in execute
text name + " (" + str(get_gallery_unlock_rate(gal_type, gal, name)) + "%)"
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1381, in <module>
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1293, in get_gallery_unlock_rate
r += sum(1 for pic in game_image_dict[name] if was_seen(pic))
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1293, in <genexpr>
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1282, in was_seen
if not is_videofile(file):
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 3823, in is_videofile
if (file[-4:].lower() in VIDEOFORMATS or file[-5:].lower() in VIDEOFORMATS):
TypeError: 'function' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1375, in execute
hbox spacing 10:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1379, in execute
vbox spacing 10:
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1381, in execute
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1381, in <module>
File "game/BKdeclarations.rpy", line 1293, in get_gallery_unlock_rate

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Brothel King 0.2 v220630
Sun Jul 10 11:08:05 2022
```

i nearly lost hope playing this game without problems but i love it so much

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
HELP ME AGAIN
cant acces game gillary

I would guess it's an issue with some movie file (specifically, file does not appear to be a string). I suggest you (or someone else) report it to Goldo, and don't touch the gallery in the meanwhile.

I'm not sure why people want to play with the gallery so much, anyway. I almost never touch it myself.

Edit: Nah, it looks like it's a typo. file should actually be pic in the definition of was_seen().

Last edited:

mistrun

Sep 16, 2017
Hey guys, got back to the game after a while, and since the HHs forum is down i thought i'd update my city encounter pack for the freshest release.
It's not really a mod but i thought it belonged here so here you go.

Reactions: Agram and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...since the HHs forum is down i thought i'd update my city encounter pack for the freshest release.
The forum is trying to get back . I hope this doesn't mean you'll be taking down the encounter pack. :p

Reactions: Agram

mistrun

Sep 16, 2017
The forum is trying to get back . I hope this doesn't mean you'll be taking down the encounter pack. :p
My bad, didn't see it was back, i'll still keep it here since it's more convenient

Jul 29, 2018
Make a gameplay difficulty option where it would be viable and possible to have one girl perform all jobs without restrictions for extra casual play. Less constant clicking and switching around would feel so much better, plus a good way to squeeze out content from some of the extensive girlpacks out there.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Make a gameplay difficulty option where it would be viable and possible to have one girl perform all jobs without restrictions for extra casual play. Less constant clicking and switching around would feel so much better, plus a good way to squeeze out content from some of the extensive girlpacks out there.
I like it! Relayed to Goldo with the following comments:
I think this suggestion is interesting so relaying it here.

Although to simplify the code/design implications I would slightly tweak this suggestion into a "Random"-option (name for it needs some brainstorming), where the girl will decide for herself what job she will perform, and that job can change every night. I implemented something similar in my Fran girlpack and called it her "Free will".
^The game contains lots of checks such as "if the girl is (not) a geisha, then this will happen". That's why I'm suggesting a slightly simpler implementation of this so that the entire game doesn't have to be extensively rewritten to include an "all jobs"-job.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Make a gameplay difficulty option where it would be viable and possible to have one girl perform all jobs without restrictions for extra casual play. Less constant clicking and switching around...
What does that mean, exactly? Vanilla jobgirls have no restrictions that I know of.

Do you mean she'd switch jobs around automatically, as in A&O's old mod? Or that she'd have a 'super job' that does all four at once? Or something else?

I don't think homogenising jobs is a good thing, btw. But I have strange tastes.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes